    I learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone, so you got to please
    yourself.
    - Ricky Nelson from "Garden Party"

    richard, May 21, 2010

  2. richard

    ian field Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:1g2waifvnxui0$.1m8zplvbncnhz$...
    > I've been expecting a package to be delivered by fedex today.
    > But no. Ain't gonna happen. The tracking site shows the package got
    > delivered to a post office? Now I have to wait another day or two to get
    > it? This ain't what the customer is paying for. Nor is it what fedex
    > advertises.

    I wish the couriers here in the UK did that!

    The couriers have an uncanny knack for only calling when I'm out and
    depending which courier their depot could be anywhere - the post office
    collection office is a half mile down the road.

    ian field, May 21, 2010

  3. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:
    > I've been expecting a package to be delivered by fedex today.
    > But no. Ain't gonna happen. The tracking site shows the package got
    > delivered to a post office? Now I have to wait another day or two to get
    > it? This ain't what the customer is paying for. Nor is it what fedex
    > advertises.

    My local giant post office (some kind of regional center) has a fedex
    drop box outside.

    Fedex will not deliver to post office boxes.

    At the specific drop box I am speaking about, the services at the drop
    box are described as 'express' and 'self service' and the latest
    delivery times are 4:30pm M-F none on SatSun. From reading about drop
    boxes at the fedex site, I would say that you cannot pick up a fedex
    delivery there - you can only drop a fedex express package there or pick
    up shipping supplies.

    Even nearer to me than the fedex USPS drop box, is a facility called
    Postal Annex - which is an authorized fedex ShipCenter from which you
    can ship fedex; and you can also have a private mailbox and a variety of
    services. But I don't think you can pickup a fedex shipment there either.

    In my experience, when a fedex package didn't get delivered to me and I
    had to go pick it up, I had to drive quite a ways (a nearby town) to a
    fedex 'warehouse' in a bad part of another town.

    I don't know what kind of situation you are in with a fedex delivery
    that you would be instructed to go to a US post office. Are you sure
    there isn't some kind of confusion?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 21, 2010
  4. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:1g2waifvnxui0$.1m8zplvbncnhz$ richard
    <> wrote:

    > I've been expecting a package to be delivered by fedex today.
    > But no. Ain't gonna happen. The tracking site shows the package got
    > delivered to a post office? Now I have to wait another day or two to
    > get it? This ain't what the customer is paying for. Nor is it what
    > fedex advertises.

    That's probably the FedEx "SmartPost" service, which uses the postal
    service for final delivery; it's cheaper.

    http://fedex.com/us/smartpost/index.html

    Since FedEx often won't leave a package without a signature (even
    though I have a signature waiver on file), this kind of shipping usually
    turns out to be more convenient for me.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, May 21, 2010
  5. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/21/2010 3:30 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > I've been expecting a package to be delivered by fedex today.
    > But no. Ain't gonna happen. The tracking site shows the package got
    > delivered to a post office? Now I have to wait another day or two to get
    > it? This ain't what the customer is paying for. Nor is it what fedex
    > advertises.

    This feature of delivery was primarily devised for rural areas where
    there is no USPS delivery and everyone goes to the PO to get their
    mail.(Such as in Marfa, Tx.) saves the UPS, FedEx, DHL drivers from
    driving all over the country side to deliver a package. I experience
    this frequently.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, May 21, 2010
  6. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > Even nearer to me than the fedex USPS drop box, is a facility called
    > Postal Annex - which is an authorized fedex ShipCenter from which you
    > can ship fedex; and you can also have a private mailbox and a variety of
    > services. But I don't think you can pickup a fedex shipment there either.

    Maybe you can. (Nope, not at Postal Annex.)

    Fedex has some kind of delivery option which is called 'Hold at FedEx
    Location' -- in which the kinds of fedex locations which a package can
    be held for a recipient are: "Packages will be held for pickup at the
    designated FedEx Office Print & Ship Center, FedEx World Service Center
    or FedEx Office Ship Center."

    All of *my* nearby Hold At locations are Kinko's, except for one
    non-kinkos about 9 mi away.

    All of the kinkos have Sat pickup - which is good to know. Apparently
    the Kinko's around here have all been rebadged to say/ be called/ "FedEx
    Office Print & Ship Center"

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 21, 2010
  7. richard

    richard Guest

    On 21 May 2010 21:51:13 GMT, Bert Hyman wrote:

    > In news:1g2waifvnxui0$.1m8zplvbncnhz$ richard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've been expecting a package to be delivered by fedex today.
    >> But no. Ain't gonna happen. The tracking site shows the package got
    >> delivered to a post office? Now I have to wait another day or two to
    >> get it? This ain't what the customer is paying for. Nor is it what
    >> fedex advertises.

    > That's probably the FedEx "SmartPost" service, which uses the postal
    > service for final delivery; it's cheaper.
    >
    > http://fedex.com/us/smartpost/index.html
    >
    > Since FedEx often won't leave a package without a signature (even
    > though I have a signature waiver on file), this kind of shipping usually
    > turns out to be more convenient for me.

    That's probably what's going on. The shipper already has you pay out the
    ass for shipping charges, then uses the cheapest way of doing it.

    What kills me is it only took 4 physical days to ship from LA to Phoenix?
    Hell, I could have driven there, picked up the package and return home
    faster.

    richard, May 21, 2010
  8. richard

    Mike Easter Guest

    Bert Hyman wrote:

    > That's probably the FedEx "SmartPost" service, which uses the postal
    > service for final delivery; it's cheaper.
    >
    > http://fedex.com/us/smartpost/index.html
    >
    > Since FedEx often won't leave a package without a signature (even
    > though I have a signature waiver on file), this kind of shipping usually
    > turns out to be more convenient for me.

    I should have used a different term to search for post office at fedex.

    They like to refer to it as USPS or postal service.

    I wonder how that signature business works with a post office box. The
    link says "including P.O. boxes".

    I seem to recall getting something in a POB, a notice, and I had to go
    to the POB services desk during their business hours to sign for the item.

    So, how come the standard policy for so many businesses is that they
    won't ship to a POB? I guess it means that the other services such as
    DHS and UPS don't have the fedex smartpost service worked out.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 21, 2010
  9. richard

    NotMe Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > I've been expecting a package to be delivered by fedex today.
    > But no. Ain't gonna happen. The tracking site shows the package got
    > delivered to a post office? Now I have to wait another day or two to get
    > it? This ain't what the customer is paying for. Nor is it what fedex
    > advertises.

    It's a sub of FEDEX (UPS has the same deal) it is NOT directly controlled or
    tracked by either FEDEX or UPS. It's a low ball shipping service FEDEX/UPS
    has sold to the shippers. Customer's have the impression it's the premium
    service where in fact it's the lowest form of shipping available.

    I've had a round and round with these folk and the SUPS over the problems.
    SUPS reports that more than a few packages recorded as delivered to the
    care, custody, control of the SUPS don't make it to their facilities.

    In desperation we've had to mark all our PO's with a qualification to the
    effect if the shipment is redirected to SUPS WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE. FWIW
    we've filed complaints with the Postal Inspectors, but have received no
    reports on the result of the investigations.

    BTW good luck getting this in the next 'few days' our shipments (when they
    do arrive) often take weeks.

    NotMe, May 22, 2010
  10. richard

    NotMe Guest

    SUPS should read U S P S something in OE is changing the spelling.

    NotMe, May 22, 2010
  11. richard

    NotMe Guest

    "MOLOGROV SCHLOCKTAIL" <bolshevik@russia.****> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 22 May 2010 00:18:18 -0500, "NotMe" <> wrote:
    >
    >>SUPS should read U S P S something in OE is changing the spelling.

    > We Have Saying In Country. Sovereign Union Postal Service Is Superior
    > To All. Using Outlook Express For Leading Revolution.

    LOL good one ... I'll have to remember that for my next conversation with
    the post office folk.

    NotMe, May 22, 2010
  12. richard

    Zeke Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > I've been expecting a package to be delivered by fedex today.
    > But no. Ain't gonna happen. The tracking site shows the package got
    > delivered to a post office? Now I have to wait another day or two to get
    > it? This ain't what the customer is paying for. Nor is it what fedex
    > advertises.

    Fedex installed Comodo on their tracking system, it fucked up everything...

    Zeke, May 22, 2010
  13. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2010 15:02:17 -0600, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> I've been expecting a package to be delivered by fedex today. But no.
    >> Ain't gonna happen. The tracking site shows the package got delivered
    >> to a post office? Now I have to wait another day or two to get
    >> it? This ain't what the customer is paying for. Nor is it what fedex
    >> advertises.
    >>

    > Whadda you expect from a NON UNION shop?
    >
    > Word.

    For you, mate:

    <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwbzxemJZIc>

    Billy Bragg rules.

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>

    Aardvark, May 23, 2010
  14. richard

    Aardvark, May 23, 2010
  15. richard

    doS Guest

    wrong...some compaines fedex to a post office for delivery in some
    areas...they save money,they call it "smart post in" my area...

    doS, May 26, 2010
  16. richard

    doS Guest

    don't bite the dolls neck lol

    doS, May 26, 2010
  17. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 21 May 2010 14:59:46 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>That's probably what's going on. The shipper already has you pay out
    >>the ass for shipping charges, then uses the cheapest way of doing it.

    > The "Shipper" hasn't charged you anything, nor have you paid the
    > shipper anything. You paid the company you bought the product from.
    > THEY paid the shipper.

    The person with the product (in this case, the person from whom you
    bought the item) is the "shipper," while the people with the trucks,
    FedEX in this case, is the "carrier."

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, May 26, 2010
  18. richard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    > On 26 May 2010 20:50:02 GMT, Bert Hyman <> wrote:
    >
    >>The person with the product (in this case, the person from whom you
    >>bought the item) is the "shipper," while the people with the trucks,
    >>FedEX in this case, is the "carrier."

    > Hmm.. I've seen it either way, but most often, I consider the shipper
    > to be UPS / FedEx, not say Buy.com or Amazon.

    Mine's the common use of the terms and FedEx and UPS agree in their
    tariffs.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, May 26, 2010
  19. richard

    Jordon Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On 26 May 2010 20:50:02 GMT, Bert Hyman<> wrote:
    >
    >> The person with the product (in this case, the person from whom you
    >> bought the item) is the "shipper," while the people with the trucks,
    >> FedEX in this case, is the "carrier."

    > Hmm.. I've seen it either way, but most often, I consider the shipper
    > to be UPS / FedEx, not say Buy.com or Amazon.

    UPS and FedEx would never consider themselves a shipper unless
    they were the origin of the cargo. Shipper-carrier-consignee.
    Trust me, I'm in the business.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, May 26, 2010
  20. richard

    Jordon Guest

    Bert Hyman wrote:

    > Since FedEx often won't leave a package without a signature (even
    > though I have a signature waiver on file), this kind of shipping usually
    > turns out to be more convenient for me.

    I received a package from FedEx yesterday afternoon at
    my house. There was a knock at the door and by the time
    I opened it the driver was pulling away and my package
    was on the door step.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, May 27, 2010