Why do u have to return Vonage equipment when canceling?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by zcarenow@yahoo.com, Jul 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    You already paid for the equipment when u signed up right? So why do u
    have to return it? It should be yours. Also, did you know that if your
    equipment goes back after a year or so, you have to buy a new one on
    your own. Since this is the case, then the equipment should be yours.
     
    , Jul 26, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:
    > You already paid for the equipment when u signed up
    > right? So why do u have to return it? It should be yours.
    > Also, did you know that if your equipment goes back after
    > a year or so, you have to buy a new one on your own.
    > Since this is the case, then the equipment should be
    > yours.


    You don't own it, you only rent it. Another reason to avoid Vonage.

    Ivor
     
    Ivor Jones, Jul 27, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Rick Merrill Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > news:
    >
    >>You already paid for the equipment when u signed up
    >>right? So why do u have to return it? It should be yours.
    >>Also, did you know that if your equipment goes back after
    >>a year or so, you have to buy a new one on your own.
    >>Since this is the case, then the equipment should be
    >>yours.

    >
    >
    > You don't own it, you only rent it. Another reason to avoid Vonage.
    >
    > Ivor
    >
    >



    Clearly if it is itemized on your bill you are renting it and do not own
    it. On the other hand, how can they force you to return it - cancel
    your service?

    Some systems give you the ATA, and sometimes that is just a limited time
    offer.
     
    Rick Merrill, Jul 27, 2006
    #3
  4. Guest

    The thing is if i am renting it, why wouldn't they send me another one
    if the one i have is not working anymore? They said it is past
    warranty, so i'm thinking i actually own the equipment since i did pay
    for equipment and setup costs to have the service to begin with.
    Rick Merrill wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > news:
    > >
    > >>You already paid for the equipment when u signed up
    > >>right? So why do u have to return it? It should be yours.
    > >>Also, did you know that if your equipment goes back after
    > >>a year or so, you have to buy a new one on your own.
    > >>Since this is the case, then the equipment should be
    > >>yours.

    > >
    > >
    > > You don't own it, you only rent it. Another reason to avoid Vonage.
    > >
    > > Ivor
    > >
    > >

    >
    >
    > Clearly if it is itemized on your bill you are renting it and do not own
    > it. On the other hand, how can they force you to return it - cancel
    > your service?
    >
    > Some systems give you the ATA, and sometimes that is just a limited time
    > offer.
     
    , Jul 27, 2006
    #4
  5. Rick Merrill Guest

    wrote:

    > The thing is if i am renting it, why wouldn't they send me another one
    > if the one i have is not working anymore? They said it is past
    > warranty, so i'm thinking i actually own the equipment since i did pay
    > for equipment and setup costs to have the service to begin with.

    ....

    Sounds right - do you have a bill handy and is it itemized?
     
    Rick Merrill, Jul 27, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Alex Vinokur

    Canceling graphics in Outlook Express 6

    Alex Vinokur, Oct 29, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    464
    Juan PĂ©rez
    Oct 29, 2003
  2. Replies:
    14
    Views:
    1,937
    Thomas Rankin
    Sep 3, 2005
  3. Andrew (G0RVM)

    Vonage - Required equipment

    Andrew (G0RVM), Feb 21, 2006, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    3,381
    Thomas Kenyon
    Feb 22, 2006
  4. dvdsoon & canceling orders

    , Jul 12, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    476
    Steve
    Aug 6, 2005
  5. Jene Keller

    Why do you waste your time canceling my accounts?

    Jene Keller, Nov 3, 2003, in forum: Computer Security
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    656
    Mimic
    Nov 4, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page