    Goth Loser Guest

    I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    really suck that bad?

    Goth Loser, May 19, 2005

  2. "Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    > really suck that bad?

    That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about mid-80's,
    not referring to the Corps as a whole.

    In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    comprehensive.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, May 19, 2005

  3. Goth Loser

    Omega Guest

    "Arved Sandstrom" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    :
    : That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about
    mid-80's,
    : not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    :
    : In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    : criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    : comprehensive.
    :
    : AHS

    Same thing with the Army.

    Now everyone has the bright idea that every criminal, high school drop out
    and uneducated illegal alien should be made to serve in the military. If it
    is so good for the military then why not used these "outcasts" as police
    officers or is that too close to home???

    Omega, May 19, 2005
  4. "Omega" <> wrote in message

    > "Arved Sandstrom" <> wrote in message
    > : "Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    > : news:...
    > : > I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    > : > really suck that bad?
    > :
    > : That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about
    > mid-80's,
    > : not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    > :
    > : In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    > : criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    > : comprehensive.
    > :
    > : AHS
    >
    > Same thing with the Army.

    It occurred to me recently that every politician should serve at least 4
    years in the military.

    > Now everyone has the bright idea that every criminal, high school drop out
    > and uneducated illegal alien should be made to serve in the military. If

    it
    > is so good for the military then why not used these "outcasts" as police
    > officers or is that too close to home???

    It is an interesting concept. In fact, the last place you'd want the
    druggies and illegals is in the military and police - Congress: not so much
    of an issue...only a few of them are evidently useful.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, May 19, 2005
  5. Goth Loser

    Cetus Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 01:09:03 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    <> spewed forth thusly:

    >"Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    >> I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    >> really suck that bad?

    >That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about mid-80's,
    >not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    >
    >In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    >criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    >comprehensive.
    >
    >AHS

    HAHAHAHAHAHA! Who the hell are you trying to kid? I served with a
    whole bunch of Marines in the 80's, and most of them were there
    because it was the only alternative to jail for a DUI.Half of them
    were tripping on acid. The corpsmen wouldn't go on patrol with them
    because the idiots kept shooting each other in the back " by
    accident". The OIC of one unit was fired for buttstocking a sleeping
    private unto death, among other things. They were only slightly less
    fruity than the SEALs.

    It had just occured to the Commandant that maybe the Marine paper
    pushers were getting a bit too much chair parade, and maybe he ought
    to get the fat REMFs humping a pack once a year.

    It was a damn good thing a Navy man was in charge of all of them.

    I never heard it called " the suck". I heard it called "the crotch",
    and the motto was "semper fi, **** your buddy."

    Cetus, May 19, 2005
  6. Goth Loser

    Omega Guest

    "Cetus" <> wrote in message
    : On Thu, 19 May 2005 01:09:03 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    : <> spewed forth thusly:
    :
    : >"Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    : >news:...
    : >> I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    : >> really suck that bad?
    : >
[...]

    After 1983, the whole military was shaken up. Standards went up. If there
    were folks who were given the "jail or service" routine then they were in
    before 1975. the reason that 1983 was water shed year was that was the year
    they cracked down on drugs. We had that EA-6 crash due to the maintenance
    folks being high on pot. That started the ball rolling. And frankly most
    of those in the military had had their fill of the druggies and punks
    anyway.

    Omega, May 19, 2005
  7. "Cetus" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 May 2005 01:09:03 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    > <> spewed forth thusly:
    >
    > >"Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    > >> I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    > >> really suck that bad?

    > >That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about

    mid-80's,
    > >not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    > >
    > >In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    > >criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    > >comprehensive.
    > >
    > >AHS
    > >

    > HAHAHAHAHAHA! Who the hell are you trying to kid? I served with a
    > whole bunch of Marines in the 80's, and most of them were there
    > because it was the only alternative to jail for a DUI.Half of them
    > were tripping on acid. The corpsmen wouldn't go on patrol with them
    > because the idiots kept shooting each other in the back " by
    > accident".

    Is that right? The Navy corpsmen never refused to go out with Marines, so
    you're already lying. And half of Marines doing LSD - maybe you have been,
    because you are so fucked.

    >The OIC of one unit was fired for buttstocking a sleeping
    > private unto death, among other things. They were only slightly less
    > fruity than the SEALs.

    What's the cite for that event, genius?

    > It had just occured to the Commandant that maybe the Marine paper
    > pushers were getting a bit too much chair parade, and maybe he ought
    > to get the fat REMFs humping a pack once a year.

    It occurs to me that compared to the Navy, there were damned few REMF's in
    the Corps.

    > It was a damn good thing a Navy man was in charge of all of them.

    That's how it works - the USN operationally controls the Marine Corps. But
    the Navy sure as **** does not train the Marines.

    > I never heard it called " the suck". I heard it called "the crotch",
    > and the motto was "semper fi, **** your buddy."

    Jesus, man, you've been reading too many books from the '60's. As for the
    motto, you are so full of shit.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, May 19, 2005
  8. Goth Loser

    Cetus Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:23:04 GMT, "Omega" <> spewed
    forth thusly:

    >"Cetus" <> wrote in message
    >: On Thu, 19 May 2005 01:09:03 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    >: <> spewed forth thusly:
    >:
    >: >"Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    >: >news:...
    >: >> I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    >: >> really suck that bad?
    >: >
    >: >That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about
    >mid-80's,
    >: >not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    >: >
    >: >In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    >: >criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    >: >comprehensive.
    >: >
    >: >AHS
    >: >
    >: HAHAHAHAHAHA! Who the hell are you trying to kid? I served with a
    >: whole bunch of Marines in the 80's, and most of them were there
    >: because it was the only alternative to jail for a DUI.Half of them
    >: were tripping on acid. The corpsmen wouldn't go on patrol with them
    >: because the idiots kept shooting each other in the back " by
    >: accident". The OIC of one unit was fired for buttstocking a sleeping
    >: private unto death, among other things. They were only slightly less
    >: fruity than the SEALs.
    >:
    >: It had just occured to the Commandant that maybe the Marine paper
    >: pushers were getting a bit too much chair parade, and maybe he ought
    >: to get the fat REMFs humping a pack once a year.
    >:
    >: It was a damn good thing a Navy man was in charge of all of them.
    >:
    >: I never heard it called " the suck". I heard it called "the crotch",
    >: and the motto was "semper fi, **** your buddy."
    >
    >After 1983, the whole military was shaken up. Standards went up. If there
    >were folks who were given the "jail or service" routine then they were in
    >before 1975. the reason that 1983 was water shed year was that was the year
    >they cracked down on drugs. We had that EA-6 crash due to the maintenance
    >folks being high on pot. That started the ball rolling. And frankly most
    >of those in the military had had their fill of the druggies and punks
    >anyway.

    1988-1990 Sorry. Nice try.

    Cetus, May 19, 2005
  9. Goth Loser

    Cetus Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:51:31 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    <> spewed forth thusly:

    >"Cetus" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 May 2005 01:09:03 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    >> <> spewed forth thusly:
    >>
    >> >"Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about

    >mid-80's,
    >> >not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    >> >
    >> >In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    >> >criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    >> >comprehensive.
    >> >
    >> >AHS
    >> >

    >> HAHAHAHAHAHA! Who the hell are you trying to kid? I served with a
    >> whole bunch of Marines in the 80's, and most of them were there
    >> because it was the only alternative to jail for a DUI.Half of them
    >> were tripping on acid. The corpsmen wouldn't go on patrol with them
    >> because the idiots kept shooting each other in the back " by
    >> accident".

    >Is that right? The Navy corpsmen never refused to go out with Marines, so
    >you're already lying. And half of Marines doing LSD - maybe you have been,
    >because you are so fucked.
    >
    >>The OIC of one unit was fired for buttstocking a sleeping
    >> private unto death, among other things. They were only slightly less
    >> fruity than the SEALs.
    >>

    >What's the cite for that event, genius?
    >
    >> It had just occured to the Commandant that maybe the Marine paper
    >> pushers were getting a bit too much chair parade, and maybe he ought
    >> to get the fat REMFs humping a pack once a year.

    >It occurs to me that compared to the Navy, there were damned few REMF's in
    >the Corps.
    >
    >> It was a damn good thing a Navy man was in charge of all of them.

    >That's how it works - the USN operationally controls the Marine Corps. But
    >the Navy sure as **** does not train the Marines.
    >
    >> I never heard it called " the suck". I heard it called "the crotch",
    >> and the motto was "semper fi, **** your buddy."

    >Jesus, man, you've been reading too many books from the '60's. As for the
    >motto, you are so full of shit.
    >
    >AHS

    Yeah, it sucks when someone tells the truth. It's a damn good thing
    that the Navy doesn't try to use the Marines to run warships. They'd
    end up sinking each other.

    Cetus, May 19, 2005
  10. Goth Loser

    Cetus Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:51:31 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    <> spewed forth thusly:

    >"Cetus" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 May 2005 01:09:03 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    >> <> spewed forth thusly:
    >>
    >> >"Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about

    >mid-80's,
    >> >not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    >> >
    >> >In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    >> >criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    >> >comprehensive.
    >> >
    >> >AHS
    >> >

    >> HAHAHAHAHAHA! Who the hell are you trying to kid? I served with a
    >> whole bunch of Marines in the 80's, and most of them were there
    >> because it was the only alternative to jail for a DUI.Half of them
    >> were tripping on acid. The corpsmen wouldn't go on patrol with them
    >> because the idiots kept shooting each other in the back " by
    >> accident".

    >Is that right? The Navy corpsmen never refused to go out with Marines, so
    >you're already lying. And half of Marines doing LSD - maybe you have been,
    >because you are so fucked.
    >
    >>The OIC of one unit was fired for buttstocking a sleeping
    >> private unto death, among other things. They were only slightly less
    >> fruity than the SEALs.
    >>

    >What's the cite for that event, genius?
    >
    >> It had just occured to the Commandant that maybe the Marine paper
    >> pushers were getting a bit too much chair parade, and maybe he ought
    >> to get the fat REMFs humping a pack once a year.

    >It occurs to me that compared to the Navy, there were damned few REMF's in
    >the Corps.
    >
    >> It was a damn good thing a Navy man was in charge of all of them.

    >That's how it works - the USN operationally controls the Marine Corps. But
    >the Navy sure as **** does not train the Marines.
    >
    >> I never heard it called " the suck". I heard it called "the crotch",
    >> and the motto was "semper fi, **** your buddy."

    >Jesus, man, you've been reading too many books from the '60's. As for the
    >motto, you are so full of shit.
    >
    >AHS

    And, by the way, how would you expect me to cite my memories? What
    kind of a dipshit are you? Oh, lemme guess. Ex-Marine.

    Cetus, May 19, 2005
  11. Goth Loser

    Chris Hayes Guest

    Goth Loser wrote:
    > I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does

    USMC
    > really suck that bad?

    It can.

    Chris Hayes, May 19, 2005
  12. Goth Loser

    Omega Guest

    : >"Cetus" <> wrote in message
    : >news:1116475880.854f95ba321d0285c3d116b233755d2b@teranews...
    : >> On Thu, 19 May 2005 01:09:03 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    : >> <> spewed forth thusly:
    : >>
    : >> >"Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    : >> >news:...
    : >> >> I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does
    USMC
    : >> >> really suck that bad?
    : >> >
[...]

    except that you are full of shit and are lying.

    Omega, May 19, 2005
  13. Goth Loser

    Cetus Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 06:34:02 GMT, "Omega" <> spewed
    forth thusly:

> [...]
    >: >That's how it works - the USN operationally controls the Marine Corps.
    >But
    >: >the Navy sure as **** does not train the Marines.
    >: >
    >: >> I never heard it called " the suck". I heard it called "the crotch",
    >: >> and the motto was "semper fi, **** your buddy."
    >: >
    >: >Jesus, man, you've been reading too many books from the '60's. As for the
    >: >motto, you are so full of shit.
    >: >
    >: >AHS
    >: >
    >:
    >: Yeah, it sucks when someone tells the truth. It's a damn good thing
    >: that the Navy doesn't try to use the Marines to run warships. They'd
    >: end up sinking each other.
    >
    >except that you are full of shit and are lying.

    Nope. I guess you aren't a Marine. I can't count the number of times I
    heard "eat the apple, **** the Corps."

    I had a lot of good experiences with the Marines. Some were very good
    people. A lot of them were more like you - hairbags.

    The perfect fighting force exists only in your head. The people that
    are in now are just the same as I was. Young, dumb, and full of cum.
    That honor and duty bullshit that you force-feed them will change some
    of them. Most of them will hate it for a tour or two and leave as fast
    as they can. That's why your Fuhrer has a stop-loss program.

    Cetus, May 19, 2005
  14. "Cetus" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 May 2005 06:34:02 GMT, "Omega" <> spewed
    > forth thusly:

    [ SNIP ]
    > Nope. I guess you aren't a Marine. I can't count the number of times I
    > heard "eat the apple, **** the Corps."

    I don't know when you heard that, because not one single time from 1986 to
    1992 did I ever hear that uttered. And I had SNCO's that served in Vietnam,
    and they never said that. Come to think of it, what the hell does "eat the
    apple, **** the Corps" actually mean? Other than that, after you digest some
    fibre somebody will clean your clock.

    > I had a lot of good experiences with the Marines. Some were very good
    > people. A lot of them were more like you - hairbags.

    Can't speak for the other services. By the mid to late '80's, you had to be
    at least competent, physically fit and disciplined to be in the Corps.
    "Hairbags" got dealt with in various ways.

    > The perfect fighting force exists only in your head. The people that
    > are in now are just the same as I was. Young, dumb, and full of cum.

    Jesus, that leaves out the SNCO's and a lot of the senior officers. In fact,
    even a Marine corporal may have 5-6 years in.

    > That honor and duty bullshit that you force-feed them will change some
    > of them. Most of them will hate it for a tour or two and leave as fast
    > as they can. That's why your Fuhrer has a stop-loss program.

    It's an issue, sure. Quite a few folks discover that military life is not
    agreeable.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, May 19, 2005
  15. "Cetus" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:51:31 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    > <> spewed forth thusly:

    [ SNIP ]
    > >Jesus, man, you've been reading too many books from the '60's. As for the
    > >motto, you are so full of shit.

    > And, by the way, how would you expect me to cite my memories? What
    > kind of a dipshit are you? Oh, lemme guess. Ex-Marine.

    Former Marine. There are no ex-Marines.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, May 19, 2005
  16. Goth Loser

    Chris Hayes Guest

    Arved Sandstrom wrote:
    > "Cetus" <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 19 May 2005 06:34:02 GMT, "Omega" <>

    spewed
    > > forth thusly:
    > >

    > [ SNIP ]
    > > Nope. I guess you aren't a Marine. I can't count the number of

    times I
    > > heard "eat the apple, **** the Corps."

    > I don't know when you heard that, because not one single time from

    > 1992 did I ever hear that uttered. And I had SNCO's that served in

    Vietnam,
    > and they never said that. Come to think of it, what the hell does

    "eat the
    > apple, **** the Corps" actually mean? Other than that, after you

    digest some
    > fibre somebody will clean your clock.

    He's probably referring to this phrase:

    http://4mermarine.com/USMC/dictionary.html
    If he didn't like it, chances are he's heard it plenty of times.

    Chris Hayes, May 19, 2005
  17. "Chris Hayes" <> wrote in message

    [ SNIP ]
    > He's probably referring to this phrase:
    >
    > http://4mermarine.com/USMC/dictionary.html
    >

    > If he didn't like it, chances are he's heard it plenty of times.

    When I was in, the phrase was more like Jesus Motherf**king Christ or
    c**ksucker.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, May 19, 2005
  18. "Arved Sandstrom" <> wrote in message
    > "Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    > > I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    > > really suck that bad?

    > That's Vietnam era.

    That's when I first heard it

    > I've never heard the term used, starting about
    > mid-80's, not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    >
    > In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    > criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    > comprehensive.

    Now that they're getting desperate for 'a few good men' (again) I wonder, if
    and when the draft is reinstated, if the Corps will start taking conscripts
    again like they did during 'Nam.

    Jonque Publick, May 19, 2005
  19. Goth Loser

    Glenn Dowdy Guest

    > "Cetus" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:51:31 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    >> <> spewed forth thusly:

    > [ SNIP ]
    >> >Jesus, man, you've been reading too many books from the '60's. As for
    >> >the
    >> >motto, you are so full of shit.

    >> And, by the way, how would you expect me to cite my memories? What
    >> kind of a dipshit are you? Oh, lemme guess. Ex-Marine.

    > Former Marine. There are no ex-Marines.

    I thought that those with DDs or BCDs became ex-Marines, and hence this
    distinction between those who served honorably and those who didn't.

    Glenn D.

    Glenn Dowdy, May 19, 2005
  20. Goth Loser

    Jack Love Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 04:05:15 GMT, "Arved Sandstrom"
    <> wrote:

    >"Omega" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Arved Sandstrom" <> wrote in message
    >> : "Goth Loser" <> wrote in message
    >> : news:...
    >> : > I've seen this reference in numerous memoirs like "Jarhead". Does USMC
    >> : > really suck that bad?
    >> :
    >> : That's Vietnam era. I've never heard the term used, starting about
    >> mid-80's,
    >> : not referring to the Corps as a whole.
    >> :
    >> : In fact, by the mid-'80's, the USMC had pretty much gotten rid of the
    >> : criminals, pissant NCO's, and useless zeros. The cleanup was quite
    >> : comprehensive.
    >> :
    >> : AHS
    >>
    >> Same thing with the Army.

    >It occurred to me recently that every politician should serve at least 4
    >years in the military.
    >
    >> Now everyone has the bright idea that every criminal, high school drop out
    >> and uneducated illegal alien should be made to serve in the military. If

    >it
    >> is so good for the military then why not used these "outcasts" as police
    >> officers or is that too close to home???

    >It is an interesting concept. In fact, the last place you'd want the
    >druggies and illegals is in the military and police - Congress: not so much
    >of an issue...only a few of them are evidently useful.
    >
    >AHS

    The Russians used them in Penal battalions...not much training
    required for marching with linked arms across mine fields.

    Jack Love, May 19, 2005