Why do it take so long for reply messages to post?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gary J Bevans, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Gary J Bevans, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Gary J Bevans

    Scott Coutts Guest

    Hi Gary,

    I dont know if you're serious or not... if you are, then it seems like
    you dont have much experience with newsgroups. If not, then sorry everyone

    When you post, it gets sent from your computer to the server at your
    internet service provider. From there, it gets sent to another news
    server. From there, it goes on to another one. And so on... across the
    globe. This takes time. Also, people have to have a chance to get it,
    read it, and post back. Their posts have to travel the same route until
    it finally filters back to your news server where you can see it.

    Also, when you want to reply to someone's message, view their message
    and press the "reply" button in your newsreader rather than starting a
    new message and just typing "re" at the start of it. This way, all the
    messages will be sorted in order (your reply will be listed underneath
    the original poster's message.
    Scott Coutts, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Gary J Bevans

    Mark B. Guest

    "Gary J Bevans" <> wrote in message

    Depends on your internet service provider.

    Mark
    Mark B., Aug 16, 2003
  4. Or it could be sitting in your Outbox waiting to be sent?

    Juan

    Juan R. Pollo, Aug 16, 2003
  5. crappy cable data service? (not that SBC's DSL newsservers are
    anything special either)
    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com
    Jason O'Rourke, Aug 16, 2003
  6. Gary J Bevans

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Often takes 30 seconds to a minute before a reply I just entered shows up.

    This doesn't seem very long to me. How long does it take for YOUR messages to
    appear? It will vary depending on your ISP.
    Bill Hilton, Aug 16, 2003