    How do I know if I have a USB v2.0 or USB v1.1 type port, I have upgraded to
    service pack1 a while ago.
    Do I need an add on adapter?
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Jan 16, 2005

  2. USB 2.0 is a hardware upgrade not a software ubgrade. Look at the specs of
    your computer. It will tell you if you have USB 2.0.

    Also, what type of Modem/Router are you using? Most wireless gear needs to
    not only be configured to use the "Boosted" throughput, but also require the
    same name brand equipment.

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Thanks Robert

    I have checked my pc and I have no USB 2.0 Available,

    I had a message pop saying :

    There are no HI-SPEED USB HOST CONTROLLERS installed on this computer.

    You must add a HI-SPEED USB host controller to this computer to obtain
    maximum performance.

    Could you let me know what an Hi-Speed USB hos controller is please.

    Cheers
    Paul

    Also I have the make of Router has the USB.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Jan 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Dave Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Robert
    >
    > I have checked my pc and I have no USB 2.0 Available,
    >

    > I had a message pop saying :
    >
    > There are no HI-SPEED USB HOST CONTROLLERS installed on this computer.
    >
    > You must add a HI-SPEED USB host controller to this computer to obtain
    > maximum performance.
    >
    > Could you let me know what an Hi-Speed USB hos controller is please.

    about $12 plus shipping

    see: http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=520868
    Dave, Jan 16, 2005
  5. You can buy a USB 2.0 card and install it in your system easily from any
    computer store. Also you will not find a router that is USB, they are all
    ethernet. The USB is only for your wireless adapter you want to connect. Is
    your modem USB or Ethernet? USB modems are a bit trickier to set up for
    sharing internet connections.

    Robert...

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 16, 2005
  6. Ill ammend my No USB router by saying it might be possible to find a
    modem/router combo thats USB.

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 16, 2005