    --
    -Phil Marshall-
    {remove 9 for mail}
    Phil Marshall, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Phil Marshall

    HF Guest

    You have two folders with a different name and purpose. You have a Temp
    folder which is used by instal programs and by scanners etc.An instal will
    go into a temp folder and on reboot is installed from there. Whay is left is
    the files used. You should empty this folder now and again your Disk
    cleanup in System tools and read this website. www.computerhope.com HF
    The other one is what it says it is !!
    "Phil Marshall" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > I have Windows '98SE. I was looking around in C.drive, 'Windows' folder
    > and noticed that I have two subset folders- one labeled 'Temp' and the
    > other one labeled 'Temporary Internet Files.' Is that odd or what?
    > Looking inside the 'Temp' folder I see some bits & pieces from programs
    > long since uninstalled. Comments welcomed. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > -Phil Marshall-
    > {remove 9 for mail}

    ---
    HF, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Phil Marshall

    > Hi:
    >
    > I have Windows '98SE. I was looking around in C.drive, 'Windows' folder
    > and noticed that I have two subset folders- one labeled 'Temp' and the
    > other one labeled 'Temporary Internet Files.' Is that odd or what?
    > Looking inside the 'Temp' folder I see some bits & pieces from programs
    > long since uninstalled. Comments welcomed. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > -Phil Marshall-
    > {remove 9 for mail}

    ---
    HF, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Phil Marshall

    > Hi:
    >
    > I have Windows '98SE. I was looking around in C.drive, 'Windows' folder
    > and noticed that I have two subset folders- one labeled 'Temp' and the
    > other one labeled 'Temporary Internet Files.' Is that odd or what?
    > Looking inside the 'Temp' folder I see some bits & pieces from programs
    > long since uninstalled. Comments welcomed. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > -Phil Marshall-
    > {remove 9 for mail}

    ---
    HF, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Phil Marshall

    Global_Killa Guest

    > Hi:
    >
    > I have Windows '98SE. I was looking around in C.drive, 'Windows' folder
    > and noticed that I have two subset folders- one labeled 'Temp' and the
    > other one labeled 'Temporary Internet Files.' Is that odd or what?
    > Looking inside the 'Temp' folder I see some bits & pieces from programs
    > long since uninstalled. Comments welcomed. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > -Phil Marshall-
    > {remove 9 for mail}

    The folder called 'Temp' is used by setup programs, this is where the
    installation files are stored while in use. Most programs should delete
    these files after installation, or system reboot.
    Anyfiles that are left in there should be safe to delete. Goto disk cleanup,
    this will delete the files in this folder (Start -> Programs ->
    Accessories -> System Tools - > Disk Cleanup).

    The folder called 'Temporary Internet Files', is what it says, stores your
    Internet files. This helps your web browser to load often viewed websites
    faster. Things such as webpages, images, flash objects, etc. From a website
    will be saved in this folder. They are safe to delete, their only purpose is
    for faster browsing.
    To delete the files in this folder, you can either use disk cleanup, like
    before with the 'Temp' folder, or open your web browser and find the option
    for deleting these files.

    --
    Global_Killa
    Global_Killa, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Phil Marshall

    Plato Guest

    HF wrote:

    > You have two folders with a different name and purpose. You have a Temp
    > folder which is used by instal programs and by scanners etc.An instal will
    > go into a temp folder and on reboot is installed from there. Whay is left is

    It's also used by many apps and so forth.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 5, 2004