    problem with the PC connected to the router via an ethernet connection.

    If it helps, the router is setup as DHCP.

    Any helpful hints would be much appreciated!
    =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWRfQ29uc3VtZXI=?=, Nov 28, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWRfQ29uc3VtZXI=?=

    Malke Guest

    Confused_Consumer wrote:

    > I am running a wireless network using a Belkin HSM router. I have two
    > desktop computers each with Win XP PRO and a Link Station by Buffalo.
    > The
    > Link Station is hard wired to my router via ethernet. One of the PCs
    > is hard
    > wired to the router via ethernet. The other PC uses a wireless card.
    > The "wireless" PC uses the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility to
    > automatically establish a network connection at system startup.
    >
    > The "wireless" PC connects to the network at startup with a "very
    > good" signal strength; however, I have found that I always have to
    > "repair" the connection every time I start this PC before I can access
    > the internet or the
    > network. When I say that I have to "repair" the connection, I mean
    > that I right click on the "computer icon" in the taskbar and select
    > repair.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can remedy this problem? I do not experience
    > this problem with the PC connected to the router via an ethernet
    > connection.
    >
    > If it helps, the router is setup as DHCP.
    >
    > Any helpful hints would be much appreciated!

    What operating system is the "wireless" PC running? If it is XP, try
    letting Windows handle the wireless connection (instead of using the
    Belkin software) instead and see what happens. Or check on Belkin's
    site and see if there are any updates to their software.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Nov 28, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWRfQ29uc3VtZXI=?=

    Malke Guest

    Confused_Consumer wrote:

    > I am running a wireless network using a Belkin HSM router. I have two
    > desktop computers each with Win XP PRO and a Link Station by Buffalo.
    > The
    > Link Station is hard wired to my router via ethernet. One of the PCs
    > is hard
    > wired to the router via ethernet. The other PC uses a wireless card.
    > The "wireless" PC uses the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility to
    > automatically establish a network connection at system startup.
    >
    > The "wireless" PC connects to the network at startup with a "very
    > good" signal strength; however, I have found that I always have to
    > "repair" the connection every time I start this PC before I can access
    > the internet or the
    > network. When I say that I have to "repair" the connection, I mean
    > that I right click on the "computer icon" in the taskbar and select
    > repair.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can remedy this problem? I do not experience
    > this problem with the PC connected to the router via an ethernet
    > connection.
    >
    > If it helps, the router is setup as DHCP.
    >
    > Any helpful hints would be much appreciated!

    Sorry for the double post - I just took another sip of coffee and it
    cleared my mind ;-). I see you said both computers are running XP. It
    doesn't change my previous advice, though.

    Malke
    Malke, Nov 28, 2004