Why do home theaters go snap, crackle, pop?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by PapaBear, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. PapaBear

    PapaBear Guest

    I just installed a new UPS (485 VA capacity, much more than needed) on a
    grounded outlet circuit. My home theater, DVD player, TV, and other
    components are plugged into it, but the home theater still goes snap,
    crackle, pop occasionally. So presumably it's not caused by voltage spikes.
    What else?

    [somebody replied previously but it was lost in a reset of the news server I
    use, beyond my control]

    PapaBear, Nov 26, 2007

  2. On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:44:45 GMT, "PapaBear" <2x>
    wrote:

    >I just installed a new UPS (485 VA capacity, much more than needed) on a
    >grounded outlet circuit. My home theater, DVD player, TV, and other
    >components are plugged into it, but the home theater still goes snap,
    >crackle, pop occasionally. So presumably it's not caused by voltage spikes.
    >What else?
    >
    >[somebody replied previously but it was lost in a reset of the news server I
    >use, beyond my control]
    >
    >"PapaBear" <2x> wrote in message news:...
    >> I've tried a couple of home theaters to play my DVD movies, and both of
    >> them go snap, crackle, pop occasionally. This happens even if they are
    >> turned off or in standby mode, so long as they are still plugged in.
    >> There's some kind of static emitted from the speaker(s) at random times.
    >> With my first home theater (Coby DVD-755) it was extremely loud. With my
    >> current one (Durabrand HT-3917) it's usually not loud or disturbing, but
    >> still noticable. I'm talking like it happens maybe once every few hours,
    >> not as a regular thing, and the static/noise only lasts for a second or
    >> two. I've read about it and tried the suggestions, but it doesn't help -
    >> use a grounded outlet, and a different outlet/circuit for the home
    >> theater. Ideas?

    Look up the thread on Google then, dumb dumb.

    Mine doesn't go snap crackle and pop.

    Are you related to anyone in Battle Creek?

    Also, this is Usenet, not email, so don't top post, even if it is in
    response to your own message.
    ChairmanOfTheBored, Nov 26, 2007

  3. In message news:hyp2j.24548$, PapaBear
    sprach forth the following:

    > I just installed a new UPS (485 VA capacity, much more than needed) on
    > a grounded outlet circuit. My home theater, DVD player, TV, and other
    > components are plugged into it, but the home theater still goes snap,
    > crackle, pop occasionally. So presumably it's not caused by voltage
    > spikes. What else?
    >
    > [somebody replied previously but it was lost in a reset of the news
    > server I use, beyond my control]
    >
    > "PapaBear" <2x> wrote in message news:...
    >> I've tried a couple of home theaters to play my DVD movies, and both
    >> of them go snap, crackle, pop occasionally. This happens even if they
    >> are turned off or in standby mode, so long as they are still plugged
    >> in. There's some kind of static emitted from the speaker(s) at random
    >> times. With my first home theater (Coby DVD-755) it was extremely
    >> loud. With my current one (Durabrand HT-3917) it's usually not loud or
    >> disturbing, but still noticable. I'm talking like it happens maybe
    >> once every few hours, not as a regular thing, and the static/noise
    >> only lasts for a second or two. I've read about it and tried the
    >> suggestions, but it doesn't help - use a grounded outlet, and a
    >> different outlet/circuit for the home theater. Ideas?

    Try buying something that's not a piece of shit.
    Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute, Nov 26, 2007