    time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with my time
    before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    knowing it?

    don, Oct 28, 2007

  2. don

    meerkat Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message
    news:fg2tf4$5u3$...
    > Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is
    > exactly 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up
    > with my time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with
    > my time before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time
    > without me knowing it?

    Rt/click on your clock (bttm RT hand side of screen.)
    Adjust Date/Time, then you can update the time.

    meerkat, Oct 28, 2007

  3. don

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:03:33 -0500, don wrote:

    > Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is exactly
    > 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up with my
    > time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with my time
    > before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    > knowing it?

    You haven't updated it for the (new) Daylight Savings Time schedule.

    Dan C, Oct 28, 2007
  4. don

    DZN Guest

    I don't know but I'm guessing it has to do with day ligjht savings time
    ending later this year than prior years or your computer thinks you're in a
    dif erent country than the computer.

    DZN, Oct 28, 2007
  5. meerkat wrote:

    > "don" <> wrote:
    >> Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is
    >> exactly 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats
    >> up with my time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a
    >> problem with my time before. Could I have visited a website that
    >> changed my time without me knowing it?
    >>

    > Rt/click on your clock (bttm RT hand side of screen.)
    > Adjust Date/Time, then you can update the time.

    I don't see Don's post; is he in the U.S. ?

    Today was the traditional change from Daylight to Standard Time.
    However, the gubmint moved it to next Sunday, and his software doesn't
    know that. <lol>

    He will either have to manually adjust today, and again next Sunday, or
    be an hour off the whole week.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 28, 2007
  6. don

    Guest

    "don" <> wrote:

    >Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is exactly
    >1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up with my
    >time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with my time
    >before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    >knowing it?

    Download and run this update http://tinyurl.com/2zbmt6

    "Installing this update enables your computer to automatically adjust
    the computer clock on the correct date in 2007 due to revised Daylight
    Saving Time laws in many countries."

    longer:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0C-DF2D-400B-A8A9-EF9061A9A3CA&displaylang=en
    --

    Air Conditioner: ON/OFF
    http://tinyurl.com/2nk4tr

    , Oct 28, 2007
  7. don

    olfart Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message
    > Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is
    > exactly 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up
    > with my time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with
    > my time before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time
    > without me knowing it?

    you have the "loser virus"
    it will continue to lose a hour a day and each time it will wipe out 1GB of
    your HD
    The only cure is to hold your computer under water for 24 hrs.

    or Google for Daylight Saving Time 2007

    olfart, Oct 28, 2007
  8. "don" <> wrote in

    > Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600
    > laptop is exactly 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's
    > now 5 pm? Whats up with my time? I'm running Win XP
    > professional and never had a problem with my time before.
    > Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    > knowing it?

    No, you haven't been updating your Windows. Daylight Savings
    Time has moved, and you aren't running the patch that changes the
    date.

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    We learn from history that we do not learn anything from history.

    Christopher Jahn, Oct 29, 2007
  9. don

    Scott W Guest

    In article <fg2tf4$5u3$>, says...
    > Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is exactly
    > 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up with my
    > time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with my time
    > before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    > knowing it?

    Mine changed today too. The fall time change is different
    this year. It took an act of congress but they changed it.
    Why? I have no idea.
    --
    "USA is the most pathetic country in the world!"
    -- Gordon Ramsay (aka Iron Chef)

    Scott W, Oct 29, 2007
  10. don

    Scott W Guest

    In article <vn7Vi.31202$>,
    lid says...
    > meerkat wrote:
    >
    > > "don" <> wrote:
    > >> Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is
    > >> exactly 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats
    > >> up with my time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a
    > >> problem with my time before. Could I have visited a website that
    > >> changed my time without me knowing it?
    > >>

    > > Rt/click on your clock (bttm RT hand side of screen.)
    > > Adjust Date/Time, then you can update the time.

    > I don't see Don's post; is he in the U.S. ?
    >
    > Today was the traditional change from Daylight to Standard Time.
    > However, the gubmint moved it to next Sunday, and his software doesn't
    > know that. <lol>
    >
    > He will either have to manually adjust today, and again next Sunday, or
    > be an hour off the whole week.

    What you do is change the time back one hour ahead. Then
    you unclick AutoMatically Adjust for DST.

    Scott W, Oct 29, 2007
  11. don

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > "don" <> wrote in message
    > > Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is
    > > exactly 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up
    > > with my time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with
    > > my time before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time
    > > without me knowing it?
    > >

    > you have the "loser virus"
    > it will continue to lose a hour a day and each time it will wipe out 1GB of
    > your HD
    > The only cure is to hold your computer under water for 24 hrs.
    >
    > or Google for Daylight Saving Time 2007

    ROTFL!!!!!

    Scott W, Oct 29, 2007
  12. wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>>Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is exactly
    >>>1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up with my
    >>>time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with my time
    >>>before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    >>>knowing it?

    >>Download and run this update http://tinyurl.com/2zbmt6

    > Can't say that it works tho, I just noticed I went back an hour today,
    > I installed the update many months ago. :)

    Worked okay here. Didn't reset. Time still on target.

    > My icons were all messed up this morning when I first booted, took
    > sometime to put them in order; that's what the update did for me.

    I guess I disabled that part of it. ;)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 29, 2007
  13. don

    Guest

    wrote:

    >>Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is exactly
    >>1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up with my
    >>time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with my time
    >>before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    >>knowing it?

    >Download and run this update http://tinyurl.com/2zbmt6

    Can't say that it works tho, I just noticed I went back an hour today,
    I installed the update many months ago. :)

    My icons were all messed up this morning when I first booted, took
    sometime to put them in order; that's what the update did for me.
    --

    Air Conditioner: ON/OFF
    http://tinyurl.com/2nk4tr

    , Oct 29, 2007
  14. don

    Guest

    Christopher Jahn <> wrote:

    >"don" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600
    >> laptop is exactly 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's
    >> now 5 pm? Whats up with my time? I'm running Win XP
    >> professional and never had a problem with my time before.
    >> Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    >> knowing it?

    >No, you haven't been updating your Windows. Daylight Savings
    >Time has moved, and you aren't running the patch that changes the
    >date.

    As did yourself, your off by an hour :))
    --

    Air Conditioner: ON/OFF
    http://tinyurl.com/2nk4tr

    , Oct 29, 2007
  15. don

    VanguardLH Guest

    "don" wrote in message news:fg2tf4$5u3$...
    > Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is
    > exactly 1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats
    > up with my time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a
    > problem with my time before. Could I have visited a website that
    > changed my time without me knowing it?

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388/en-us

    So it is about time you visit the Windows Update site and get them.

    VanguardLH, Oct 29, 2007
  16. don

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > wrote:

    >>>Download and run this update http://tinyurl.com/2zbmt6

    >> Can't say that it works tho, I just noticed I went back an hour today,
    >> I installed the update many months ago. :)

    >Worked okay here. Didn't reset. Time still on target.

    Mine didn't, I downloaded the update and installed it again, now
    things seem right (post were coming 2 hours behind my time).

    FWIW I did run a repair install on this OS, it could of disabled the
    update.

    >> My icons were all messed up this morning when I first booted, took
    >> sometime to put them in order; that's what the update did for me.

    >I guess I disabled that part of it. ;)

    :)

    --

    Air Conditioner: ON/OFF
    http://tinyurl.com/2nk4tr

    , Oct 29, 2007
  17. don

    Hammerer Guest

    Really? 1 hour behind? ****? Shit happens?

    > IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm?

    5 pm? What? That's, like, time travel?

    > Whats up with my time?

    It's an hour out? Yes? An hour?

    > Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    > knowing it?

    You've cracked it. Someone - the scum - has hacked into your computer
    and changed the time. To make it wrong by an hour! Yes! You need to
    uninstall Windows, or something. Then re-install, probably, and never
    venture onto the internet again. Better safe than sorry.

    Hammerer, Oct 29, 2007
  18. don

    Tester Guest

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:03:33 -0500, "don" <> wrote:

    >Today I noticed that my PC clock on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is exactly
    >1 hour behind ? IT says 4 pm but I know it's now 5 pm? Whats up with my
    >time? I'm running Win XP professional and never had a problem with my time
    >before. Could I have visited a website that changed my time without me
    >knowing it?

    Since you are near NYC, the most likely problem is that you did not
    download the time zone patch when Congress changed the dates for
    Daylight Savings Time. Your computer "thinks" that DST ended the last
    Sunday in October just like last year so it put your time back a week
    too early.

    Try downloading and running
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...d-1777e6661c9c/WindowsXP-KB933360-x86-ENU.exe

    Reset your time to the right time and your clock will go back next
    Sunday which is correct.

    Here is the info on this file:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933360

    August 2007 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows

    Tester, Oct 29, 2007
  19. wrote:

    > Mine didn't, I downloaded the update and installed it again, now
    > things seem right (post were coming 2 hours behind my time).
    >
    > FWIW I did run a repair install on this OS, it could of disabled the
    > update.

    Sure. A repair install replaces all updates since then, with the original
    files. You will have to redownload all updates again.
    Now, the automatic updates may not even work unless you do as described in

    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;555615&x=13&y=13

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 29, 2007
  20. don

    Guest

    wisdomkiller & pain <> wrote:

    >> FWIW I did run a repair install on this OS, it could of disabled the
    >> update.

    >Sure. A repair install replaces all updates since then, with the original
    >files. You will have to redownload all updates again.
    >Now, the automatic updates may not even work unless you do as described in

    >http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;555615&x=13&y=13

    Thanks, but I don't do the auto update thing, just download the ones I
    need. or important enough to grab.

    I've got a list (directories) of the updates I have installed in the
    windows dir (as they normally do). Guess I'm going to re download em
    :)

    --

    12 Products From Hell
    http://www.themishmash.com/2007/10/1-pork-brains-w.html