    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292539

    And its the Same with ME I found out the other day, the loader on ME was to
    old.

    Tick Tock, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Tick Tock

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Seems that other firms can produce a complete installer programs but not MS,
    > you need to dnload the the Driver for it..

    The idea is you don't need to ship a complete installation program with
    each download, thus the download can be smaller.

    Mainlander, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Suddenly, Mainlander sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > >

    > > Seems that other firms can produce a complete installer programs but not MS,
    > > you need to dnload the the Driver for it..

    > The idea is you don't need to ship a complete installation program with
    > each download, thus the download can be smaller.

    But, Wise Installer only adds around 350kB to a package (I tested it).
    This is negligible compared to the size of most programs.

    If you want really lite, the Nullsoft SuperPiMP installer is extremely
    small... 20-40kB

    MSI is around 3MB in comparison... no bloat here officer... yes I know
    it has thousands of whizzy features... still causes just as many
    problems in my experience...
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Tick Tock

    Steven H Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 20:01:28 +1200, Aaron Lawrence wrote:

    > Suddenly, Mainlander sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>>

    >>> Seems that other firms can produce a complete installer programs but not MS,
    >>> you need to dnload the the Driver for it..

    >> The idea is you don't need to ship a complete installation program with
    >> each download, thus the download can be smaller.

    > But, Wise Installer only adds around 350kB to a package (I tested it).
    > This is negligible compared to the size of most programs.
    >
    > If you want really lite, the Nullsoft SuperPiMP installer is extremely
    > small... 20-40kB
    >
    > MSI is around 3MB in comparison... no bloat here officer... yes I know
    > it has thousands of whizzy features... still causes just as many
    > problems in my experience...

    hmmm really - well in MY experience your an idiot

    Steven H - B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand
    ..net Geek

    Steven H, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Tick Tock

    Ray Colvill Guest

    http://www.arcanadev.com/install/msi.htm

    solved my problem fine.

    There is a solution!"

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    "Steven H" < - wont work anyway ;)> wrote in
    message news:eek:...

    Ray Colvill, Mar 7, 2004