    Thanks in advance

    ~~ Annie ~~

    , Sep 18, 2007

  2. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I enjoy messing around with computer graphics to some degree and like
    > many of the sites for their cool animations and stuff like that.
    >
    > The problem is, often when you use one of their generators etc... to
    > make a graphic, they don't give you an option for saving it as a
    > FILE. They instead will provide you with a CODE to be used with
    > MySpace... etc.
    >
    > What is the reason for this? Can't people upload an actual file to
    > their website or MySpace profile instead of all these codes?
    >
    > Do you really need CODES to put graphics on web pages? Why not just
    > put the actual file itself there where you can have more control over
    > it or even send it in an email as an attachment if you so choose?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > ~~ Annie ~~

    I think you mean embedding. Uploading a file to such as MySpace
    would consume space - capacity is at a premium, but "embedding
    a link" takes no discernable web space, apart from the site that has
    the original.
    The type of animation/clips etc that you are talking about can be
    "grabbed" from their original sites such as YouTube, but they make
    it a tricky and non too easy process simply because they want you
    to visit their sites and see the advertisng.

    If there is a clip that you specifically want to be able to download,
    supply details and you will get all the info you need to "grab" and
    download such clips.

    ded, Sep 18, 2007