    actually i want to know why do we call a cisco 2950 switch as catalyst
    switch.
    why we use the word ( catalyst ).
    mohitbakre, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Walter Roberson, Dec 8, 2006

  3. mohitbakre

    brink Guest

    Walter Roberson schreef:

    > In article <>,
    > mohitbakre <> wrote:
    > >hi ,
    > >actually i want to know why do we call a cisco 2950 switch as catalyst
    > >switch.
    > >why we use the word ( catalyst ).

    > http://groups.google.ca/group/comp....read/thread/664f0083eaf22b9a/4f95e0dad2b5e3e2

    While hesitating to disagree with Brad Reese, the name originated with
    Crescendo which
    Cisco acquired in '93, see

    http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/1994/prod_022894.html

    The first Cisco Catalyst was the 1200, which even did (limited) L3.
    brink, Dec 9, 2006
  4. Excellent Brink, stand corrected.

    In 2006, the Cisco Catalyst Switch reached a milestone with cumulative
    sales totaling $20 Billion.

    Once more Brink, thank you for the correction.

    Sincerely and gratefully yours,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    www.BradReese.Com, Dec 10, 2006