    moviemaker, msn gaming? They use a lot of resources, and I never have and
    never will use them.

    Any way to remove them permanently?

    Christie, Oct 4, 2008

  2. Christie

    Paul Guest

    Christie wrote:
    > Why can't one remove some programs in windows, such as netmeeting,
    > moviemaker, msn gaming? They use a lot of resources, and I never have and
    > never will use them.
    >
    > Any way to remove them permanently?

    The OS is modular, and this outfit has a product where you
    use tickboxes to set what parts to install or not. It is
    still tricky of course, but does suggest a lot of cruft
    could be removed, if you knew how.

    http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 4, 2008

  3. Christie

    Christie Guest

    Thanks.

    I have since figured out how, and deleted Moviemaker, MSN games and Net
    meeting. This can only be done in Safe Mode and by knowing other
    particulars to achieve it.

    Christie, Oct 5, 2008
  4. "Christie" <> wrote in message
    > Why can't one remove some programs in windows, such as netmeeting,
    > moviemaker, msn gaming? They use a lot of resources, and I never have
    > and never will use them.
    >
    > Any way to remove them permanently?

    They don't use any resources if they are not running. They take a small
    amount of space, but they do not use any resources.

    You can go to Start>Settings>Control Panel and select Add or Remove
    Programs, and remove some of them.

    Jeff Strickland, Oct 5, 2008
  5. Christie

    Christie Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    > They don't use any resources if they are not running. They take a small
    > amount of space, but they do not use any resources.
    >
    > You can go to Start>Settings>Control Panel and select Add or Remove
    > Programs, and remove some of them.

    They do use up space on your computer, removing Moviemaker, Netmeeting and
    MSN games freed up quite a bit. Why keep them if you aren't using them.
    And no, these three programs did not show up in Add/Remove, nor would they
    let you delete them. You delete them, and within a minute they would
    reappear. You have to go into Safe Mode and put in a special string of text
    in RUN in order to remove them completely from your computer.

    Christie, Oct 6, 2008
  6. "Christie" <> wrote in message
    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >> They don't use any resources if they are not running. They take a small
    >> amount of space, but they do not use any resources.
    >>
    >> You can go to Start>Settings>Control Panel and select Add or Remove
    >> Programs, and remove some of them.

    > They do use up space on your computer, removing Moviemaker, Netmeeting and
    > MSN games freed up quite a bit. Why keep them if you aren't using them.
    > And no, these three programs did not show up in Add/Remove, nor would they
    > let you delete them. You delete them, and within a minute they would
    > reappear. You have to go into Safe Mode and put in a special string of
    > text in RUN in order to remove them completely from your computer.

    NetMeeting takes 3M on my PC. Hardly an issue for space. It takes NO memory
    if it is not running, therefore no resources. It takes space, but no
    resources.

    Robbing resources is a program that takes memory.

    Jeff Strickland, Oct 6, 2008
  7. Christie

    Christie Guest

    so what's your point? I can't remove it because it's not worth it to you?

    Christie, Oct 7, 2008