Why cant TB1.5 download a message a second time?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by norm, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. norm

    norm Guest

    Download a message but left it on server.

    Deleted from inbox.

    Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.

    Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.

    Why?

    Thanks
    norm
     
    norm, Jan 14, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. norm wrote:

    >Download a message but left it on server.
    >
    >Deleted from inbox.
    >
    >Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.
    >
    >Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.
    >
    >Why?
    >
    >Thanks
    >norm
    >
    >

    POP or IMAP server?
    Is Thunderbird set to leave messages on server?
     
    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 14, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. norm

    norm Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:26:48 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    <> wrote:

    >norm wrote:
    >
    >>Download a message but left it on server.
    >>
    >>Deleted from inbox.
    >>
    >>Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.
    >>
    >>Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.
    >>
    >>Why?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>norm
    >>
    >>

    >POP or IMAP server?
    >Is Thunderbird set to leave messages on server?


    Pop +is set to leave message on server; the message is still there as
    confirmed by Pegasus.
    All very strange!
    Norm
     
    norm, Jan 14, 2006
    #3
  4. norm wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:26:48 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> norm wrote:
    >>
    >>> Download a message but left it on server.
    >>>
    >>> Deleted from inbox.
    >>>
    >>> Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.
    >>>
    >>> Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.
    >>>
    >>> Why?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> norm
    >>>
    >>>

    >> POP or IMAP server?
    >> Is Thunderbird set to leave messages on server?

    >
    > Pop +is set to leave message on server; the message is still there as
    > confirmed by Pegasus.
    > All very strange!
    > Norm


    No it isn't. If you have set TB to leave messages on the server and TB
    has downloaded a copy, TB will ignore it for future downloads. If it did
    not, you would multiple copies of every message.

    If your ISP has a web interface for mail, go to it and try marking the
    mail as unread. See if TB will download them then.

    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 15, 2006
    #4
  5. norm

    norm Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 05:06:44 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >norm wrote:
    >> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:26:48 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> norm wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Download a message but left it on server.
    >>>>
    >>>> Deleted from inbox.
    >>>>
    >>>> Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.
    >>>>
    >>>> Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.
    >>>>
    >>>> Why?
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks
    >>>> norm
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> POP or IMAP server?
    >>> Is Thunderbird set to leave messages on server?

    >>
    >> Pop +is set to leave message on server; the message is still there as
    >> confirmed by Pegasus.
    >> All very strange!
    >> Norm

    >
    >No it isn't. If you have set TB to leave messages on the server and TB
    >has downloaded a copy, TB will ignore it for future downloads. If it did
    >not, you would multiple copies of every message.


    Not so, am only downloading messages of approved headers. Also leave
    some on server for backup. Basically TB is not doing what I ask it
    to,Pegasus mail is better here!!!


    >If your ISP has a web interface for mail, go to it and try marking the
    >mail as unread. See if TB will download them then.
    >
    >Lee
     
    norm, Jan 15, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Hendrik Maryns
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    830
    Hendrik Maryns
    Jan 19, 2006
  2. Ragz

    why cant i download from sites

    Ragz, May 29, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    2,381
    Barney
    May 30, 2005
  3. unclejesse01

    man i cant belive i cant get help please

    unclejesse01, Apr 9, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    410
    Bill Vermillion
    Apr 14, 2005
  4. Jeff Strickland

    Why don't links open from an email message or a news group message?

    Jeff Strickland, Apr 9, 2008, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    1,022
    Jeff Strickland
    Apr 10, 2008
  5. warpig23
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    531
    warpig23
    Apr 10, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page