Why can't I hear sound

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Alvaro G. Vicario, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. *** "Holodoc" <> escribió/wrote (22 ene 2004):
    > Why can it be that I don't here sound-file from a web-site.
    > I have build my own web-site, which plays a sound when it's opened but
    > Mozilla doesn't play it?

    The most common cause is that the site uses Internet Explorer propietary
    tags to do it.

    --
    -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain - ICQ 46788716
    +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor para mayores de 100 años)

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Alvaro G. Vicario

    Holodoc Guest

    Why can it be that I don't here sound-file from a web-site.
    I have build my own web-site, which plays a sound when it's opened but
    Mozilla doesn't play it?

    Holodoc

    Holodoc, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:
    > *** "Holodoc" <> escribió/wrote (22 ene 2004):
    >
    >>Why can it be that I don't here sound-file from a web-site.
    >>I have build my own web-site, which plays a sound when it's opened but
    >>Mozilla doesn't play it?

    > The most common cause is that the site uses Internet Explorer propietary
    > tags to do it.

    Yes indeed. If your web site uses bgsound tags
    to play the music, only IE will recognize it.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:
    >
    >> *** "Holodoc" <> escribió/wrote (22 ene 2004):
    >>
    >>> Why can it be that I don't here sound-file from a web-site.
    >>> I have build my own web-site, which plays a sound when it's opened but
    >>> Mozilla doesn't play it?

    >> The most common cause is that the site uses Internet Explorer
    >> propietary tags to do it.
    >>

    > Yes indeed. If your web site uses bgsound tags
    > to play the music, only IE will recognize it.
    >
    > Lee

    Give us a url so we can check the problem, and give exact advice.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Alvaro G. Vicario

    Holodoc Guest

    Lee,
    This happens on all web-sites, where wav-files are in the HTML-code
    programmed, wav-file will play if they are selectable by dubb-click also
    Flash-sounds are working fine.

    Holodoc

    Holodoc, Jan 23, 2004
  6. Holodoc wrote:

    > Lee,
    > This happens on all web-sites, where wav-files are in the HTML-code
    > programmed, wav-file will play if they are selectable by dubb-click also
    > Flash-sounds are working fine.
    >
    > Holodoc
    >
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> schreef in bericht

    >>>Yes indeed. If your web site uses bgsound tags
    >>>to play the music, only IE will recognize it.
    >>>
    >>>Lee

    >>Give us a url so we can check the problem, and give exact advice.
    >>
    >>Lee

    I'm having no problems hearing sound on any web site I visit, can you
    give oa couple of examples, just so I can see if I have the problem you
    have?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 23, 2004
  7. Alvaro G. Vicario

    Alan P Guest

    I use Mozilla, and I get no problems with any sounds!

    My site with much background music: http://alancode.net

    Alan P, Jan 23, 2004
  8. Alan P wrote:

    > I use Mozilla, and I get no problems with any sounds!
    >
    > My site with much background music: http://alancode.net
    >
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Holodoc wrote:
    >>

    >>>Lee,
    >>>This happens on all web-sites, where wav-files are in the HTML-code
    >>>programmed, wav-file will play if they are selectable by dubb-click also
    >>>Flash-sounds are working fine.
    >>>
    >>>Holodoc
    >>>
    >>>"Leonidas Jones" <> schreef in bericht

    > but

    >>I'm having no problems hearing sound on any web site I visit, can you
    >>give oa couple of examples, just so I can see if I have the problem you
    >>have?
    >>
    >>Lee

    I love the Enigma Variations! Not quite so sure about this version
    though! ;)

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 23, 2004