    settings changes.

    Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

    Colin
    Colin, Jun 14, 2005

  2. RE: Why can't I get WPA to work with linkysy router and linksys/WinXP

    what about the client?
    is it 802.11a/b/g?
    is the linksys router? It probably is

    Are there any known incompatabilities with the router and the w/nic? Maybe
    try and look for that at the linksys webpage?
    can either switch between a/b mode manually and have not been set the same?

    Cheers

    =?Utf-8?B?V2hpdGVjcmFuZQ==?=, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Colin

    Colin Guest

    Re: Why can't I get WPA to work with linkysy router and linksys/WinXP

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:22:02 -0700, "Whitecrane"
    <> wrote:

    >what about the client?
    >is it 802.11a/b/g?

    802.11b

    >is the linksys router? It probably is

    Yep 802.11b

    >Are there any known incompatabilities with the router and the w/nic? Maybe
    >try and look for that at the linksys webpage?

    I've looked there (even ran "netcheck" under WEP with no errors which is expect
    if you can connect) and goole/MS etc - all the indications are that this is easy
    - password on the router and passwor don the client - but its not working. I've
    reverted to WEP.

    >can either switch between a/b mode manually and have not been set the same?

    No, its b always

    I think this has something to do with the 802.1x certifcate business but can't
    figure that out yet.

    >Cheers

    Thanks for the interest
    Colin