    wireless.

    Tx

    Rob
    RobFJ, Feb 3, 2010

  2. Hi
    Might be a good idea to give some details about the Hardware/software
    involved.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Feb 3, 2010

  3. RobFJ

    RobFJ Guest

    Hope the following helps :

    The laptop is a toshiba portege R600 running windows 7 business. I'm using
    its internal wireless function.

    It's connected to a network of three other pc's and the NAS via a 3-com WAP
    to a 3-com router. All other parts of the network are wired.

    The NAS is a QNAP Pro 350 and is also hard wired to the router

    All pc's and the NAS are in the same workgroup.

    All users and their access seem correctly configured on the NAS.

    There is no problem accessing the NAS from any pc (including the portege if
    I use a network cable).

    The portege can access the other pc's and the internet using wireless.

    The portege can't access the NAS using wireless.

    RobFJ, Feb 3, 2010
  4. Hi
    Is it an independent AP connect to a Router? Make sure that the IPs are on
    the same subnet.
    I.e., the AP should be transparent with a core IP configured to the same
    subnet as the Router.
    If there is DHCP on the AP it should be Off, and the Wireless should get its
    IP from the Router's DHCP.
    When you try again the Wireless try also to disable the Wired NIC.

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Feb 3, 2010
  5. RobFJ

    smlunatick Guest

    On Feb 3, 6:36 pm, "RobFJ"
    <**delete_asterisks****> wrote:
    > Hope the following helps :
    >
    > The laptop is a toshiba portege R600 running windows 7 business. I'm using
    > its internal wireless function.
    >
    > It's connected to a network of three other pc's and the NAS via a 3-com WAP
    > to a 3-com router. All other parts of the network are wired.
    >
    > The NAS is a QNAP Pro 350 and is also hard wired to the router
    >
    > All pc's and the NAS are in the same workgroup.
    >
    > All users and their access seem correctly configured on the NAS.
    >
    > There is no problem accessing the NAS from any pc (including the portege if
    > I use a network cable).
    >
    > The portege can access the other pc's and the internet using wireless.
    >
    > The portege can't access the NAS using wireless.
    >
    > "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi
    > > Might be a good idea to give some details about the Hardware/software
    > > involved.
    > > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    > > "RobFJ" <**delete_asterisks****> wrote in message
    > >> I've got a laptop running windows 7.

    > >> If I use a network cable I can access the drives and data on the NAS as
    > >> I'd expect (it's set up as a small workgroup).

    > >> If I connect just via wireless then, in explorer, the NAS shows up as
    > >> 'Other Device' in the network and, clicking on its icon I'm taken to its
    > >> webpage.

    > >> Can SKS tell me what I might need to do to be able to access the NAS via
    > >> wireless.

    > >> Tx

    > >> Rob

    Please note that a lot of "newer" wireless "router" can have a special
    setting that "isolates" the wireless network from the wired networks.
    This is sometimes known as "Wireless partition..."
    smlunatick, Feb 4, 2010