    What can they possibly have in it that makes in non-operable with Firefox ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Robert11

    samuel Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hello:
    >
    > Have a question re Trend Micro PC-Cillin virus protection
    > software.
    >
    > They say on their site that it does not work with the Firefox
    > browser.
    >
    > An e-mail to them confirmed this, but the person who wrote me
    > back the reply couldn't explain anything regarding why it was
    > so; pretty much of a canned response.
    >
    > Really confused over how, and why, it can possibly be Browser
    > dependent ? As long as one is running Windows XP, shouldn't
    > that be sufficient ?
    >
    > What can they possibly have in it that makes in non-operable
    > with Firefox ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    windows is an os
    a browser is what views the web pages
    some pages are not viewable/usable with certain sites
    they designed their web site to only work with certain browsers
    samuel, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Robert11

    James Mourby Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Have a question re Trend Micro PC-Cillin virus protection software.
    >
    > They say on their site that it does not work with the Firefox browser.
    >
    > An e-mail to them confirmed this, but the person who wrote me back the
    > reply
    > couldn't explain anything regarding why it was so; pretty much of a canned
    > response.
    >
    > Really confused over how, and why, it can possibly be Browser dependent ?
    > As long as one is running Windows XP, shouldn't that be sufficient ?
    >
    > What can they possibly have in it that makes in non-operable with Firefox
    > ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    In the same way that web pages made for I.E. don't show correctly in
    netscape, and vice versa. The same way that you cannot currently use
    anything other than IE to use windowsupdate.com and the same way that up
    until recently, you couldnt use anything else than IE to collect your
    hotmail.

    It's made to use certain features of one browser that others dont have or
    dont emulate quite so well. It's their choise.
    James Mourby, Jan 8, 2005