    B&H:
    Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

    -Mark²
    Mark², May 12, 2006

  2. Mark²

    Dave Guest

    Amazon.com is quick too. Prices are real close to B&H. And Amazon always
    ships free on orders of $25.00 or more.

    Dave, May 12, 2006

  3. Mark²

    ½ Confused Guest

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700
    In message <_oR8g.19011$Qz.16779@fed1read11>
    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > Saturday night, 11:30PM:
    > --Internet order placed
    > Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
    > --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
    > Wednesday morning:
    > --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
    >
    > Last night:
    > --Similar late-night order
    > --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds, conversation:
    > less than 45 seconds)
    > --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival tomorrow AM.
    >
    > B&H:
    > Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

    My B&H experiences have been similar.

    Cough it up... what new toys? ;-)

    Jeff
    ½ Confused, May 12, 2006
  4. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    ½ Confused wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700
    > In message <_oR8g.19011$Qz.16779@fed1read11>
    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >> Saturday night, 11:30PM:
    >> --Internet order placed
    >> Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
    >> --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
    >> Wednesday morning:
    >> --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
    >>
    >> Last night:
    >> --Similar late-night order
    >> --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds,
    >> conversation: less than 45 seconds)
    >> --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival
    >> tomorrow AM.
    >>
    >> B&H:
    >> Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

    > My B&H experiences have been similar.
    >
    > Cough it up... what new toys? ;-)

    Nothing TOO exciting... (No 5D)

    LowePro Rolling Computrekker Plus (laptop and camera gear backpack)
    4GB CF card (SanDisk ExIII)
    Cardbus PCMCIA CF reader.

    Might return the backpack...too big for carry-on...and get the non-plus
    version.
    (Ordered it last night).

    I'm going to Ukraine, and need an all-in-one carry-on.
    :)
    -Mark²
    Mark², May 12, 2006
  5. Mark²

    ½ Confused Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > > Cough it up... what new toys? ;-)

    > Nothing TOO exciting... (No 5D)
    > I'm going to Ukraine <SNIP>

    Thanks... rub it in... heh.

    I may need a 1DsM2 or larger format, don't know yet... let me know if
    you decide on a 5D (w/focus screen and battery grip).

    Jeff
    ½ Confused, May 12, 2006
  6. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    ½ Confused wrote:
    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >>> Cough it up... what new toys? ;-)

    >> Nothing TOO exciting... (No 5D)
    >> I'm going to Ukraine <SNIP>

    > Thanks... rub it in... heh.
    >
    > I may need a 1DsM2 or larger format, don't know yet... let me know if
    > you decide on a 5D (w/focus screen and battery grip).
    >
    > Jeff

    You mean you're selling your 5D?
    -Make me an offer I can't refuse (sans the horse head, please...)
    :)
    Mark²
    Mark², May 12, 2006
  7. Mark²

    Pete D Guest

    >½ Confused wrote:
    >> On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700
    >> In message <_oR8g.19011$Qz.16779@fed1read11>
    >> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Saturday night, 11:30PM:
    >>> --Internet order placed
    >>> Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
    >>> --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
    >>> Wednesday morning:
    >>> --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
    >>>
    >>> Last night:
    >>> --Similar late-night order
    >>> --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds,
    >>> conversation: less than 45 seconds)
    >>> --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival
    >>> tomorrow AM.
    >>>
    >>> B&H:
    >>> Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

    >> My B&H experiences have been similar.
    >>
    >> Cough it up... what new toys? ;-)

    > Nothing TOO exciting... (No 5D)
    >
    > LowePro Rolling Computrekker Plus (laptop and camera gear backpack)
    > 4GB CF card (SanDisk ExIII)
    > Cardbus PCMCIA CF reader.
    >
    > Might return the backpack...too big for carry-on...and get the non-plus
    > version.
    > (Ordered it last night).
    >
    > I'm going to Ukraine, and need an all-in-one carry-on.
    > :)
    > -Mark²

    Have you looked at the Kata R-103 or is that too small?\

    Pete D
    Pete D, May 12, 2006
  8. Mark²

    Cynicor Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > Saturday night, 11:30PM:
    > --Internet order placed
    > Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
    > --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
    > Wednesday morning:
    > --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
    >
    > Last night:
    > --Similar late-night order
    > --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds, conversation:
    > less than 45 seconds)
    > --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival tomorrow AM.
    >
    > B&H:
    > Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

    I live close enough that I get things from them overnight when I pay for
    the standard shipping. I got mail from them yesterday that the stuff I
    needed was now in stock, and voila! It actually was.

    If anyone needs the Nikon EN-EL3e battery, B&H has it in stock, by the way.
    Cynicor, May 12, 2006
  9. Dave <> wrote:
    > Amazon.com is quick too. Prices are real close to B&H. And Amazon always
    > ships free on orders of $25.00 or more.

    No, not always free over $25. Only if they don't sell via a tranparent
    reseller. Check the small print. Often Adorama is the reseller they use for
    example. Higher volume equipment they tend to sell directly (i.e. Nikkor
    18-200D VR-II AF-S lens).
    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, May 12, 2006
  10. Mark²

    henryp Guest

    Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
    > B&H:
    > Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

    Thank you. Much appreciated.

    Henry Posner
    B&H Photo-Video, Inc.
    henryp, May 12, 2006
  11. Mark²

    Annika1980 Guest

    I'm going to Ukraine, and need an all-in-one carry-on.
    :)
    -Mark²
    ================

    How long will you be gone? You should rent a 1DMKIIs for the trip.
    If I had one I'd loan it to ya.
    Annika1980, May 12, 2006
  12. Cynicor <> wrote let it be known
    in news::

    > I live close enough that I get things from them overnight
    > when I pay for the standard shipping. I got mail from them
    > yesterday that the stuff I needed was now in stock, and
    > voila! It actually was.
    >
    > If anyone needs the Nikon EN-EL3e battery, B&H has it in
    > stock, by the way.

    Yup, its rarely worth paying for faster shipping with B&H if you
    live in the N.E. I live in VT and usually get things in 2 days,
    even though I pay for standard UPS shipping.

    I got the same notification that the EN-EL3e battery was in and
    ordered it standard shipping (along with some ink for my Epson
    R2400) and won't be surprised if it is on my doorstep Monday
    morning. (PS, that's another great thing about living in
    Vermont... UPS can leave ANYTHING at my door without a signature
    and I have no worries that it will go 'missing' before I get
    home from work)

    Newegg.com shipping is ALMOST as fast if they ship from a N.E.
    warehouse, but it sometimes take them a few days to process the
    order and get it out the door! The last order I placed with them
    took 24 hours to 'process', then another 36 hours before I got
    the shipping notification email and tracking number. :(
    Curt Bousquet, May 12, 2006
  13. On Fri, 12 May 2006 05:54:36 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    <> wrote:

    >If anyone needs the Nikon EN-EL3e battery, B&H has it in stock, by the way.

    Got the same notification and bought one plus the Tokina TO122440CAF
    12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124AF Pro DX Lens. I can't justify paying twice the price
    to get the AF-S Nikkor version.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 12, 2006
  14. Mark²

    dwight Guest

    "henryp" <> wrote in message

    > Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
    > > B&H:
    > > Solid as a rock...every...single...time.

    > Thank you. Much appreciated.
    >
    > Henry Posner
    > B&H Photo-Video, Inc.

    Thank YOU. I agonize over every purchase, but when I'm ready to order, I
    become one of the instant-gratification types.

    Two lenses ordered, two lenses in my hand the next business day
    (Philadelphia area).

    One thing I can't stand is "waiting by the mailbox."

    dwight
    dwight, May 13, 2006
  15. Mark²

    pltrgyst Guest

    On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
    here)@cox..net> wrote:

    So you contend that there are no negative even numbers? And that zero is not
    even?

    -- Larry
    pltrgyst, May 13, 2006
  16. Mark²

    2 Guest

    "pltrgyst" <> wrote:

    > So you contend that there are no negative even numbers? And that zero is
    > not
    > even?

    If you think an even number is one that is divisible by two, then 2/0 simply
    isn't permitted because the operation does not exist in the field axioms.
    Division by zero does not return a number.

    10/2 = 5
    5*2 = 10

    10/0=x
    x*0=?

    Indeterminates, see?

    "Black Holes are where God divided by Zero" - Steven Wright
    2, May 13, 2006
  17. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

    > Got the same notification and bought one plus the Tokina TO122440CAF
    > 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124AF Pro DX Lens. I can't justify paying twice the
    > price to get the AF-S Nikkor version.

    How do you like the Tokina?

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, May 13, 2006
  18. On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    >Saturday night, 11:30PM:
    > --Internet order placed
    >Sunday Morning, 10:30AM:
    > --E-mail indicating all items SHIPPED, with tracking number.
    >Wednesday morning:
    > --At my doorstep, perfectly packed...rebate forms included.
    >
    >Last night:
    > --Similar late-night order
    > --Checked status from work this AM (on hold 30 seconds, conversation:
    >less than 45 seconds)
    > --Already shipped, Fed-Ex over-night w/tracking, arrival tomorrow AM.
    >
    >B&H:
    >Solid as a rock...every...single...time.
    >
    >-Mark²

    I had a similar experience when I ordered my 5D.

    They are a class act!

    --

    Scott in Florida
    Scott in Florida, May 13, 2006
  19. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > I'm going to Ukraine, and need an all-in-one carry-on.
    > :)
    > -Mark²
    > ================
    >
    > How long will you be gone? You should rent a 1DMKIIs for the trip.
    > If I had one I'd loan it to ya.

    If I was able to spend most of my time shooting images while there, I might
    do that...or buy the 5D. There are a lot of amazing interiors there and
    true wide angle would be very useful. But...most of my time during the 3
    weeks or so that I'll be there will be spent working. At the end, I may
    have about a week to roam around though... I'll be traveling alone, so it
    would be nice if I could manage to avoid getting mugged/murdered for my
    gear... (No offense to my Ukranian friends intended..-Its a volatile place
    over there right now)
    Mark², May 13, 2006
  20. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    pltrgyst wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:20:01 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    > number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    > So you contend that there are no negative even numbers?

    No, I don't.

    >And that zero
    > is not even?

    Ya ya ya... -Been all through that before.
    :)
    People understand what belongs in my e-mail address all the same...
    Mark², May 13, 2006