Why aren't my Ulead or Nero vcd slide shows Working ????

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by -! fredg, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. -! fredg

    -! fredg Guest

    I have successfully burned vcd's that play on my samsung
    regular(forTV)DVD player using UleadMovieFactory2.

    I have NOT been able to burn successful slide shows with
    UleadPictureShow2

    I specify, vcd, and the program goes thru all the process and writes
    to a cd-r. I pop it in the tv DVD player, and the menu shows with
    correct thumbnails and all the chapters, but the chapters won't play.

    When I press play nothing happens
    When I press the fast forward key, I get a message like
    "Ulead PhotoCD"
    "VCD 2.0 Player Required"

    I am burning in VCD mode (not SVCD)

    My SamsungDVD manual specifies CD-R and CD-Video among acceptable
    formats.

    I tried the same with Nero 6.11. Same results. VCD burns fine. DVD
    Player shows photos in menu, but unable to play the slideshow, nor
    navigate the menus.

    What do I need to do to burn working slideshows???

    (I am a little confused, since Ulead MovieFactory burns and runs vcd
    Videos perfectly, but can't get a slide show to work.)

    What do I need to do to burn working slideshows???

    I must be missing some setting or such - Help Please.

    "Please Turn on PBC to Show Photos"

    Suggestions please

    -! fredg, Aug 24, 2003

  2. -! fredg

    Des Annabel Guest

    "-! fredg" <> wrote in message

    > I have successfully burned vcd's that play on my samsung
    > regular(forTV)DVD player using UleadMovieFactory2.
    >
    > I have NOT been able to burn successful slide shows with
    > UleadPictureShow2
    >
    > I specify, vcd, and the program goes thru all the process and writes
    > to a cd-r. I pop it in the tv DVD player, and the menu shows with
    > correct thumbnails and all the chapters, but the chapters won't play.
    >
    > When I press play nothing happens
    > When I press the fast forward key, I get a message like
    > "Ulead PhotoCD"
    > "VCD 2.0 Player Required"
    >
    > I am burning in VCD mode (not SVCD)
    >
    > My SamsungDVD manual specifies CD-R and CD-Video among acceptable
    > formats.
    >
    > I tried the same with Nero 6.11. Same results. VCD burns fine. DVD
    > Player shows photos in menu, but unable to play the slideshow, nor
    > navigate the menus.
    >
    > What do I need to do to burn working slideshows???
    >
    > (I am a little confused, since Ulead MovieFactory burns and runs vcd
    > Videos perfectly, but can't get a slide show to work.)
    >
    > What do I need to do to burn working slideshows???
    >
    > I must be missing some setting or such - Help Please.
    >
    > "Please Turn on PBC to Show Photos"
    >
    > Suggestions please
    >
    > When all the chapters of your VCD come up on the DVD player you need to

    press THE CHAPTER NUMBER not play ! i.e. for chapter 1 you press the
    numeral 1 on your remote control. The Chapters do not naturally follow each
    other. After you have viewed chapter 1 you need to press programme button
    to bring up the contents then press 2 on your remote control. Tricky !!!
    Regards Dessie

    Des Annabel, Aug 25, 2003

  3. -! fredg

    -! fredg Guest

    Re: Why aren't my Ulead -- ATTN: Des

    Dessie,
    THANKS - I feel so stupid, its often the simplest thing---
    simple until you know it!

    -! fredg, Aug 25, 2003
  4. -! fredg

    Garryk

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    I too feel stupid. The simplest thing solved my dilema.

    Garryk, Dec 9, 2009