    Thanks

    Jerry
    , Feb 29, 2008

  2. wrote:

    > Where did that name come from?

    Well, technically they're not, but since you asked, blue lasers.

    (What, did you think it was some tribute to Mr. Charles' R&B
    background?) ;)

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Feb 29, 2008

  3. On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:20:22 -0600, wrote:

    >Where did that name come from?
    >Just curious.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Jerry

    It is a brand name, but the source of the choice to use that name comes
    from the spectral frequency at which the read head laser operates at. It
    allows a much finer track pitch, and areal density on each disc layer.

    The red lasers were nearly at there physical limits with the bit rate
    and track density that DVD is at.
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Feb 29, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Feb 28, 9:20 pm, wrote:
    > Where did that name come from?
    > Just curious.

    Jerry-

    You might get more responses (and better help) if you turn off the x-
    no-archive header on your newsreader. That feature is often used by
    trolls, and many people have killfiled unarchived posts for that
    reason alone. More people will read your posts if you turn off the no-
    archive feature.

    Best wishes.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    , Feb 29, 2008
  5. Telstar Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Where did that name come from?
    > Just curious.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jerry

    It is Blu-Ray not Blue Ray. The name is based on the shorter wavelength and
    higher frequency of the laser for reading the disc.
    Telstar, Feb 29, 2008
  6. On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:59:36 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    >On Feb 28, 9:20 pm, wrote:
    >> Where did that name come from?
    >> Just curious.

    >Jerry-
    >
    >You might get more responses (and better help) if you turn off the x-
    >no-archive header on your newsreader. That feature is often used by
    >trolls, and many people have killfiled unarchived posts for that
    >reason alone.

    You are so full of shit.

    > More people will read your posts if you turn off the no-
    >archive feature.

    Total bullshit. I don't want to talk to any fucking dweeb retard that
    is that fucking anal.

    >Best wishes.

    More bullshit.
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Feb 29, 2008
  7. Nathan Guest

    "Telstar" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Where did that name come from?
    >> Just curious.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Jerry

    > It is Blu-Ray not Blue Ray. The name is based on the shorter wavelength
    > and higher frequency of the laser for reading the disc.

    That's Beta Ray current version 1.0 and 1.1.
    Call it what it is :)
    Nathan, Mar 4, 2008