    On a Side Note: My DELL XPS 600 is in need of Major Repair's (it needs a
    New Mother Board), so I won't be running both Windows XP Pro X64 Edition,
    and Windows Vista X64 Ultimate Edition RC1 until it gets Repaired, Just FYI.

    Kevin John Panzke, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Kevin:
    Frequent posters in this NG have declared our Independence and "extended"
    (no pun intended) the x64 to XP and Vista.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Because the Help and Support Center/Communities in Vista lists this as the
    appropriate ng for 64bit questions. We questioned MS on this and were told
    that this ng is not platform specific, hence its name as
    "windows.64bit.general" (rather than "windowsXP.64bit.general"). It is one
    of five ng's that are not named "Vista" that are nevertheless considered
    appropriate for listing as supporting Vista users.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 13, 2006
  4. I'm not sure who this Russell person is, since I know you couldn't mean me.
    My name is spelled Russel.

    We bowed to the inevitable here, given the settings that Vista has built in
    to it and we handle anything that looks even remotely 64bit. (And I never
    said this group was only for XP x64, since we've always handled 64bit
    versions of Server 2003 as well, though there isn't much in the way of
    knowledge here about Itanium, we've got plenty of folks who can support x64
    Server.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 13, 2006
  5. > Why are there so many Windows Vista X64 Post's in this Newsgroup? Last
    > time I Visited this Newsgroup, Charlie Russell was telling everyone: This
    > is Supposed to be a Newsgroup about Windows XP Pro X64 Edition, what
    > happened to this Newsgroup? Did Microsoft Officially Change Its Policy
    > about This Newsgroup, or does Charlie have a Softie Side for allowing
    > people to Bend The Rules for This Newsgroup?

    I wasn't aware Charlie owned this newsgroup.

    Homer J. Simpson, Sep 14, 2006
  6. Kevin John Panzke

    John Barnes Guest

    Maybe not owned :) but surely influential in getting a dedicated 64-bit
    newsgroup.

    John Barnes, Sep 14, 2006
  7. Funny, I wasn't either! ;)

    I don't own it, and I certainly am not a MS employee. Though I have been
    known to sell my work to MS upon occasion, and I certainly have written a
    few things about MS technologies over the years.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 15, 2006
  8. awww, come on guys. I've always wanted my very own newsgroup. One where I
    can be a total troll and no one can boot me out.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 15, 2006
  9. Kevin John Panzke

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:32:31 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >awww, come on guys. I've always wanted my very own newsgroup. One where I
    >can be a total troll and no one can boot me out.

    Well, nobody can stop you to create your own group in the alt.* domain :))

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 15, 2006
  10. <g>

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 15, 2006
  11. Isn't it called a blog? :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 15, 2006
  12. Kevin John Panzke

    Bioboffin Guest

    Kevin John Panzke wrote:
    > Why are there so many Windows Vista X64 Post's in this Newsgroup? Last
    > time I Visited this Newsgroup, Charlie Russell was telling
    > everyone: This is Supposed to be a Newsgroup about Windows XP Pro
    > X64 Edition, what happened to this Newsgroup? Did Microsoft
    > Officially Change Its Policy about This Newsgroup, or does Charlie
    > have a Softie Side for allowing people to Bend The Rules for This
    > Newsgroup?
    > On a Side Note: My DELL XPS 600 is in need of Major Repair's (it
    > needs a New Mother Board), so I won't be running both Windows XP Pro
    > X64 Edition, and Windows Vista X64 Ultimate Edition RC1 until it gets
    > Repaired, Just FYI.

    Maybe someone worked out that when Vista 64 launches, this group would be as
    dead as a doornail if it didn't catch up?

    Bioboffin, Sep 15, 2006
  13. why, yes, now that you mention it, I suppose it is. But even that I have to
    share. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 16, 2006
  14. Kevin John Panzke

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry Charlie, I don't think you have troll blood.

    John Barnes, Sep 16, 2006
  15. How DARE you claim that I don't have troll blood. Clearly, you and your
    buddies here are in a conspiracy to hide the truth from everyone.

    <g> You're right, that was feeble at best. Sigh. Another illusion shot.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 16, 2006