Why are my Menus needing an Xtra click to keep 'em Active? Anyone ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred-C-, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. Fred-C-

    Fred-C- Guest

    I am hoping someone can explain why I have suddenly encountered the
    following problem, or HOW to fix it....
    If I open, say...Display from the Control Panel, or a new Application
    or
    Window, or even a message Box which requires a 'yes','no' or 'details'.....
    it is OPEN (as in it has an ACTIVE title Bar), then after i LEFT-CLICK
    inside the box, suddenly the Active Bar
    changes colour to my Inactive Colour, and I HAVE TO right click on the Bar
    re-open it ? - funnily enuff, left-clicks do not keep it Active ??? Strange
    i know!

    It never actually closes from off the screen, it just goes from Active to
    Inactive EVERY time i open something,
    This has been going on for a week or so...Has Any1 got any advice as to how
    i can sort it out please ?
    Yeah!, i have run the usual checks.. and i don't believe my comp is infected
    with anything..
    Here's Hoping that somebody out there Can Help me Out.. Please refrain from
    the usual ppl answering, Yeah!... the 1's who have nothing better to do than
    count letters,words, and typos.
    To ALL the usuall helpfull UseNet users, Thanks for previous advice, Heres
    Hoping :)
    All the Best - Fred - England -CarpCatcher Extrordinaire!!

    Fred-C-, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Fred-C-

    WormWood Guest

    Yeah!

    <snip>

    WormWood, Apr 19, 2005

  3. Fred-C-

    Old Gringo Guest

    Re: Why are my Menus needing an Xtra click to keep 'em Active? Anyone?

    Fred-C- wrote:
    > I am hoping someone can explain why I have suddenly encountered the
    > following problem, or HOW to fix it....
    > If I open, say...Display from the Control Panel, or a new Application
    > or
    > Window, or even a message Box which requires a 'yes','no' or 'details'.....
    > it is OPEN (as in it has an ACTIVE title Bar), then after i LEFT-CLICK
    > inside the box, suddenly the Active Bar
    > changes colour to my Inactive Colour, and I HAVE TO right click on the Bar
    > re-open it ? - funnily enuff, left-clicks do not keep it Active ??? Strange
    > i know!
    >
    > It never actually closes from off the screen, it just goes from Active to
    > Inactive EVERY time i open something,
    > This has been going on for a week or so...Has Any1 got any advice as to how
    > i can sort it out please ?
    > Yeah!, i have run the usual checks.. and i don't believe my comp is infected
    > with anything..
    > Here's Hoping that somebody out there Can Help me Out.. Please refrain from
    > the usual ppl answering, Yeah!... the 1's who have nothing better to do than
    > count letters,words, and typos.
    > To ALL the usuall helpfull UseNet users, Thanks for previous advice, Heres
    > Hoping :)
    > All the Best - Fred - England -CarpCatcher Extrordinaire!!

    WOW Your English is far beyond me, I didn't understand a thing you
    said. Understand my English is very poor.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Fred-C-

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    Fred-C- took 26 lines to utter:

    <snip>

    > after i LEFT-CLICK inside the box, suddenly the Active Bar
    >changes colour to my Inactive Colour, and I HAVE TO right click
    >on the Bar to re-open it ?

    <snip>

    >Here's Hoping that somebody out there Can Help me Out..

    I can.

    >Please refrain from the usual ppl answering, Yeah!... the 1's who
    >have nothing better to do than count letters,words, and typos.

    You don't get to dictate who replies and who doesn't, but since
    you said "please", I *will* refrain.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance