  1. Chop Top

    Chop Top Guest

    Seems like they would make them 16:9.

    Chop Top, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Grand Inquisitor, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Urra Dipschitt, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Chop Top

    Mike B. Guest

    Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Chop Top <> wrote:
    >

    >>Seems like they would make them 16:9.

    > Maybe you and the other sheep are on the wrong platform.
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/displays/acd23/

    Yeah, let's pay two and three times as much for an Apple product and be
    able to use about half as many peripheral devices and software products
    as we can with a PC. Now that's smart computing!

    Mike B., Apr 26, 2004
  5. Chop Top

    Justin Guest

    Mike B. wrote on [Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:58:02 GMT]:
    > Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> Chop Top <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Seems like they would make them 16:9.

    >> Maybe you and the other sheep are on the wrong platform.
    >>
    >> http://www.apple.com/displays/acd23/

    > Yeah, let's pay two and three times as much for an Apple product and be
    > able to use about half as many peripheral devices and software products
    > as we can with a PC. Now that's smart computing!

    Yeah, but Macs have the games

    Oh wait...

    Justin, Apr 26, 2004
  6. In article <K4cjc.329$>,
    "Mike B." <> wrote:

    > Yeah, let's pay two and three times as much for an Apple product and be
    > able to use about half as many peripheral devices and software products
    > as we can with a PC. Now that's smart computing!

    You just keep telling yourself that, Sheep. Might do well to get a
    calculator and learn to add.

    Urra Dipschitt, Apr 26, 2004
  7. In article <2go.com>,
    Justin <> wrote:

    > Yeah, but Macs have the games
    >
    > Oh wait...

    Oh, wait...that's what we buy computers for.

    Urra Dipschitt, Apr 26, 2004
  8. Chop Top

    Chop Top Guest

    Apple Displays are 16:10. Back to my original post.

    Chop Top, Apr 27, 2004
  9. Chop Top

    Biz Guest

    Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Chop Top <> wrote:
    >

    >>Seems like they would make them 16:9.

    > Maybe you and the other sheep are on the wrong platform.
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/displays/acd23/

    In case math isn't your strong point, that is a 16:10 monitor as well.

    Biz, Apr 27, 2004
  10. Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Chop Top <> wrote:
    >

    >>Seems like they would make them 16:9.

    > Maybe you and the other sheep are on the wrong platform.
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/displays/acd23/

    Do you Apple snobs ever stop to think that maybe non-Apple users are
    completely aware of the alternatives and choose not to use them? I
    prefer Linux, but the realities of the software market require me to
    have Windows on my machine. No matter how much you try to argue to the
    contrary, Apple just does not offer, in terms of software, what Windows
    offers. My ideal machine would be Linux running on Mac hardware with
    all the Windows software I want. :)

    --
    "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!"
    --Hilary Clinton

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Apr 27, 2004
  11. Chop Top

    Mark Jones Guest

    "Urra Dipschitt" <> wrote in message
    > In article <2go.com>,
    > Justin <> wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah, but Macs have the games
    > >
    > > Oh wait...

    > Oh, wait...that's what we buy computers for.

    Yes, this is a very important consideration.

    Mark Jones, Apr 27, 2004
  12. Chop Top

    Mike B. Guest

    Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    > In article <2go.com>,
    > Justin <> wrote:
    >

    >>Yeah, but Macs have the games
    >>
    >>Oh wait...

    > Oh, wait...that's what we buy computers for.

    It sure is for a lot of us....baaaahhhh.....baaaahhhhh

    Mike B., Apr 27, 2004
  13. In article <8zhjc.31$>,
    Grand Inquisitor <> wrote:

    > Do you Apple snobs ever stop to think that maybe non-Apple users are
    > completely aware of the alternatives and choose not to use them?

    Yes, but then I wake up to reality.

    > I prefer Linux, but the realities of the software market require me to
    > have Windows on my machine. No matter how much you try to argue to the
    > contrary, Apple just does not offer, in terms of software, what Windows
    > offers.

    The standard myth. Are we back to talking about games again? You 20 year
    olds wear me out! :)

    > My ideal machine would be Linux running on Mac hardware with
    > all the Windows software I want. :)

    That's kind of a no-brainer - "A machine that does it all." Sign me up.

    Urra Dipschitt, Apr 27, 2004
  14. Mike B. wrote:

    >>> Yeah, but Macs have the games
    >>>
    >>> Oh wait...

    >> Oh, wait...that's what we buy computers for.

    > It sure is for a lot of us....baaaahhhh.....baaaahhhhh

    You play games on *CD-ROM*?......EWWWW!!!! >_<

    (Walk into any still-standing game-software shop today and try to FIND a
    CD-ROM, Mac *or* Windows--
    You'll find them exiled to a little shamed, forgotten corner hidden near
    the back, somewhere behind the shelves and shelves of PS2, Gamecube,
    X-Box and used-DVD's.)

    Derek Janssen (hey, at least we're *realistic* about it)

    Derek Janssen, Apr 27, 2004
  15. Urra Dipschitt wrote:
    > In article <8zhjc.31$>,
    > Grand Inquisitor <> wrote:
    >

    >>Do you Apple snobs ever stop to think that maybe non-Apple users are
    >>completely aware of the alternatives and choose not to use them?

    > Yes, but then I wake up to reality.

    My first computer was an Apple IIE. Then I got the Macintosh. I loved
    Apple. I whole-heartedly believed that Apple had the superior software
    selection. Then *I* woke up, and got a 486.

    >>I prefer Linux, but the realities of the software market require me to
    >>have Windows on my machine. No matter how much you try to argue to the
    >>contrary, Apple just does not offer, in terms of software, what Windows
    >>offers.

    > The standard myth. Are we back to talking about games again? You 20 year
    > olds wear me out! :)

    It was a disregard for games that helped to put Apple in second place,
    let's not forget that.

    --
    "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!"
    --Hilary Clinton

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Apr 27, 2004
  16. In article <iTtjc.5$>,
    Grand Inquisitor <> wrote:

    > It was a disregard for games that helped to put Apple in second place,
    > let's not forget that.

    That may be quote of the year. I honestly believe that you believe it
    but please understand how ridiculous that statement is.

    Urra Dipschitt, Apr 27, 2004
  17. Chop Top

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Urra Dipschitt <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > Chop Top <> wrote:
    >
    > > Seems like they would make them 16:9.

    > Maybe you and the other sheep are on the wrong platform.
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/displays/acd23/

    As a Mac owner I can say completely and without hesitation that you're an idiot.

    (Going back to video editing with Final Cut Express...)

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Apr 27, 2004
  18. Chop Top

    Justin Guest

    Urra Dipschitt wrote on [Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:44:19 GMT]:
    > In article <iTtjc.5$>,
    > Grand Inquisitor <> wrote:
    >
    >> It was a disregard for games that helped to put Apple in second place,
    >> let's not forget that.

    > That may be quote of the year. I honestly believe that you believe it
    > but please understand how ridiculous that statement is.

    Yeah,. Apple isn't in second place.

    Justin, Apr 27, 2004
  19. In article <2go.com>,
    Justin <> wrote:

    > Apple isn't in second place.

    Great logic.

    Urra Dipschitt, Apr 27, 2004
  20. In article <>,
    (Jordan Lund) wrote:

    > (Going back to video editing with Final Cut Express...)

    I would if I wasn't always tripping over all of your oh-so-important
    gaming consoles.

    Urra Dipschitt, Apr 27, 2004