  1. Why do so many of the junk email messages I get have a string of
    unrelated words either in the subject line or at the end? There must
    be some reason for this.

    John H. Power, Apr 20, 2004

  2. John H. Power

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    John H. Power <> wrote in
    news::

    > Why do so many of the junk email messages I get have a string of
    > unrelated words either in the subject line or at the end? There must
    > be some reason for this.

    If I send half a million identically formed emails, most mail servers will
    instantly recognize it as spam, since they are all exact duplicates.
    People add words and letters and numbers and stuff to them so that they all
    look different, and don't get immediately flagged as spam.

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 20, 2004

  3. John H. Power

    ric Guest

    "John H. Power" wrote:

    > Why do so many of the junk email messages I get have a string of
    > unrelated words either in the subject line or at the end? There must
    > be some reason for this.

    Simply to evade SPAM detection.

    ric, Apr 20, 2004
  4. John H. Power

    George Guest

    I get many that are total gibberish...not a single intelligible sentence in
    the email. Any purpose to this?

    George, Apr 22, 2004