    tbm Guest

    surely a camera's a camera a camera.i mean they basically all do the same thing.right?rgds to all from TBM...

    ---
    tbm, Oct 1, 2004

  2. tbm

    Skip M Guest

    "tbm" <> wrote in message
    news:gOb7d.63$...
    > surely a camera's a camera a camera.i mean they basically all do the same

    thing.right?rgds to all from TBM...

    > ---

    And if you really believe that about cameras in general, and digitals in
    particular, I have a Canon Sure Shot 150u that I'll sell you for the same
    price as my D30 would bring on ebay.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Oct 1, 2004

  3. Yes, just as a car is a car is a car.
    regards
    jycmontgomery

    John Montgomery, Oct 1, 2004
  4. tbm

    Drifter Guest

    I'll take this opportunity to gently remind everyone that the
    "Do not feed the trolls" sign is still posted <grin>

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Oct 1, 2004
  5. Skip M wrote:

    You can always post in the MS groups, "Mac Rulz", ya know....
    John McWilliams, Oct 1, 2004
  6. tbm

    Tony Guest

    No - they don't all do the same thing. Please come back when you get a
    little smarter.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Oct 1, 2004
  7. tbm

    Tony Guest

    You just fed it. I suggest that if you were SERIOUS you would have simply
    killfiled him.

    Tony, Oct 1, 2004
  8. Tony wrote:
    > No - they don't all do the same thing. Please come back when you get a
    > little smarter.

    Or when you learn to appropriately snip, and not arrogantly top post
    with a self absorbed and too long sig. line.

    --
    John McWilliams

    I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm
    not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    John McWilliams, Oct 1, 2004
  9. tbm

    Guest

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:22:11 GMT, John McWilliams <>
    wrote:

    >Tony wrote:
    >> No - they don't all do the same thing. Please come back when you get a
    >> little smarter.
    >>

    >Or when you learn to appropriately snip, and not arrogantly top post
    >with a self absorbed and too long sig. line.

    Speaking of sigs, could you come up with one less than thirty
    years old?
    , Oct 2, 2004
  10. wrote:
    > On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:22:11 GMT, John McWilliams <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Tony wrote:
    >>
    >>>No - they don't all do the same thing. Please come back when you get a
    >>>little smarter.
    >>>

    >>Or when you learn to appropriately snip, and not arrogantly top post
    >>with a self absorbed and too long sig. line.

    > Speaking of sigs, could you come up with one less than thirty
    > years old?

    Yes, and I have many times.

    Why are *you* so self absorbed?
    John McWilliams, Oct 2, 2004
  11. tbm

    Tony Guest

    No. My sig is exactly what I want it to be. My top posts are as I want
    them and I really don't give a damn what anal retentive web dweebs like you
    think. Into the killfile little turkey.

    Tony, Oct 2, 2004
  12. tbm

    leo Guest

    "tbm" <> wrote in message
    > surely a camera's a camera a camera.i mean they basically all do the same
    > thing.right?rgds to all from TBM...
    >

    > ---

    Didn't this same guy trade 300D for Nikon D70? So, why all the fuss???
    leo, Oct 2, 2004
  13. tbm

    Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:31:38 GMT, John McWilliams <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:22:11 GMT, John McWilliams <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Or when you learn to appropriately snip, and not arrogantly top post
    >>>with a self absorbed and too long sig. line.

    >> Speaking of sigs, could you come up with one less than thirty
    >> years old?

    >Yes, and I have many times.
    >
    >Why are *you* so self absorbed?

    Excellent example of a non sequitur.

    The connection between a reference to your ancient sig and
    self-absorption is less than self-evident.
    , Oct 2, 2004
  14. I like top posting! I hate scrolling down three screens to find a short
    reply.....everything below this point would have been read in previous posts
    and probably should be trimmed.

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 2, 2004
  15. Gene Palmiter wrote:

    > I like top posting! I hate scrolling down three screens to find a short
    > reply.....everything below this point would have been read in previous posts
    > and probably should be trimmed.

    Not everyone reads every post that precedes it. No one likes scrolling
    anywhere to read a short reply, esp. one that says "me too" or 'thanks',
    etc.

    Top posting has its place, but notice who trims and who doesn't- generally.

    Tony's strident insistence on always top posting regardless of the
    situation, together with his long sig. line *which is misplaced* (should
    be at the very end), and his hair-trigger plonker is what distinguishes
    him from .... just about everyone.

    But his sig line does help me when I twit him, as my News Reader
    automatically chops off everything after the sig. delimiter.

    Cheers,

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Oct 2, 2004
  16. tbm

    Tony Guest

    I used to trim but so many people complained about that, I stopped.
    I too think bottom posting is pretty much for the benefit of those who
    haven't been paying attention and now want everything set up for their
    convienience but do agree thqat it helps to be ale to refer without opening
    another message.

    Tony, Oct 2, 2004
  17. tbm

    Peter Guest

    2004-10-02, Tony wrote:
    > No. My sig is exactly what I want it to be. My top posts are as I want

    Actually, you're sig is what other people want it to be because you
    include the post you reply to into it :)

    -peter
    Peter, Oct 4, 2004
  18. tbm

    Tony Guest

    I used to remove the pasts posts but people said they liked being able to
    refer to it without opening separately.

    Tony, Oct 5, 2004