    when MCDST is a more complete certificate?

    Cheers,

    Trevor M
    T Monaghan, Dec 10, 2004

  2. T Monaghan

    Doom Guest

    "T Monaghan" <> wrote in message
    news:12da01c4dec0$f8d9d8d0$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have the A+ comptia Hardware certification, and about to
    > seat on the MCDST exams.
    > What is the point in seating for the A+ Comptia Software
    > when MCDST is a more complete certificate?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Trevor M

    I think you should research the difference between the 2 certs.
    Doom, Dec 10, 2004

  3. T Monaghan

    Trevor M Guest

    I can see the difference, and I think there is no real need
    to spend money to seat that certificate...
    Comptia should really update its content to reflect the
    evolotion of OSs from today...

    Trevor M, Dec 10, 2004
  4. T Monaghan

    Jason Guest

    Um...they have.

    A+ Software side now includes XP Home, Xp Pro, Linux and Unix questions,
    hence the vendor neutral status
    A+ Hardware side now includes many previously unavailable technologies
    including:

    USB installation, troubelshooting and functionality
    DDR Memory
    EIDE versus SATA drive installation and troubleshooting
    AMD versus Pentium setup and troubleshooting
    Wireless setup and troubleshooting

    Jason, Dec 13, 2004
  5. T Monaghan

    John O Guest

    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    > Um...they have.
    >
    > A+ Software side now includes XP Home, Xp Pro, Linux and Unix questions,
    > hence the vendor neutral status

    <I just located this NG, and I'm reviewing the last 300 messages...>

    This is incorrect. There is NO Linux/Unix on the A+ OS exam. And to the OP's
    point, the reason the older OS's are covered is because they are still
    widely used in many corporate environments. MCDST focuses exclusively on the
    latest MS OS, where A+ looks at a wider swath. The people that create the
    objectives and questions cover an extremely wide range of the IT industry.

    -John O
    John O, Feb 7, 2005