    and also, what is the trick to creating an anti spam email address
    within google for posts (to hinder the bots)? i've tried once and
    google would not accept an unusual address.

    okr, Sep 24, 2003

  2. okr

    Boomer Guest

    okr wrote:

    > the virus has caused numerous messages in my yahoo email account,
    > causing overflow and rendering it useless since last thursday, no
    > matter how many times i empty all messages.

    Set up filters/blocks at Yahoo.

    > my computer checks virus free with mcafee. and the messages
    > coming in to my yahoo email account are when i am offline.
    > so just whose computer is sending the messages to yahoo???
    > yahoo apparently cannot or does not want to solve the problem.

    Further information at:

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_faq.html

    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003

  3. okr

    Brian H¹© Guest

    okr said:

    > the virus has caused numerous messages in my yahoo email account,
    > causing overflow and rendering it useless since last thursday, no
    > matter how many times i empty all messages.
    >
    > my computer checks virus free with mcafee. and the messages
    > coming in to my yahoo email account are when i am offline.
    > so just whose computer is sending the messages to yahoo???

    Those that are infected?

    > yahoo apparently cannot or does not want to solve the problem.
    >
    > and also, what is the trick to creating an anti spam email address
    > within google for posts (to hinder the bots)? i've tried once and
    > google would not accept an unusual address.

    Can't you use a mail reader on your system?

    Brian H¹©, Sep 24, 2003
  4. okr

    °Mike° Guest

    Check the miriad of other messages (since you post from
    Google, you are in the right place), about the virus.

    I'm not sure of Google's rules on munged addresses, but
    why post from Google, anyway?

    On 24 Sep 2003 14:33:37 -0700, in
    <>
    okr scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 24, 2003
  5. okr

    Boomer Guest

    http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_faq.html#email

    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003
  6. okr

    °Mike° Guest

    On 24 Sep 2003 21:45:56 GMT, in
    <3f721094$0$9987$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> Check the miriad of other messages (since you post from
    >> Google, you are in the right place), about the virus.
    >>
    >> I'm not sure of Google's rules on munged addresses, but
    >> why post from Google, anyway?

    >http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_faq.html#email

    Well, that answers that, then.
    I knew I could rely on you. Thanks. :)

    <snip>

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Sep 24, 2003
  7. okr

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On 24 Sep 2003 21:45:56 GMT, in
    > <3f721094$0$9987$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> Check the miriad of other messages (since you post from
    >>> Google, you are in the right place), about the virus.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not sure of Google's rules on munged addresses, but
    >>> why post from Google, anyway?

    >>http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_faq.html#email

    > Well, that answers that, then.
    > I knew I could rely on you. Thanks. :)
    >
    > <snip>

    You're welcome.
    I have the 2 links you don't have. ;)
    That was one of them.

    --
    <HCFTH>

    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003
  8. okr

    °Mike° Guest

    On 24 Sep 2003 22:24:43 GMT, in
    <3f7219aa$0$9987$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On 24 Sep 2003 21:45:56 GMT, in
    >> <3f721094$0$9987$>
    >> Boomer scrawled:

    >>>http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_faq.html#email

    >> Well, that answers that, then.
    >> I knew I could rely on you. Thanks. :)
    >>
    >> <snip>

    >You're welcome.
    >I have the 2 links you don't have. ;)
    >That was one of them.

    Somehow, I doubt that. I'll bet your software links dwarf mine,
    for instance. ;)

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Sep 24, 2003
  9. okr

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On 24 Sep 2003 22:24:43 GMT, in
    > <3f7219aa$0$9987$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 24 Sep 2003 21:45:56 GMT, in
    >>> <3f721094$0$9987$>
    >>> Boomer scrawled:

    >>> Well, that answers that, then.
    >>> I knew I could rely on you. Thanks. :)
    >>>
    >>> <snip>

    >>You're welcome.
    >>I have the 2 links you don't have. ;)
    >>That was one of them.

    > Somehow, I doubt that. I'll bet your software links dwarf mine,
    > for instance. ;)

    That might have been true a few years ago. Many old, dead links now
    for software. :(

    --

    <HCFTH>

    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003
  10. okr

    °Mike° Guest

    On 24 Sep 2003 22:52:40 GMT, in
    <3f722038$0$9987$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On 24 Sep 2003 22:24:43 GMT, in
    >> <3f7219aa$0$9987$>
    >> Boomer scrawled:

    >>>You're welcome.
    >>>I have the 2 links you don't have. ;)
    >>>That was one of them.

    >> Somehow, I doubt that. I'll bet your software links dwarf mine,
    >> for instance. ;)

    >That might have been true a few years ago. Many old, dead links now
    >for software. :(

    I dread to think how many dead links I have; too many to check
    by hand, and even link checkers take too long on d/u. :)

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Sep 25, 2003
  11. okr

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On 24 Sep 2003 22:52:40 GMT, in
    > <3f722038$0$9987$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 24 Sep 2003 22:24:43 GMT, in
    >>> <3f7219aa$0$9987$>
    >>> Boomer scrawled:

    >>> Somehow, I doubt that. I'll bet your software links dwarf
    >>> mine, for instance. ;)

    >>That might have been true a few years ago. Many old, dead links
    >>now for software. :(

    > I dread to think how many dead links I have; too many to check
    > by hand, and even link checkers take too long on d/u. :)

    I don't even want to think about them!
    Thats a nightmare and I don't wanna go there! And I haven't! ;o)

    Boomer, Sep 25, 2003
  12. okr wrote:

    > the virus has caused numerous messages in my yahoo email account,
    > causing overflow and rendering it useless since last thursday, no
    > matter how many times i empty all messages.

    > my computer checks virus free with mcafee. and the messages
    > coming in to my yahoo email account are when i am offline.
    > so just whose computer is sending the messages to yahoo???

    Mine. Sorry. I was changing the muffler bearings, and my wrench
    slipped. All fixed, now.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    NEW 9/25/03:

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 25, 2003
  13. okr

    Boomer Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > okr wrote:
    >
    >> the virus has caused numerous messages in my yahoo email account,
    >> causing overflow and rendering it useless since last thursday, no
    >> matter how many times i empty all messages.

    >> my computer checks virus free with mcafee. and the messages
    >> coming in to my yahoo email account are when i am offline.
    >> so just whose computer is sending the messages to yahoo???

    > Mine. Sorry. I was changing the muffler bearings, and my wrench
    > slipped. All fixed, now.

    Bwahahahaha!

    Boomer, Sep 25, 2003
  14. Boomer wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> okr wrote:

    >>> the virus has caused numerous messages in my yahoo email account,
    >>> causing overflow and rendering it useless since last thursday, no
    >>> matter how many times i empty all messages.

    >>> my computer checks virus free with mcafee. and the messages
    >>> coming in to my yahoo email account are when i am offline.
    >>> so just whose computer is sending the messages to yahoo???

    >> Mine. Sorry. I was changing the muffler bearings, and my wrench
    >> slipped. All fixed, now.

    > Bwahahahaha!

    Well, cheese, Louise. What kind of flippin' vacuum to people *live*
    in, anyway? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 25, 2003