    Well i capture a pic on lion king on dvd just to show you how good it is
    heres the url

    http://www.angelfire.com/blues/troy/lion-king1.jpg
    Troy-Mich, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Troy-Mich

    Rutgar Guest

    On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 15:10:25 -0400 (EDT),
    (Troy-Mich) wrote:

    >I'm Buying The Gift Set, Bestbuy has it for $39.99, and you get a mnouse
    >pad with it, i all ready watched lion king on dvd, it's great. i work at
    >blockbuster and where we can watch them b4 the street date.
    >
    >Well i capture a pic on lion king on dvd just to show you how good it is
    >heres the url
    >
    >http://www.angelfire.com/blues/troy/lion-king1.jpg

    Er, you mean, who's buying Kimba the White Lion 2?

    - Rutgar
    Rutgar, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Troy-Mich

    unclejr Guest

    (Troy-Mich) wrote...
    > I'm Buying The Gift Set, Bestbuy has it for $39.99, and you get a mnouse
    > pad with it, i all ready watched lion king on dvd, it's great. i work at
    > blockbuster and where we can watch them b4 the street date.
    >
    > Well i capture a pic on lion king on dvd just to show you how good it is
    > heres the url
    >
    > http://www.angelfire.com/blues/troy/lion-king1.jpg

    To answer the subject line, "I already have." HOWEVER, I have one BIG
    caveat to report... Unfortunately, the film has been "touched up" to
    the point of it being completely revisionist on the Platinum DVD. See
    the following two URLs for a comparision of the original 1994
    theatrical cut:

    <http://www.suesrock.net/home/tiramisue/oldcrocs.jpg>

    to the new Platinum DVD released today (10/7):

    <http://www.suesrock.net/home/tiramisue/newcrocs.jpg>

    Simply apalling! :-( They are NOT EVEN CLOSE to being the same
    animation cels! The second TV screen caps are (obviously) not from
    the true original cut (as seen in theaters in 1994). It most likely
    is the IMAX cut released last January 2003.

    I don't know why Disney keeps messing with their animated classics
    like this. It can't be for the money, since I would imagine that a
    ton of time and money went into this "restoration." Perhaps, they
    needed to do this "restoration" for the IMAX cut (and thus, more box
    office revenue), with IMAX's huge/detailed film cels. So, maybe, it
    did make economic sense... :-(

    Disney is using seamless branching to tie the extended (Morning
    Report) version to the "original" (it really should be, "as seen at
    IMAX theaters") version to fit both versions of the film on one disc.
    I just wish that Disney had NOT advertised on the DVD packaging that
    the DVD contains the "original" version of the film. An obvious and
    blatant lie.

    As always, YMMV.

    -Junior
    unclejr, Oct 7, 2003
  4. > <http://www.suesrock.net/home/tiramisue/oldcrocs.jpg>

    > to the new Platinum DVD released today (10/7):
    >
    > <http://www.suesrock.net/home/tiramisue/newcrocs.jpg>

    I'm stunned. This is terrible. Would the original cut
    really have looked that bad in IMAX? Why couldn't they
    keep a copy of the original elements as well?

    I just unwrapped my copy, and despite how mad I am, I love
    the movie too much to take it back. Dammit, Disney...!

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Troy-Mich

    Troy-Mich Guest

    Re: Whos Buying Lion King Tuesday? (ALL)

    The original Lion King is in it to,

    Goto set up and film, i just found it
    Troy-Mich, Oct 8, 2003
  6. Troy-Mich

    unclejr Guest

    Re: Whos Buying Lion King Tuesday? (ALL)

    (Troy-Mich) wrote...
    > The original Lion King is in it to,
    >
    > Goto set up and film, i just found it

    No, the original film (as shown in theaters in 1994) is NOT on the
    current Platinum DVD. The "original" film (as shown in IMAX theaters
    in 2003) IS on the current Platinum DVD. Period.

    For example, there's still a big difference between the 1994 original:

    <http://www.suesrock.net/home/tiramisue/oldcrocs.jpg>

    and the 2003 "original":

    unclejr, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Troy-Mich

    Maverick Guest

    (Troy-Mich) wrote:

    >I'm Buying The Gift Set, Bestbuy has it for $39.99,
    > and you get a mnouse pad with it, i all ready
    > watched lion king on dvd, it's great. i work at
    > blockbuster and where we can watch them b4 the
    > street date.

    >Well i capture a pic on lion king on dvd just to
    > show you how good it is heres the url

    >http://www.angelfire.com/blues/troy/lion-king1.jpg

    I just bought the gift set yesterday at Circuit City, the DVD transfer
    is amazing, but it's Disney's "Enhanced Home Theater Mix" that really
    shines.
    Maverick, Oct 8, 2003
  8. Re: Whos Buying Lion King Tuesday? (ALL)

    On 7 Oct 2003 23:17:14 -0700, (unclejr) wrote:

    > (Troy-Mich) wrote...
    >> The original Lion King is in it to,
    >>
    >> Goto set up and film, i just found it

    >No, the original film (as shown in theaters in 1994) is NOT on the
    >current Platinum DVD. The "original" film (as shown in IMAX theaters
    >in 2003) IS on the current Platinum DVD. Period.
    >
    >For example, there's still a big difference between the 1994 original:
    >
    ><http://www.suesrock.net/home/tiramisue/oldcrocs.jpg>
    >
    >and the 2003 "original":
    >
    ><http://www.suesrock.net/home/tiramisue/newcrocs.jpg>
    >
    >-Junior

    I hate it when they do that! Why mess with something like that? If was
    fine as it was. I am not so sure I want to buy it now.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Oct 8, 2003
  9. Re: Whos Buying Lion King Tuesday? (ALL)

    In news:,
    Mischa van Dinter <> said in a panic:
    > I hate it when they do that! Why mess with something like that? If was
    > fine as it was. I am not so sure I want to buy it now.
    >
    > Mischa

    So you are not going to buy it just because a few seconds of
    the film got enhanced? My god some people are so picky.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Oct 11, 2003
  10. In news:,
    Maverick <> said in a panic:
    > I just bought the gift set yesterday at Circuit City, the DVD transfer
    > is amazing, but it's Disney's "Enhanced Home Theater Mix" that really
    > shines.

    The book is pretty decent too, but its the lithographs that more
    than make up for the extra cost of the gift set. I'm happy with
    mine, as I consider it to be one of my ultimate crown jewels in
    my DVD collection alongside my Criterion edition of "Spartacus,"
    "2001: A Space Odyssey" and eventually all three extended
    "Lord Of The Rings" films. :)

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Oct 11, 2003
  11. Re: Whos Buying Lion King Tuesday? (ALL)

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:28:11 -0500, "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >Mischa van Dinter <> said in a panic:
    >> I hate it when they do that! Why mess with something like that? If was
    >> fine as it was. I am not so sure I want to buy it now.
    >>
    >> Mischa

    >So you are not going to buy it just because a few seconds of
    >the film got enhanced? My god some people are so picky.

    Not enhanced. Changed. Would a collector buy van Gogh's Sunflowers if
    someone decided to repaint some of the uglier leaves so that they did
    not look so dried?

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Oct 11, 2003
  12. Troy-Mich

    unclejr Guest

    Re: Whos Buying Lion King Tuesday? (ALL)

    Mischa van Dinter <> wrote...
    > Not enhanced. Changed. Would a collector buy van Gogh's Sunflowers if
    > someone decided to repaint some of the uglier leaves so that they did
    > not look so dried?

    An interesting analogy... I like it!

    -Junior
    unclejr, Oct 11, 2003
  13. "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <> wrote in

    > In news:,
    > Maverick <> said in a panic:
    >> I just bought the gift set yesterday at Circuit City, the DVD transfer
    >> is amazing, but it's Disney's "Enhanced Home Theater Mix" that really
    >> shines.

    > The book is pretty decent too, but its the lithographs that more
    > than make up for the extra cost of the gift set. I'm happy with
    > mine, as I consider it to be one of my ultimate crown jewels in
    > my DVD collection alongside my Criterion edition of "Spartacus,"
    > "2001: A Space Odyssey" and eventually all three extended
    > "Lord Of The Rings" films. :)

    What's in the book that's so great? This is one title I decided to
    skip the box set. The book would have been the deciding factor.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Oct 11, 2003
  14. On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:45:28 GMT, "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote:

    >"Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <> wrote in
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Maverick <> said in a panic:
    >>> I just bought the gift set yesterday at Circuit City, the DVD transfer
    >>> is amazing, but it's Disney's "Enhanced Home Theater Mix" that really
    >>> shines.

    >> The book is pretty decent too, but its the lithographs that more
    >> than make up for the extra cost of the gift set. I'm happy with
    >> mine, as I consider it to be one of my ultimate crown jewels in
    >> my DVD collection alongside my Criterion edition of "Spartacus,"
    >> "2001: A Space Odyssey" and eventually all three extended
    >> "Lord Of The Rings" films. :)
    >>

    >What's in the book that's so great? This is one title I decided to
    >skip the box set. The book would have been the deciding factor.

    I'm holding out for the NC-17 version.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 11, 2003
  15. In news:,
    SpeedByrd PhD. <> said in a panic:
    > I'm holding out for the NC-17 version.
    >
    > SpeedByrd PhD

    What exactly could they add to make it NC-17?

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Oct 11, 2003
  16. On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:42:22 -0500, "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >SpeedByrd PhD. <> said in a panic:
    >> I'm holding out for the NC-17 version.
    >>
    >> SpeedByrd PhD

    >What exactly could they add to make it NC-17?

    Skip it

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 12, 2003
  17. Troy-Mich

    Sparky Guest

    For once I actually agree with the good doctor :)

    On 11 Oct 2003 13:31:08 -0500, SpeedByrd PhD. <> wrote:

    >I'm holding out for the NC-17 version.
    >
    > SpeedByrd PhD

    -Sparky

    "She's mine, mine, mine you hear- you have all the wives you need!"
    -Torgo
    Sparky, Oct 12, 2003
  18. Troy-Mich

    Doonie Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:30:23 -0500, Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    wrote:

    >.. one of my ultimate crown jewels in my DVD collection alongside
    >.. "2001: A Space Odyssey" ..

    Can't wait for a real Special Edition of this to come out. A full
    bitrate DTS track, a feature-length commentary by Arthur C. Clark
    (before he dies), a whole second disc full of extras including deleted
    scenes, interviews with everyone and a pan & scan version (joke), a
    nice booklet, making-of and behind-the-scenes stuff..

    *drooooooll*

    I'd put this into a frame and mount it onto the wall above my TV!

    --
    www.cloakanddagger.ca
    Doonie, Oct 12, 2003
  19. On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:05:07 GMT, Doonie <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:30:23 -0500, Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    >wrote:
    >
    >>.. one of my ultimate crown jewels in my DVD collection alongside
    >>.. "2001: A Space Odyssey" ..

    > Can't wait for a real Special Edition of this to come out. A full
    >bitrate DTS track, a feature-length commentary by Arthur C. Clark
    >(before he dies), a whole second disc full of extras including deleted
    >scenes, interviews with everyone and a pan & scan version (joke), a
    >nice booklet, making-of and behind-the-scenes stuff..
    >
    >*drooooooll*
    >
    > I'd put this into a frame and mount it onto the wall above my TV!

    I hope you're kidding about this.

    SpeedByrd PhD
    SpeedByrd PhD., Oct 12, 2003
  20. Troy-Mich

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Doonie" <> wrote in message
    > >.. one of my ultimate crown jewels in my DVD collection alongside
    > >.. "2001: A Space Odyssey" ..

    > Can't wait for a real Special Edition of this to come out. A full
    > bitrate DTS track, a feature-length commentary by Arthur C. Clark
    > (before he dies), a whole second disc full of extras including deleted
    > scenes, interviews with everyone and a pan & scan version (joke), a
    > nice booklet, making-of and behind-the-scenes stuff..

    You won't ever get deleted scenes. Kubrick burned all of the extra
    footage because he didn't want anyone to see it.
    Joshua Zyber, Oct 12, 2003