    Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the computer?
    I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging on.
    Melv

    Melv, May 10, 2004

  2. Melv wrote:

    > Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the computer?
    > I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging on.
    > Melv

    That is what the event logs are for! (Amongst other things)

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 10, 2004

  3. Melv

    Rifleman Guest

    "Palindrâ~»me" <> wrote in message
    > Melv wrote:
    >
    > > Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the

    computer?
    > > I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging

    on.
    > > Melv
    > >

    > That is what the event logs are for! (Amongst other things)

    But you have to set up Auditing on the User log-ins first, I think......

    Rifleman, May 10, 2004
  4. Melv

    Melv Guest

    Yes that is what I was wondering.
    Melv

    Melv, May 10, 2004
  5. Melv

    Rifleman Guest

    "Melv" <> wrote in message
    > Yes that is what I was wondering.
    > Melv
    > "Rifleman" <> wrote in message
    > > "Palindrâ~»me" <> wrote in message

    > > computer?

    > logging
    > > on.
    > > > >

    > > > That is what the event logs are for! (Amongst other things)

    > > But you have to set up Auditing on the User log-ins first, I think......

    Event logs log certain system events automatically AFAIK, but Auditing needs
    to be turned on to log user-activated events such as log-ons and log-offs.

    Rifleman, May 10, 2004
  6. Melv

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, Melv emerged from the bunker carrying
    the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the
    > computer? I have several user accounts and would like to know who has
    > been logging on. Melv

    Looks like the 21st Century Goldilocks and the Three Bears to me ;-)

    "Whooooo's been looking at Porn on MY computer ?"
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 10, 2004
  7. Melv

    Rifleman Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > ...and seconds before the explosion, Melv emerged from the bunker carrying
    > the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:
    >
    > > Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the
    > > computer? I have several user accounts and would like to know who has
    > > been logging on. Melv

    > Looks like the 21st Century Goldilocks and the Three Bears to me ;-)
    >
    > "Whooooo's been looking at Porn on MY computer ?"

    LOL!

    Rifleman, May 10, 2004
  8. Melv

    Aunt Buffy Guest

    Why not just set up your webcam to start as soon as the computer is switched
    on (start up group), and have it on security mode, and then it will take a
    picture on any movement it senses.

    Its success depends on the cunning of the prey you are hunting.

    Aunt Buffy, May 10, 2004
  9. Aunt Buffy wrote:

    > "Melv" <> wrote in message
    >> Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the

    > computer?
    >> I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging

    > on.
    >> Melv

    > Why not just set up your webcam to start as soon as the computer is switched
    > on (start up group), and have it on security mode, and then it will take a
    > picture on any movement it senses.

    So everyone has a webcam?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 4892F
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, May 10, 2004
  10. Melv

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, Blinky the Shark emerged from the
    bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see,
    crying:

    > Aunt Buffy wrote:
    >
    >> "Melv" <> wrote in message
    >>> Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the
    >>> computer? I have several user accounts and would like to know who
    >>> has been logging on. Melv

    >> Why not just set up your webcam to start as soon as the computer is
    >> switched on (start up group), and have it on security mode, and then
    >> it will take a picture on any movement it senses.

    > So everyone has a webcam?

    Failing that, you have to hide behind a heavy bookcase with a sketchpad.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 10, 2004