    Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    to make that sort of typo.
    JohnO, Jul 13, 2009

  2. On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:35:11 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <> wrote
    in <news:>:

    > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > to make that sort of typo.

    So why specifically mention the name here - so other people's kids will go
    there?

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jul 13, 2009

  3. JohnO

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-07-13, JohnO <> wrote:
    > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > to make that sort of typo.

    Then use Open DNS.
    Gordon, Jul 13, 2009
  4. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Jul 13, 5:10 pm, Nicolaas Hawkins <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:35:11 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>  wrote
    > in <news:>:
    >
    > > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > > to make that sort of typo.

    > So why specifically mention the name here - so other people's kids will go
    > there?
    >
    > --
    > - Nicolaas

    Don't be stupid. I posted to remind people that they can get caught
    out if they don't type URLs carefully.

    If the kids intend to look at porn they don't need to come here for
    help on how to find it.
    JohnO, Jul 13, 2009
  5. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Jul 13, 6:22 pm, Gordon <> wrote:
    > On 2009-07-13, JohnO <> wrote:
    >
    > > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > > to make that sort of typo.

    > Then use Open DNS.

    Thanks - that's looks like a good system.
    JohnO, Jul 13, 2009
  6. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Jul 13, 10:11 pm, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 6:22 pm, Gordon <> wrote:
    >
    > > On 2009-07-13, JohnO <> wrote:

    > > > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > > > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > > > to make that sort of typo.

    > > Then use Open DNS.

    > Thanks - that's looks like a good system.

    Meh, not as good as I first thought.

    Slow to resolve, can't resolve some common sites like trademe, and
    lets plenty of naughty stuff through. Maybe it needs more time.
    JohnO, Jul 13, 2009
  7. JohnO

    thingy Guest

    On Jul 13, 4:35 pm, JohnO <> wrote:
    > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > to make that sort of typo.

    Very common....MS do a free parental control, but you need Vista (or
    XP I think)

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 13, 2009
  8. JohnO

    thingy Guest

    On Jul 13, 5:44 pm, whoisthis <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >  JohnO <> wrote:
    > > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > > to make that sort of typo.

    > why the hell do you think those common typos are there, to attract the
    > next generation .....

    Anybody....Ive done it and got this crap....but the worst ones are the
    trojan enabled ones....do a typo and get attacked....Ive had that, try
    mistyping google for instance, www.googke.com ...or www.mns.com
    instead of www.msn.com....then try backing out and watch the attack of
    the pop ups...

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 13, 2009
  9. JohnO

    thingy Guest

    On Jul 13, 9:55 pm, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 5:10 pm, Nicolaas Hawkins <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:35:11 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>  wrote
    > > in <news:>:

    > > > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > > > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > > > to make that sort of typo.

    > > So why specifically mention the name here - so other people's kids will go
    > > there?

    > > --
    > > - Nicolaas

    > Don't be stupid. I posted to remind people that they can get caught
    > out if they don't type URLs carefully.
    >
    > If the kids intend to look at porn they don't need to come here for
    > help on how to find it.

    LOL, no.....

    www.sex.com is easier to type than just about anything...

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 13, 2009
  10. JohnO

    victor Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 5:44 pm, whoisthis <> wrote:
    >> In article
    >> <>,
    >>
    >> JohnO <> wrote:
    >>> Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    >>> to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    >>> to make that sort of typo.

    >> why the hell do you think those common typos are there, to attract the
    >> next generation .....

    > Anybody....Ive done it and got this crap....but the worst ones are the
    > trojan enabled ones....do a typo and get attacked....Ive had that, try
    > mistyping google for instance, www.googke.com ...or www.mns.com
    > instead of www.msn.com....then try backing out and watch the attack of
    > the pop ups...
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    A good reason to run Firefox with NoScript.
    victor, Jul 13, 2009
  11. In message <309fb96f-
    >, JohnO wrote:

    > Meant to type in facebook.com but typed facenook.com which redirects
    > to xxxyoutube.com - nasty stuff with no warning. Wouldn't want my kids
    > to make that sort of typo.

    Just as well you didn't try faceboob.com then.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 14, 2009