    should allow Parallels to have a bit more RAM and thus run XP in a
    virtual Machine somewhat faster.

    All in all, thus far and damned nice piece of kit!
    whoisthis, Apr 26, 2006

  2. "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After waiting for 6 weeks I now have my MacBookPro.
    >
    > Its a bit light on RAM, but I am putting in another 1G tomorrow, this
    > should allow Parallels to have a bit more RAM and thus run XP in a
    > virtual Machine somewhat faster.
    >
    > All in all, thus far and damned nice piece of kit!

    as good as my t43?
    news.xtra.co.nz, Apr 26, 2006

  3. whoisthis

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <skH3g.17037$>,
    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote:

    > "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    > > After waiting for 6 weeks I now have my MacBookPro.
    > >
    > > Its a bit light on RAM, but I am putting in another 1G tomorrow, this
    > > should allow Parallels to have a bit more RAM and thus run XP in a
    > > virtual Machine somewhat faster.
    > >
    > > All in all, thus far and damned nice piece of kit!

    > as good as my t43?

    No idea, I am a Mac person and only use windoze for doing CAD work.

    However the benchmark results I saw showed that when it was booted
    directly into XP it was overall the fastest laptop for running Photoshop.

    I will see tomorrow how much the extra ram will help with the virtual
    machine. (The CAD software I use wants 512Mb+)
    whoisthis, Apr 26, 2006
  4. "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    > In article <skH3g.17037$>,
    > "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    >> > After waiting for 6 weeks I now have my MacBookPro.
    >> >
    >> > Its a bit light on RAM, but I am putting in another 1G tomorrow, this
    >> > should allow Parallels to have a bit more RAM and thus run XP in a
    >> > virtual Machine somewhat faster.
    >> >
    >> > All in all, thus far and damned nice piece of kit!

    >> as good as my t43?

    > No idea, I am a Mac person and only use windoze for doing CAD work.
    >
    > However the benchmark results I saw showed that when it was booted
    > directly into XP it was overall the fastest laptop for running Photoshop.
    >
    > I will see tomorrow how much the extra ram will help with the virtual
    > machine. (The CAD software I use wants 512Mb+)

    i upgraded from my dell 8100 notebook, to the ibm t43 and the performance
    increase was good. You always notice a 'snappiness' in the new machines
    interface.

    Although, I may replace the 5400rpm drive with a 7200.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Apr 26, 2006