    direction, the acting, and the memories it conjures up.
    Thanks.
    Eddie

    Guest, Aug 4, 2007

  2. Guest

    Jay G. Guest

    On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 04:11:57 GMT, wrote:

    > Hey folks,
    > I received Who'll Stop The Rain from Netflix and when I watched it
    > discovered that is was a horrible out-of-focus transfer. When I got to the
    > customers comments on the Netflix website....NO ONE mentioned how bad the
    > transfer was. Is this because it was released more than once? Was it so
    > bad that they remastered it?

    Only one release. The reviews I found online aren't favorable:

    http://web.archive.org/web/20050222155101/http://classicsondvd.com/wholl.htm
    "The first fifteen minutes of the film, which takes place in Vietnam, was
    purposely filtered to look soft (and other-worldly?), but as often happens,
    what was intended to look soft on the big screen looks annoying soft on the
    DVD...However, once the action shifts to the United States, the picture is
    perfect."

    http://web.archive.org/web/20011225082124/http://www.dvdmg.com/whollstoptherain.shtml
    "The video quality on this DVD is one of the worst I've seen from MGM in
    quite some time...The first thing you'll notice watching the opening titles
    against a black background is how soft and fuzzy the letters look. As soon
    as the opening scene in Vietnam appears, we realize that the fuzziness is
    here to stay.... [it] looks to me like it was videotaped off late night
    television."

    http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/whollstoprain.php
    "The image is overly soft, even hazy, and is as artifact ridden as anything
    I've seen"

    -Jay

    Jay G., Aug 4, 2007