whois

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    OK, I have a spare minute so I have written a cgi script that does whois
    lookups (so I can do a whois from school/windows)
    Its a trivial script to setup, but I was testing it, and got the following
    return
    (The things kids do with their time these days :)
    whois google.com

    Whois Server Version 2.0

    Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
    for detailed information.

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.ZOMBIED.AND.HACKED.BY.WWW.WEB-HACK.COM
    IP Address: 217.107.217.167
    Registrar: ONLINENIC, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.OnlineNIC.com
    Referral URL: http://www.OnlineNIC.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.VN
    Registrar: ONLINENIC, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.OnlineNIC.com
    Referral URL: http://www.OnlineNIC.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.UA
    Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT LTD D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
    Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
    Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.SUCKS.FIND.CRACKZ.WITH.SEARCH.GULLI.COM
    IP Address: 80.190.192.24
    Registrar: KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH
    Whois Server: whois.rrpproxy.net
    Referral URL: http://www.key-systems.net

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.PLZ.GIVE.A.PR8.TO.AUDIOTRACKER.NET
    IP Address: 213.251.184.30
    Registrar: OVH
    Whois Server: whois.ovh.com
    Referral URL: http://www.ovh.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.MX
    Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT LTD D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
    Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
    Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.IS.POWERED.BY.MIKLEFEDOROV.COM
    IP Address: 195.131.167.11
    Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.IS.NOT.HOSTED.BY.ACTIVEDOMAINDNS.NET
    IP Address: 217.148.161.5
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.IS.APPROVED.BY.NUMEA.COM
    IP Address: 213.228.0.43
    Registrar: GANDI
    Whois Server: whois.gandi.net
    Referral URL: http://www.gandi.net

    Server Name:
    GOOGLE.COM.HAS.LESS.FREE.PORN.IN.ITS.SEARCH.ENGINE.THAN.SECZY.COM
    IP Address: 209.187.114.130
    Registrar: INNERWISE, INC. D/B/A ITSYOURDOMAIN.COM
    Whois Server: whois.itsyourdomain.com
    Referral URL: http://www.itsyourdomain.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.BR
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com

    Server Name: GOOGLE.COM.AU
    Registrar: PRIMUS TELCO PTY LTD DBA PRIMUSDOMAIN/PLANETDOMAIN
    Whois Server: whois.planetdomain.com
    Referral URL: http://www.planetdomain.com

    Domain Name: GOOGLE.COM
    Registrar: EMARKMONITOR INC. DBA MARKMONITOR
    Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com
    Referral URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
    Name Server: NS4.GOOGLE.COM
    Name Server: NS3.GOOGLE.COM
    Name Server: NS1.GOOGLE.COM
    Name Server: NS2.GOOGLE.COM
    EPP Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    EPP Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    EPP Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Updated Date: 10-Apr-2006
    Creation Date: 14-Sep-1997
    Expiration Date: 13-Sep-2011

    --
    Fry: It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year
    long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Oct 12, 2006

  2. Shane

    juicyjuice Guest

    yeh it appears that onlinenic has been hacked, might be a good idea to
    modify your script to use another whois provider =)

    juicyjuice, Oct 13, 2006