Who will replace Satan, now he's headed back to Hell?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Aug 25, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/08/25/steve.jobs.profile/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

    You might call him Satan, but many more people think he is a Messiah,
    never more so than when he was resurrected in the 1990s to lead Apple
    out of the doldrums to its unprecedented success.

    I'm not sure about the Messiah label, but he is about as far away from
    Satan as could be.

    There's something quite dark about you, though. ;-)
    Bruce, Aug 25, 2011

  3. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    Robert Coe, Aug 26, 2011
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    George Kerby <> wrote:
    >On 8/25/11 9:13 AM, in article ,
    >"Bruce" <> wrote:
    >> I'm not sure about the Messiah label, but he is about as far away from
    >> Satan as could be.
    >> There's something quite dark about you, though. ;-)
    >>

    >There is something in Rich's water that has reduced his IQ to that of your
    >average ground squirrel.

    There is probably still a long way to go before he reaches the depths
    that you appear to inhabit.
    Bruce, Aug 26, 2011
  5. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Aug 26, 2011
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Aug 25, 10:13 am, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/08/25/steve.jobs.profile/inde...

    > You might call him Satan, but many more people think he is a Messiah,
    > never more so than when he was resurrected in the 1990s to lead Apple
    > out of the doldrums to its unprecedented success.
    >
    > I'm not sure about the Messiah label, but he is about as far away from
    > Satan as could be.
    >
    > There's something quite dark about you, though. ;-)

    I loved the media-Apple paid write-ups. All the glowing stories, no
    mention of things like the Newton or the LISA or why he was turfed
    from Apple in the first place.
    RichA, Aug 26, 2011
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Aug 25, 9:39 pm, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > :http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/08/25/steve.jobs.profile/inde...
    >
    > I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but the world
    > will take much less notice when *you're* about to croak.
    >
    > Bob

    Oh...ouch...that is so...irrelevant. I don't run a huge company like
    your lord does.
    RichA, Aug 26, 2011
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Aug 26, 9:46 am, George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 8/26/11 5:03 AM, in article ,
    >

    > "Bruce" <> wrote:
    > > George Kerby <> wrote:

    > >> There is something in Rich's water that has reduced his IQ to that of your
    > >> average ground squirrel.

    > > There is probably still a long way to go before he reaches the depths
    > > that you appear to inhabit.

    > Someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning, Brucie-Boy?

    Awww, whatsamatter? Worried that the cabal didn't join in your
    chorus? Don't worry, the Soma is still working, there are a lot of
    you.
    RichA, Aug 26, 2011
  9. RichA

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    >:
    > http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/08/25/steve.jobs.profile/index.html?hp
    >t=hp_c1
    >
    >I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but the world
    >will take much less notice when *you're* about to croak.
    >
    >Bob

    I am pretty sick of people calling Jobs the modern Edison.

    Jobs actually believes he invented the MP3 player, the Tablet PC, the
    Graphical computer interface etc!!!
    GMAN, Aug 26, 2011
  10. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/26/2011 12:20 PM, GMAN wrote:
    > In article<>, Robert Coe<> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA<> wrote:
    >> :
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/08/25/steve.jobs.profile/index.html?hp
    >> t=hp_c1
    >>
    >> I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but the world
    >> will take much less notice when *you're* about to croak.
    >>
    >> Bob

    > I am pretty sick of people calling Jobs the modern Edison.
    >
    > Jobs actually believes he invented the MP3 player, the Tablet PC, the
    > Graphical computer interface etc!!!

    Please show us where such claims were made.

    In today's world product development requires more resources than
    individuals can supply. Good managers rely on their team to make them
    look good. They sift out the bad ideas and develop what they think was
    the good ones. Steve Jobs was fairly good at that.

    I think Edison also had such a team.
    to bring this back to photography, yesterday I was shooting hummingbirds
    with a former member of Von Braun's team.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Aug 26, 2011
  11. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/26/2011 3:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-08-26 10:55:35 -0700, Elliott Roper <> said:
    >
    >> In article <2011082609514175249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    >>> Yup! That is somewhat silly. If you go back to the beginning Steve
    >>> Wozniak was the innovator, and Jobs was the minimalist. Jobs was the
    >>> guy, who like Edison had a team of developers to create his concepts,
    >>> and run new concepts by him.
    >>> His genius in his return as CEO was to reject more than he approved,
    >>> and only launching a product when it was ready for primetime. As a
    >>> result his failures with Apple are few.
    >>>
    >>> The real genius behind the current Apple line up is John Ive who is
    >>> responsible for the iMac, Powerbook, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air,
    >>> iPod, iPhone, and iPad.

    >>> I don't think you will find him making those claims, or even find
    >>> documentation of such a claim.
    >>>
    >>> He might well claim that he perfected those items by placing demands on
    >>> his design team lead by John Ive.

    >> You are right.
    >>
    >> Jobs is a businessman and salesman and something of a marketing and
    >> team building visionary. Ives leads a team that designs pretty
    >> aluminium boxes for the real innovation to fit inside.
    >>
    >> The real innovation comes from the electronics and software teams that
    >> make the real guts of Apple's products.
    >>
    >> There are swarms of them. Many have the same drive for perfection that
    >> has been enshrined by the sound-bite obsessed press in the body of
    >> Chr^h^h^h Jobs.
    >>
    >> Jobs is neither Satan nor Messiah. He is human -- a driven human, with
    >> more medical problems than most of us would wish on our worst enemy.
    >>
    >> Do read the text of his Sanford commencement address in 2005 here:-
    >>
    >> http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html
    >>
    >> Lots of people think he might be an arsehole, but here is genuine human
    >> fallibility in honest directness.
    >>
    >> Now this is a photography froup. Please can we leave Apple to get on
    >> with wiping the floor with their competition?

    > Agreed.
    > However you will note that every one of the Apple threads has been
    > initiated by Rich and his irrational anti-Apple position. Most of which
    > provoke a challenge to his ignorance.

    Few would challenge his ignorance, prejudices and/or stupidity.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Aug 26, 2011
  12. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Aug 26, 5:20 pm, (GMAN) wrote:
    > In article <>, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > >On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    > >:
    > >http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/08/25/steve.jobs.profile/inde...
    > >t=hp_c1

    > >I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know, but the world
    > >will take much less notice when *you're* about to croak.

    > >Bob

    > I am pretty sick of people calling Jobs the modern Edison.
    >
    > Jobs actually believes he invented the MP3 player, the Tablet PC, the
    > Graphical computer interface etc!!!

    Do you believ Edison invented the electric light bulb ?
    Because he was american ????

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_light_bulb#History_of_the_light_bulb
    Whisky-dave, Aug 30, 2011