    for as long as they want, even without profits. Couple that with the
    less than spectacular greeting their NEX cameras are getting and it
    looks like Sony will be in the DSLR game a while longer.
    RichA, Jun 27, 2010

  2. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 07:55:00 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    : Olympus appears to be headed in that direction. There seems to be
    : little if any indication they will continue to support them, having
    : put all their eggs into the micro 4/3rds basket. However, Sony, even
    : though they make no money on DSLRs (according to some sources, anyway)
    : have a lot more money than Olympus and can keep up the DSLR production
    : for as long as they want, even without profits. Couple that with the
    : less than spectacular greeting their NEX cameras are getting and it
    : looks like Sony will be in the DSLR game a while longer.

    Rich, if we knew the answer, we wouldn't tell you. You appear to want to bet
    on it, and common sense tells us to preserve the opportunity to bet against
    you.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 27, 2010

  3. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >Robert Coe <> wrote in
    >> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 07:55:00 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>

    >>: Olympus appears to be headed in that direction. There seems to be
    >>: little if any indication they will continue to support them, having
    >>: put all their eggs into the micro 4/3rds basket. However, Sony, even
    >>: though they make no money on DSLRs (according to some sources,
    >>: anyway) have a lot more money than Olympus and can keep up the DSLR
    >>: production for as long as they want, even without profits. Couple
    >>: that with the less than spectacular greeting their NEX cameras are
    >>: getting and it looks like Sony will be in the DSLR game a while
    >>: longer.
    >>
    >> Rich, if we knew the answer, we wouldn't tell you. You appear to want
    >> to bet on it, and common sense tells us to preserve the opportunity to
    >> bet against you.

    >I support any decision by the mfgs that keeps them in the black.

    Unless it involves the use of plastic.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Jun 27, 2010
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 27, 5:55 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > Rich  <> wrote:
    > >Robert Coe <> wrote in
    > >> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 07:55:00 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > >>: Olympus appears to be headed in that direction.  There seems to be
    > >>: little if any indication they will continue to support them, having
    > >>: put all their eggs into the micro 4/3rds basket.  However, Sony, even
    > >>: though they make no money on DSLRs (according to some sources,
    > >>: anyway) have a lot more money than Olympus and can keep up the DSLR
    > >>: production for as long as they want, even without profits.  Couple
    > >>: that with the less than spectacular greeting their NEX cameras are
    > >>: getting and it looks like Sony will be in the DSLR game a while
    > >>: longer.

    > >> Rich, if we knew the answer, we wouldn't tell you. You appear to want
    > >> to bet on it, and common sense tells us to preserve the opportunity to
    > >> bet against you.

    > >I support any decision by the mfgs that keeps them in the black.

    > Unless it involves the use of plastic.

    Shudder. Interesting thing. I asked which Sony NEX would sell
    better, the 3 or the 5. The 5 is a metal body, $100 more. Most
    thougth the cheap plastic 3 would sell better. But according to what
    I've been able to find out, demand for the 5 is at least 2x stronger.
    RichA, Jun 28, 2010
  5. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Jun 27, 5:55 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> Rich  <> wrote:
    >> >I support any decision by the mfgs that keeps them in the black.

    >> Unless it involves the use of plastic.

    >Shudder.

    Thus disproving your own claim.

    > Interesting thing. I asked which Sony NEX would sell

    Not interesting.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Jun 28, 2010
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 28, 1:20 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:

    > >> Unless it involves the use of plastic.

    > >Shudder.

    > Thus disproving your own claim.
    >
    > >  Interesting thing.  I asked which Sony NEX would sell

    > Not interesting.

    alt.politics is calling Ray, they need their village idiot back.
    RichA, Jun 28, 2010
  7. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On Jun 28, 1:20 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA  <> wrote:

    >> >Shudder.

    >> Thus disproving your own claim.
    >>
    >> >  Interesting thing.  I asked which Sony NEX would sell

    >> Not interesting.

    >alt.politics is calling Ray, they need their village idiot back.

    alt.nazism is calling - they want their racist bigot back.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Jun 29, 2010
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 29, 3:52 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:

    > >> Thus disproving your own claim.

    > >> Not interesting.

    > >alt.politics is calling Ray, they need their village idiot back.

    > alt.nazism is calling - they want their racist bigot back.
    >
    > --
    > Ray Fischer

    I never posted to that group, but I guess you have?
    RichA, Jun 29, 2010
  9. RichA

    BF Guest

    On 6/27/2010 10:55 AM, RichA wrote:
    > Olympus appears to be headed in that direction. There seems to be
    > little if any indication they will continue to support them, having
    > put all their eggs into the micro 4/3rds basket. However, Sony, even
    > though they make no money on DSLRs (according to some sources, anyway)
    > have a lot more money than Olympus and can keep up the DSLR production
    > for as long as they want, even without profits. Couple that with the
    > less than spectacular greeting their NEX cameras are getting and it
    > looks like Sony will be in the DSLR game a while longer.

    Probably both will eventually because they can't compete with Canon and
    Nikon.
    BF, Jun 29, 2010
  10. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4c2a331a$0$1655
    >$:
    >
    >> RichA <> wrote:

    >black.

    >>>I never posted to that group,

    >> Not something you'd admit to, is it?

    >Sure I would, if I had.

    Nah. You're a racist bigot and not known for honesty.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Jun 30, 2010