Who to complain to about DVDSoon.com?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Cernovog, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Cernovog

    Cernovog Guest

    For those of you not aware of what's been going on, in 2005 www.dvdsoon.com
    announced to their customers that they were canceling all pending orders and
    they were not honoring refunds.

    They were then sold to another company which agreed to fulfill any *new*
    orders that were still outstanding, but would not honor the refunds of orders
    canceled previously.

    Most recently, they agreed to offer a refund as a 50% discount off of new
    orders.

    I want my money back and I'm sure as hell am not about to give these people
    more money.

    I've waited and waited. I've complained to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call
    Centre (PhoneBusters.com) but so far, nothing has happened.

    In the United States, I'd complain to the FTC and the Attorney General's
    office, but this is a Canadian company. I don't know to do.

    I'm amazed that there hasn't been a class action lawsuit. Thousands of people
    lost money. I only lost $50, but many people had orders for hundreds and
    hundreds of dollars.

    Canada must have a consumer protection body similar to the FTC. They must
    have some type of attorney general of their own. Who do I go to for help?

    Cernovog, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Cernovog

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:52:52 -0500, Cernovog <> wrote:

    >For those of you not aware of what's been going on, in 2005 www.dvdsoon.com
    >announced to their customers that they were canceling all pending orders and
    >they were not honoring refunds.

    >Canada must have a consumer protection body similar to the FTC. They must
    >have some type of attorney general of their own. Who do I go to for help?

    If you paid by credit card, contact them and file a fraud complaint;
    you'll get your money back.

    AZ Nomad, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Cernovog

    Tonester Guest

    "Cernovog" <> wrote in message
    > For those of you not aware of what's been going on, in 2005
    > www.dvdsoon.com
    > announced to their customers that they were canceling all pending orders
    > and
    > they were not honoring refunds.
    >
    > They were then sold to another company which agreed to fulfill any *new*
    > orders that were still outstanding, but would not honor the refunds of
    > orders
    > canceled previously.

    File a claim with your credit card company.

    Tonester, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Cernovog

    anthony Guest

    My credit card company refunded the amounts owing to me .. .but I did
    get onto the case before they folded.
    Watch out now for DVDImport.com, another Canadian company which seems
    suspiciously similar .. cancelled orders, late delivery etc... I've
    only ordered once through them, but never again after they took two
    moths after release date to send out an order placed two months AHEAD
    of release!

    anthony, Mar 23, 2006