who to buy pc from, abs, monarch, alienware?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by heavenbound, Sep 30, 2004.

  1. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    I'm looking to buy a new pc from a major manufacturer and have some
    concerns. I am in the research mode, eliminating those companies that are
    not what I want. So, i've got it down to alienware, abs and monarch.

    I will not build my own.
    Reading the reviews of monarch from resellerratings.com make me nervous
    about ordering from them. Every review except only a couple that I read had
    order problems and so forth. Even if monarch fixed the problem etc, made up
    for it etc, it is rediculious how many problems people had. I mean sheese,
    almost every single review here on this web site said they had a problem.
    That's extremly bad in my opinion no matter how the company makes up for it.
    So, i'm now thinking twice about ordering from them, specially when it could
    take up to a month or more to get a pc from them, according to some of the
    reviews. waiting more then 1 week is completely insane and rediculous in my
    opinion and no matter what it should not take more then a week to get the pc
    unless you order snail speed shipping., i can not and will not wait that
    long.

    So what do people think of monarch, alienware and ABS for around $1800? I
    can get a pc for that cost from all three that seem to be ok for what i
    want. I'm just needing to find out about customer service, how long it would
    take to get the pc and well, the support must be based in the Us, not
    freaking india or some crud like that. i would never support a company that
    outsourced the support.

    I can probably get the best pc specs wise from monarch for $1800, but weary
    now from reading all the problems people had with them on this reseller
    ratings web site. From what i read and how picky on companies i am, how
    demanding a customer must be, monarch would not have a rating as high as
    they do on this site, it might be half of what it is. to me, any problems
    look bad on a company even if they make up for it.

    Anyway I'm also interested in other suggestions about other companies. These
    i will not buy from.
    HP, dell etc. none of those places i will buy from.

    The pc must be an AMD64 3000+ or faster, 1gb ddr good ram, 120gb drive, good
    video card, etc etc.

    anyhow take care guys.
    heavenbound, Sep 30, 2004

  2. heavenbound

    Wizard Guest

    What you want isn't out there. You will have to walk into your local
    shop.

    --
    "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the
    statue."
    Wizard, Sep 30, 2004

  3. heavenbound

    Hong Ran Pan Guest

    --
    You flickering, pervious, turbid flummery.
    Hong Ran Pan, Sep 30, 2004
  4. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    huh?

    "Hong Ran Pan" <> wrote in
    message

    heavenbound, Sep 30, 2004
  5. heavenbound

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: who to buy pc from, abs, monarch, alienware?
    >From: "heavenbound"
    >Date: 9/30/2004 7:08 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >I'm looking to buy a new pc from a major manufacturer and have some
    >concerns. I am in the research mode, eliminating those companies that are
    >not what I want. So, i've got it down to alienware, abs and monarch.
    >
    >I will not build my own.
    >Reading the reviews of monarch from resellerratings.com make me nervous
    >about ordering from them. Every review except only a couple that I read had
    >order problems and so forth. Even if monarch fixed the problem etc, made up
    >for it etc, it is rediculious how many problems people had. I mean sheese,
    >almost every single review here on this web site said they had a problem.
    >That's extremly bad in my opinion no matter how the company makes up for it.
    >So, i'm now thinking twice about ordering from them, specially when it could
    >take up to a month or more to get a pc from them, according to some of the
    >reviews. waiting more then 1 week is completely insane and rediculous in my
    >opinion and no matter what it should not take more then a week to get the pc
    >unless you order snail speed shipping., i can not and will not wait that
    >long.
    >
    >So what do people think of monarch, alienware and ABS for around $1800? I
    >can get a pc for that cost from all three that seem to be ok for what i
    >want. I'm just needing to find out about customer service, how long it would
    >take to get the pc and well, the support must be based in the Us, not
    >freaking india or some crud like that. i would never support a company that
    >outsourced the support.
    >
    >I can probably get the best pc specs wise from monarch for $1800, but weary
    >now from reading all the problems people had with them on this reseller
    >ratings web site. From what i read and how picky on companies i am, how
    >demanding a customer must be, monarch would not have a rating as high as
    >they do on this site, it might be half of what it is. to me, any problems
    >look bad on a company even if they make up for it.
    >
    >Anyway I'm also interested in other suggestions about other companies. These
    >i will not buy from.
    >HP, dell etc. none of those places i will buy from.
    >
    >The pc must be an AMD64 3000+ or faster, 1gb ddr good ram, 120gb drive, good
    >video card, etc etc.
    >
    >anyhow take care guys.

    How about you just send your $1800 to Dell? You may not get everything you
    want, but you'll be close and they are totally reliable.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    ArtKramr, Sep 30, 2004
  6. Stop paying so much attention to the name on the outside, and look at the
    configuration and makers of what's inside.

    Watch out with Alien Ware. Do your research into what's actually a clone made
    by another company and just stuck in their cool cases. Yes, they do this with
    some of their stuff. You can just go to the original source and save hundreds.
    Matthew Superstar Swass, Sep 30, 2004
  7. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    >>demanding a customer must be, monarch would not have a rating as high as
    >>they do on this site, it might be half of what it is. to me, any problems
    >>look bad on a company even if they make up for it.
    >>
    >>Anyway I'm also interested in other suggestions about other companies.
    >>These
    >>i will not buy from.
    >>HP, dell etc. none of those places i will buy from.
    >>
    >>The pc must be an AMD64 3000+ or faster, 1gb ddr good ram, 120gb drive,
    >>good
    >>video card, etc etc.
    >>
    >>anyhow take care guys.

    > How about you just send your $1800 to Dell? You may not get everything you
    > want, but you'll be close and they are totally reliable.
    >

    > Arthur Kramer
    > 344th BG 494th BS
    > England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany

    I will not support Dell or any company who outsources thier tech support and
    consumer reports talked about Dell and said they have one of the worst
    support staff around. I just went to consumerreports.org last night and read
    this. They said many times trying to call Dell they had trouble
    understanding the techs who could not speak very good english etc.
    heavenbound, Oct 1, 2004
  8. heavenbound

    Thor Guest

    > I will not support Dell or any company who outsources thier tech support
    > and consumer reports talked about Dell and said they have one of the worst
    > support staff around. I just went to consumerreports.org last night and
    > read this. They said many times trying to call Dell they had trouble
    > understanding the techs who could not speak very good english etc.

    It's a love/hate thing for me. On one hand, I love the fact that they have
    done this. It has brought more customers to me, as a local guy who can serve
    the customer's computer support needs better. I hate the fact that the
    support staff in the US lost their jobs, but Dell is reaping the ill will
    they generate with the customers who have to talk to someone they can barely
    understand, and who often can barely understand them. I know Dell and other
    companies work very hard to overcome the language barrier, but it is still a
    big problem, and many US customers simply do not like talking to someone
    with a thick accent halfway across the world about their computer problems
    here in the US. I see lots of people who were attracted by Dell's low price
    deals constantly being flogged on TV, and were bitterly disappointed with
    the support call experience when they had problems. Many simply have given
    up even trying to call Dell support in the event of a problem (something I'm
    sure Dell doesn't mind) and now they all me and pay me to solve issues that
    their free Dell tech support would normally be utilized for. I have no
    personal animosity towards the India-based support staff who are simply
    jumping on the great opportunities being afforded them in a country with few
    well-paying (from the Indian perspective) jobs. They are doing the best they
    can, and are often very well spoken, very intelligent, and try very hard to
    help. But overall I think it is alienating Dell customers with the language
    barriers that do regularly occur, and this is especialy frustrating for
    people who don't even know that much about the machine they are trying to
    troubleshoot with a heavily-accented person on the phone giving them
    instructions.
    Thor, Oct 1, 2004

    --
    I'm out of sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
    Martin O'Brien, Oct 1, 2004