    wheesht", have I spelt it right, probably not. Meaning, 'don't speak, keep
    silent'. Know any more?
    ==========
    AK, Nov 11, 2003

  2. AK

    Rob Guest

    "AK" <> wrote in message
    news:DRasb.2879$...
    > Take a minute or two away from PC talking and see if you can answer this?
    > Who do you possibly think could have come up with the saying "Haud yer
    > wheesht", have I spelt it right, probably not. Meaning, 'don't speak, keep
    > silent'. Know any more?
    > ==========

    Hannibal Lechter?
    Rob, Nov 11, 2003

  3. AK

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  4. AK

    AK Guest

    Another great site Mike. I'll need a few whiskeys to enable me to read it
    right. Where do you get these links from? Another one for my favourites
    thanks.
    =======

    AK, Nov 11, 2003
  5. AK

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Gweed Lord, what a nice page!

    In news:,
    °Mike° <> typed:

    Juan Pérez, Nov 11, 2003
  6. AK

    °Mike° Guest

    Aye, it's beezer, so 'tis.

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:13:53 GMT, in
    <5qbsb.21646$>
    Juan Pérez scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  7. AK

    °Mike° Guest

    I've had this site in my favorites for a while.
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?B22732286

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:00:46 -0000, in
    <1ebsb.2910$>
    AK scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  8. AK

    bb3 Guest

    bb3, Nov 11, 2003
  9. ºMikeº went to the Cat Daddy School of Reference and learned how to pull those links out of his
    butt.......;oþ

    "AK" <> chiseled in stone, the following words news:1ebsb.2910$Tc2.22587
    @newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net:

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 11, 2003
  10. AK

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  11. AK

    °Mike° Guest

    NEEEEEEEEEEner! ;oP

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:00:57 -0600, in
    <Xns9430ACED2CF70roseeneener@206.127.4.10>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  12. AK

    AK Guest

    I'm from Scotland and I'm thinking the same thing, It's great but in'it.
    ======

    AK, Nov 11, 2003
  13. AK

    Phil Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message

    > "AK" <> wrote in message
    > > Take a minute or two away from PC talking and see if you can answer

    this?
    > > Who do you possibly think could have come up with the saying "Haud yer
    > > wheesht", have I spelt it right, probably not. Meaning, 'don't speak,

    keep
    > > silent'. Know any more?
    > > ==========
    > >

    > Hannibal Lechter?

    Charlie Endle - "Is that you Budgie?" -Nurse, it's time for my medication!
    lol
    Phil, Nov 11, 2003
  14. Heeeeey! That's my line.....;oþ

    Pffftttttt<hooking thumbs in mouth>

    °Mike° <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 11, 2003
  15. AK

    °Mike° Guest

    Why do you think I used it? ;o)

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:12:10 -0600, in
    <Xns9430AED39BEB0roseeneener@206.127.4.10>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2003
  16. AK

    Harrison Guest

    I saw the link while researching the saying, but I didn't see where
    the poem was the origin of the phrase, so I didn't post it.
    Was the poem indeed the origin of the phrase, or was the already known
    phrase simply part of the poem?

    Harrison, Nov 11, 2003
  17. Just to make me laugh?!!!!!, 'cuz you did a wonderful job.....;oþ

    <guffaw>

    > Why do you think I used it? ;o)

    > On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:12:10 -0600, Rosee scrawled:
    >>Heeeeey! That's my line.....;oþ
    >>
    >>Pffftttttt<hooking thumbs in mouth>

    >>°Mike° chiseled in stone, the following words:
    >>> NEEEEEEEEEEner! ;oP

    <schnippen>

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 11, 2003
  18. AK

    bb3 Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:28:25 GMT, in
    > <dodsb.49523$>
    > bb3 scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> http://www.rampantscotland.com/poetry/blpoems_presbytery.htm

    > >Thanks for that! Now where do I find a Scottish to English

    translator?

    > Ask a Glaswegian. <BEG>
    >
    > <snip>

    LOL!
    bb3, Nov 11, 2003
  19. AK

    AK Guest

    Isn't it amazing how things are uncovered sharing a bit of fun. I didn't
    even know it was used in a poem. What was the poem called, I would like to
    read it.
    ======

    AK, Nov 12, 2003
  20. AK

    bb3 Guest

    "AK" <> wrote in message
    > I'm from Scotland and I'm thinking the same thing, It's great but

    in'it.

    When I was living in France, I had a couple of friends from Scotland.
    One of them was originally from the Caribbean, so she was able to
    translate for the other girl. They were a kick though. Very
    interesting listening to her speak French with the accent.

    bb3, Nov 12, 2003