    measekite Guest

    Who thinks that the long term trend will be towards full frame DSLRs and away from the C size sensor.  If that is the case then one should never consider buying a DX or EF-S lens since they cannot work on a full frame.  And if you have both should you not purchase them either.

    Or if the C sensor is here for the long terms then maybe the DX and EF-S lenses are a good deal.  They are lighter, cheaper, in some cases faster and appear good enough.  One case is the Canon 10-22 EF-S that even outclasses the Nikon12-?? DX.  That is not my opinion as I read it on the Ken Rockwell website and he is a pro Nikon photographer.
    measekite, Apr 26, 2008

  2. Cynicor wrote:
    > measekite wrote:
    >> Who thinks that the long term trend will be towards full frame DSLRs
    >> and away from the C size sensor. If that is the case then one
    >> should never consider buying a DX or EF-S lens since they cannot
    >> work on a full frame. And if you have both should you not purchase
    >> them either. Or if the C sensor is here for the long terms then maybe
    >> the DX and
    >> EF-S lenses are a good deal. They are lighter, cheaper, in some
    >> cases faster and appear good enough. One case is the Canon 10-22
    >> EF-S that even outclasses the Nikon12-?? DX. That is not my opinion
    >> as I read it on the Ken Rockwell website and he is a pro Nikon
    >> photographer.

    > I think that the long-term trend will be away from HTML-based Usenet
    > messages.

    I didn't see the original post - perhaps because my news-server blocks
    non-text posts in text-only newsgroups. Please post only text messages to
    this newsgroup.

    I am pleased with APS-C sized sensors because they allow my DSLR and
    lenses to be somewhat smaller and lighter. Were they to disappear, most
    likely I would have to change to the more expensive and noisier 4/3
    system.

    Be wary of what you read on the Web, as different people will have
    different opinions according (at least) to what factors they judge as
    important when assessing kit.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Apr 27, 2008