    Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
    up?

    "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

    richard, Dec 7, 2009

  2. richard

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:
    > http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
    >

    > While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
    > Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
    > company itself.
    >
    > Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
    > up?
    >
    > "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

    What's the matter? Is Google broken?

    http://www.sumitomotire.com/

    Sumitomo is a huge Japanese conglomerate. They've been
    around since 1919.

    http://www.sumitomocorp.co.jp/english/company/group/index.html

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Dec 7, 2009

  3. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The richard Post:
    > http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
    >

    > While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
    > Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
    > company itself.
    >
    > Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
    > up?
    >
    > "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

    It's free: Phone: (800) 895-1449 Give them a call.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Dec 7, 2009
  4. richard

    Old Codger Guest

    richard wrote:
    > http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
    >

    > While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
    > Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
    > company itself.
    >
    > Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
    > up?
    >
    > "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

    In the UK they manufacture Dunlop tyres
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunlop_Tyres

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Dec 7, 2009
  5. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
    > On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:40:25 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
    >>

    >> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
    >> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
    >> company itself.
    >>
    >> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
    >> up?

    > I could be wrong, but I believe they're the 'house' brand for Big-O,
    > Tire Kingdom and a few other tire companies. http://tbccorp.com/ .

    The name doesn't sound Pennsylvania Dutch to me. <g>

    OldGringo38, Dec 7, 2009
  6. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:17:12 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My Two
    > Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
    >> On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:40:25 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
    >>>

    >>> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
    >>> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
    >>> company itself.
    >>>
    >>> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company
    >>> shows up?

    >> I could be wrong, but I believe they're the 'house' brand for Big-O,
    >> Tire Kingdom and a few other tire companies. http://tbccorp.com/ .

    > The name doesn't sound Pennsylvania Dutch to me. <g>

    O'Motire could be an Irish name.

    :)

    --
    Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,
    And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,

    Aardvark, Dec 8, 2009
  7. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 15:10:23 -0800, Jordon wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
    >>

    >> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
    >> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
    >> company itself.
    >>
    >> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
    >> up?
    >>
    >> "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

    > What's the matter? Is Google broken?
    >
    > http://www.sumitomotire.com/
    >
    > Sumitomo is a huge Japanese conglomerate. They've been
    > around since 1919.
    >
    > http://www.sumitomocorp.co.jp/english/company/group/index.html

    google? what the **** is that you fucking dead brain jackass.
    What's the fucking first line in my original post?

    richard, Dec 8, 2009
  8. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:16:34 +0000, Old Codger wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
    >>

    >> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
    >> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
    >> company itself.
    >>
    >> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
    >> up?
    >>
    >> "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

    > In the UK they manufacture Dunlop tyres
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunlop_Tyres

    Under contract. Dunlop makes their own in the USA.

    richard, Dec 8, 2009
  9. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:
    > On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:17:12 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My Two
    >> Cents To The Evan Platt Post:

    >>> I could be wrong, but I believe they're the 'house' brand for Big-O,
    >>> Tire Kingdom and a few other tire companies. http://tbccorp.com/ .

    >> The name doesn't sound Pennsylvania Dutch to me. <g>

    > O'Motire could be an Irish name.
    >
    > :)

    lol

    OldGringo38, Dec 8, 2009
  10. richard

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Meat Plow Post:

    This is Anti-imploding: http://liberator.net/special/pic-tiny1.jpg

    OldGringo38, Dec 8, 2009
  11. richard

    Jenn Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:

    <snip>

    How do you get your newsreader to automatically insert this line ">In The
    Beginning...Two Cents to the .... Post" etc. into all your posts? Or do you
    add that manually?

    thanks,

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 8, 2009
  12. richard

    Jenn Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:17:12 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    > O'Motire could be an Irish name.
    >
    > :)

    I've wondered if you were Irish, Aardvark ...since it comes up alot when
    people talk with you, but I thought you were British. :)
    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 8, 2009
  13. richard

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 15:10:23 -0800, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> http://www.sumitomotire.com/History.aspx
    >>>

    >>> While at the tire dealer this morning I saw this brand on display.
    >>> Just who the hell are they? The site gives little information on the
    >>> company itself.
    >>>
    >>> Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and now this company shows
    >>> up?
    >>>
    >>> "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

    >> What's the matter? Is Google broken?
    >>
    >> http://www.sumitomotire.com/
    >>
    >> Sumitomo is a huge Japanese conglomerate. They've been
    >> around since 1919.
    >>
    >> http://www.sumitomocorp.co.jp/english/company/group/index.html

    > google? what the **** is that you fucking dead brain jackass.
    > What's the fucking first line in my original post?

    What in the **** was your question again?

    Let's see... first it was this one...

    "Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and
    now this company shows up?"

    and then it was this one, sort of...

    "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.

    Are you fucking serious? I mean, you posted a link to
    their web site but you can't figure out anything about
    the history of the company? And then you say: "Not too
    long ago..." in reference to Yokohama tires. Shit, I had
    Yokohama tires on my Honda in the 70's. Both Yokohama
    and Sumitomo has been making tires for close to 100 years.

    You are either brain dead, or you just like to see your
    own work posted on the Usenet, or both.

    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than
    to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Fits, doesn't
    it?

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Dec 8, 2009
  14. richard

    Jenn Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:09:51 -0600, "Jenn" <>wrote:
    >
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> How do you get your newsreader to automatically insert this line
    >> ">In The Beginning...Two Cents to the .... Post" etc. into all your
    >> posts? Or do you add that manually?
    >>
    >> thanks,

    > It's called an 'introduction' and whatever you use to read and post
    > has to have a field to modify and save it.

    Thanks for the info .. I'm using Outlook Newsreader with Quote-fix. I
    looked in Outlook Newsreader under tools > options and didn't find where I
    could add an introduction. Am I looking in the wrong place?

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 8, 2009
  15. richard

    Jenn Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:43:00 -0600, "Jenn" <>wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> It's called an 'introduction' and whatever you use to read and post
    >>> has to have a field to modify and save it.

    >> Thanks for the info .. I'm using Outlook Newsreader with Quote-fix.
    >> I looked in Outlook Newsreader under tools > options and didn't find
    >> where I could add an introduction. Am I looking in the wrong place?

    > Look in the help and search for 'introductions' I don't use Outlook
    > so I can only speculate if it's capable of modifying the default
    > intro.

    Well.. I looked there too and no luck .. so I reckon I can't do that setting
    with this particular newsreader.

    thanks for your help!

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 8, 2009
  16. richard

    Jordon Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 07:33:59 -0800, Jordon
    > <>wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:

    >>> google? what the **** is that you fucking dead brain jackass.
    >>> What's the fucking first line in my original post?

    >> What in the **** was your question again?
    >>
    >> Let's see... first it was this one...
    >>
    >> "Not to long we got introduced to Yokohoma tires and
    >> now this company shows up?"
    >>
    >> and then it was this one, sort of...
    >>
    >> "Who are those guys?" - Butch Cassidy.
    >>
    >> Are you fucking serious? I mean, you posted a link to
    >> their web site but you can't figure out anything about
    >> the history of the company? And then you say: "Not too
    >> long ago..." in reference to Yokohama tires. Shit, I had
    >> Yokohama tires on my Honda in the 70's. Both Yokohama
    >> and Sumitomo has been making tires for close to 100 years.
    >>
    >> You are either brain dead, or you just like to see your
    >> own work posted on the Usenet, or both.
    >>
    >> "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than
    >> to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Fits, doesn't
    >> it?

    > FYI
    > He has been known as Richard the St00pid for a decade.
    > HTH

    Sorry. Doesn't help. But thanks. I've been dealing with
    him for almost a decade.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Dec 8, 2009
  17. richard

    Jenn Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:43:00 -0600, Jenn wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for the info .. I'm using Outlook Newsreader with Quote-fix.
    >> I looked in Outlook Newsreader under tools > options and didn't find
    >> where I could add an introduction. Am I looking in the wrong place?

    > You are.
    >
    > Start Quotefix as a standalone application. The OEQ icon will appear
    > in your taskbar. Right click the icon then click 'Show Dialog'. A
    > Window opens, at the bottom right of which is a button labelled
    > 'Quote Header Style. Click the button. Click the radio button marked
    > 'News'. You've now found what you're looking for.
    >
    > Knock yourself out.

    ahhhhhhhhh .. the custom option! yeah! I saw that earlier today but since
    it didn't exactly reference 'introduction' I wasn't sure what to do with it.
    Nice! I'll have to play with it.

    thanks!

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)