    John Guest

    Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
    software to computer assemblers in NZ?

    John, Oct 9, 2007

  2. On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:

    > Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
    > software to computer assemblers in NZ?

    Is it not... Microsoft?

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Oct 9, 2007

  3. On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John <> wrote
    in <news:1191903801.253812@ftpsrv1>:

    > Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
    > software to computer assemblers in NZ?

    I wouldn't be too surprised if it is Microsoft NZ.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 9, 2007
  4. John

    John Guest

    "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:
    >
    >> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
    >> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

    > Is it not... Microsoft?
    >

    > --
    > Jonathan Walker
    >
    > "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
    > dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

    I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
    the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
    MICRO NZ LTD.

    John, Oct 9, 2007
  5. John

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <1191908824.403892@ftpsrv1>, says...

    > "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
    > >> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

    > > Is it not... Microsoft?
    > >

    > > --
    > > Jonathan Walker
    > >
    > > "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
    > > dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

    > I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
    > the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
    > MICRO NZ LTD.

    And Renaisonce (sp?)

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Oct 9, 2007
  6. On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:53:04 +1300, John wrote:

    >>> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
    >>> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

    >> Is it not... Microsoft?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Jonathan Walker
    >>
    >> "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
    >> dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

    > I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
    > the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
    > MICRO NZ LTD.

    Why would Micro$oft use two other companies to distribute its own software
    when it already has a network of offices to spread its FUD and to market
    its software here in NZ?

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Oct 9, 2007
  7. John

    Geoff Guest

    John wrote:
    > "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft
    >>> OEM software to computer assemblers in NZ?

    >> Is it not... Microsoft?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Jonathan Walker
    >>
    >> "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
    >> dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

    > I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my
    > research on the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES
    > LIMITED and INGRAM MICRO NZ LTD.

    Did you call them ?

    geoff

    Geoff, Oct 9, 2007
  8. John

    Alan Guest

    Ingram is certainly one.

    Microsoft aren't going to bother dealing with all the little
    assemblers - too expensive for them to manage.

    They will deal direct for larger accounts I imagine.

    Just my guesses!

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    Alan, Oct 10, 2007
  9. John

    thingy Guest

    John wrote:
    > "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:29:26 +1300, John wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is anyone able to tell me who are the main suppliers of microsoft OEM
    >>> software to computer assemblers in NZ?

    >> Is it not... Microsoft?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Jonathan Walker
    >>
    >> "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
    >> dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

    > I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
    > the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
    > MICRO NZ LTD.

    We used to buy our licences off Dove Electronics as we were too small
    for any direct contract as I recall.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Oct 10, 2007
  10. John

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Oct 10, 2007
  11. On Oct 9, 11:17 pm, Jonathan Walker <> wrote:

    > >> Is it not... Microsoft?

    > >> --
    > >> Jonathan Walker

    > >> "The IT industry landscape is littered with the dead
    > >> dreams of people who once trusted Microsoft."

    > > I don't think so. They have Microsoft OEM Distributors. From my research on
    > > the microsoft website it is BLACK DIAMOND TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED and INGRAM
    > > MICRO NZ LTD.

    > Why would Micro$oft use two other companies to distribute its own software
    > when it already has a network of offices to spread its FUD and to market
    > its software here in NZ?

    Microsoft NZ does not sell any software in New Zealand

    https://partner.microsoft.com/nz/40014697

    Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM) Software
    Ingram Micro
    BDT

    Microsoft New Zealand Authorised Distributors
    Express Data
    Ingram Micro

    Nathan Mercer, Oct 11, 2007