    Thanks,
    Me

    I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!
    Chris Tomlinson, May 19, 2006

  2. Chris Tomlinson

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Chris Tomlinson wrote:
    > Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers who
    > offer free calls to UK landlines?
    >
    > I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
    > weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money! ;)
    >
    > Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

    You want to find a company that will pay for your phone calls and pay
    for customer service/support people to answer your queries in a timely
    manner?
    Paul Cupis, May 19, 2006

  3. Chris Tomlinson

    ACDeag Guest

    Chris Tomlinson formulated the question :
    > Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers who
    > offer free calls to UK landlines?
    >
    > I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
    > weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money! ;)
    >
    > Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

    Try www.voip.co.uk, their website is a bit devoid of info, but they
    seem to answer all emails. You can even have secondary geographic phone
    numbers (that divert to main number)for only £2 each.
    ACDeag, May 19, 2006
  4. Chris Tomlinson

    Paul Cupis Guest

    ACDeag wrote:
    > Chris Tomlinson formulated the question :
    >> Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
    >> who offer free calls to UK landlines?
    >>
    >> I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries
    >> for weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money! ;)
    >>
    >> Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

    > Try www.voip.co.uk, their website is a bit devoid of info, but they seem
    > to answer all emails. You can even have secondary geographic phone
    > numbers (that divert to main number)for only £2 each.

    According to http://www.voip.co.uk/res_products.html, voip.co.uk charge
    1ppm for call UK landlines on their basic account. On their additional
    packs you can make this 2p or 0p for the first hour and then 1ppm at
    certain times of day.
    Paul Cupis, May 19, 2006
  5. "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    > Chris Tomlinson wrote:
    >> Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
    >> who
    >> offer free calls to UK landlines?
    >>
    >> I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
    >> weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money! ;)
    >>
    >> Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

    > You want to find a company that will pay for your phone calls and pay
    > for customer service/support people to answer your queries in a timely
    > manner?

    ....yes, because I will be paying them for all other calls such as those to
    mobiles, etc.

    Not too bothered about 'timely fashion' but 3 weeks is ridiculous. They may
    as well remove the contact form from their web site!
    Chris Tomlinson, May 19, 2006
  6. Chris Tomlinson

    Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:09:54 GMT, "Chris Tomlinson" <>
    wrote:

    >"Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    >> Chris Tomlinson wrote:
    >>> Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
    >>> who
    >>> offer free calls to UK landlines?
    >>>
    >>> I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
    >>> weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money! ;)
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

    >> You want to find a company that will pay for your phone calls and pay
    >> for customer service/support people to answer your queries in a timely
    >> manner?

    >...yes, because I will be paying them for all other calls such as those to
    >mobiles, etc.
    >
    >Not too bothered about 'timely fashion' but 3 weeks is ridiculous. They may
    >as well remove the contact form from their web site!

    Do stop moaning about this Chris usually I would be the first to
    complain about such things but Voipcheap provide such an excellent
    service I haven't had any cause for complaint . Since joining late
    last year I have made many calls via voipcheap many lasting over 45
    minutes and all of which have been free.
    However I agree with you up to a point if they do not want to reply to
    any messages from customers via the contact form which is provided
    they should remove it or have never have put it there in the first
    place .
    , May 19, 2006
  7. Chris Tomlinson

    ACDeag Guest

    on 19/05/2006, Paul Cupis supposed :
    > ACDeag wrote:
    >> Chris Tomlinson formulated the question :
    >>> Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
    >>> who offer free calls to UK landlines?
    >>>
    >>> I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries
    >>> for weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money! ;)
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

    >> Try www.voip.co.uk, their website is a bit devoid of info, but they seem
    >> to answer all emails. You can even have secondary geographic phone
    >> numbers (that divert to main number)for only £2 each.

    > According to http://www.voip.co.uk/res_products.html, voip.co.uk charge
    > 1ppm for call UK landlines on their basic account. On their additional
    > packs you can make this 2p or 0p for the first hour and then 1ppm at
    > certain times of day.

    I was thinking more of the £1.99 per month and get free evening/weekend
    calls etc.

    I do not believe anyone offers UK calls free at all times for no charge
    at all.
    ACDeag, May 19, 2006
  8. <> wrote in message

    >>Not too bothered about 'timely fashion' but 3 weeks is ridiculous. They
    >>may
    >>as well remove the contact form from their web site!
    >>

    > Do stop moaning about this Chris ...

    I was answering Paul's question. I don't keep moaning about it - I only
    mentioned it once.
    Chris Tomlinson, May 19, 2006
  9. Chris Tomlinson

    Graham Guest

    > I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
    > weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money! ;)

    Your loss Chris

    £5 for the last 6 months of all-the-uk-landline-calls-you-can-make.

    Plus my wife gets to call her friend in Australia as much as she wants

    *PLUS* I can use up the £5 on competitively priced mobile calls

    Even at the current £10, at these prices I will obtain any "support" I
    require

    From uktVoIP!

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, May 19, 2006
  10. Chris Tomlinson

    Guest

    On 19 May 2006 22:49:42 +0200, "Graham" <> wrote:

    >Your loss Chris
    >
    >£5 for the last 6 months of all-the-uk-landline-calls-you-can-make.
    >
    >Plus my wife gets to call her friend in Australia as much as she wants
    >
    >*PLUS* I can use up the £5 on competitively priced mobile calls

    I have been using Vcheap and Sipdiscount for out going calls and
    voipfone for incoming for quite a while now with no problems at all.
    Incidentally I thought the cash you paid to Vcheap ran out after three
    months but mine seems to keep going on and on I haven't actually used
    any of my original fiver yet :)) .
    , May 19, 2006
  11. Chris Tomlinson

    Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 20:43:21 GMT, "Chris Tomlinson" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >>>Not too bothered about 'timely fashion' but 3 weeks is ridiculous. They
    >>>may
    >>>as well remove the contact form from their web site!
    >>>

    >> Do stop moaning about this Chris ...

    >I was answering Paul's question. I don't keep moaning about it - I only
    >mentioned it once.

    Like Graham has stated your loss go sign up with that bloody German
    outfit now what was their name ???? and enjoy an hit and miss service.
    , May 19, 2006
  12. Chris Tomlinson

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Chris Tomlinson wrote:
    > "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    >> Chris Tomlinson wrote:
    >>> Hi all, do you good people have any recommendations for VoIP providers
    >>> who
    >>> offer free calls to UK landlines?
    >>>
    >>> I have looked at Voipcheap but they simply ignore my e-mail queries for
    >>> weeks, so I'm not going to give them my hard-earned money! ;)
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else you know of that isn't affiliated with them?

    >> You want to find a company that will pay for your phone calls and pay
    >> for customer service/support people to answer your queries in a timely
    >> manner?

    > ...yes, because I will be paying them for all other calls such as those to
    > mobiles, etc.
    >
    > Not too bothered about 'timely fashion' but 3 weeks is ridiculous. They may
    > as well remove the contact form from their web site!

    The problem is that a lot of people will signup for a number of services
    and use the loss-leader for each, which makes it partciularly
    ineffective for a single company to offer a loss-leader without trying
    to tie the customer into their service along.
    Paul Cupis, May 20, 2006
  13. <> wrote in message
    > On 19 May 2006 22:49:42 +0200, "Graham" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Your loss Chris
    >>
    >>£5 for the last 6 months of all-the-uk-landline-calls-you-can-make.
    >>
    >>Plus my wife gets to call her friend in Australia as much as she wants
    >>
    >>*PLUS* I can use up the £5 on competitively priced mobile calls

    > I have been using Vcheap and Sipdiscount for out going calls and
    > voipfone for incoming for quite a while now with no problems at all.
    > Incidentally I thought the cash you paid to Vcheap ran out after three
    > months but mine seems to keep going on and on I haven't actually used
    > any of my original fiver yet :)) .

    Guys let's not get all arsey. It's not a question of "your loss". I have
    legitimate reasons for needing their support, otherwise I physically cannot
    use the service or configure it. I didn't go into details as my question
    was simple - are there any other free landline providers?

    But since you have got into it, the problem is my Linksys PAP2 doesn't allow
    me to configure separate incoming and outgoing providers. I need to use
    Voipfone as my incoming provider as they're the only one that could port in
    my landline number. However with that setup, I cannot use Voipcheap for
    outgoing.

    The reason is that the PAP2 supports dial plans, but needs both in & out
    proxies to have the same username (it may be a bug but that's the facts).
    Voipfone requires all numerical, and Voipcheap requires one letter!
    Therefore I cannot share usernames and keep my landline (a must).

    So, back to my question now you have all the explanations you could need...

    Chris Tomlinson, May 20, 2006
  14. Chris Tomlinson

    Me Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 00:48:29 GMT, "Chris Tomlinson" <>
    wrote:

    >But since you have got into it, the problem is my Linksys PAP2 doesn't allow
    >me to configure separate incoming and outgoing providers. I need to use
    >Voipfone as my incoming provider as they're the only one that could port in
    >my landline number. However with that setup, I cannot use Voipcheap for
    >outgoing.
    >
    >The reason is that the PAP2 supports dial plans, but needs both in & out
    >proxies to have the same username (it may be a bug but that's the facts).
    >Voipfone requires all numerical, and Voipcheap requires one letter!
    >Therefore I cannot share usernames and keep my landline (a must).
    >
    >So, back to my question now you have all the explanations you could need...
    >are there any other free landline providers?

    The use sipdiscount.com for in and out.

    Me
    Me, May 20, 2006
  15. Chris Tomlinson

    andy Guest

    Chris Tomlinson wrote:
    > Guys let's not get all arsey. It's not a question of "your loss". I have
    > legitimate reasons for needing their support, otherwise I physically cannot
    > use the service or configure it. I didn't go into details as my question
    > was simple - are there any other free landline providers?
    >
    > But since you have got into it, the problem is my Linksys PAP2 doesn't allow
    > me to configure separate incoming and outgoing providers. I need to use
    > Voipfone as my incoming provider as they're the only one that could port in
    > my landline number. However with that setup, I cannot use Voipcheap for
    > outgoing.

    > So, back to my question now you have all the explanations you could need...
    > are there any other free landline providers?

    I don't see how any company can afford to provide a free service that
    includes support for hardware they did not supply
    andy, May 20, 2006
  16. Chris Tomlinson

    Paul Cupis Guest

    andy wrote:
    > Chris Tomlinson wrote:
    >> Guys let's not get all arsey. It's not a question of "your loss". I have
    >> legitimate reasons for needing their support, otherwise I physically cannot
    >> use the service or configure it. I didn't go into details as my question
    >> was simple - are there any other free landline providers?
    >>
    >> But since you have got into it, the problem is my Linksys PAP2 doesn't allow
    >> me to configure separate incoming and outgoing providers. I need to use
    >> Voipfone as my incoming provider as they're the only one that could port in
    >> my landline number. However with that setup, I cannot use Voipcheap for
    >> outgoing.

    >> So, back to my question now you have all the explanations you could need...
    >> are there any other free landline providers?

    > I don't see how any company can afford to provide a free service that
    > includes support for hardware they did not supply

    Especially when providing the calls will incur costs for the company
    which the customer is not going to be paying for.
    Paul Cupis, May 20, 2006
  17. "Me" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 20 May 2006 00:48:29 GMT, "Chris Tomlinson" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>But since you have got into it, the problem is my Linksys PAP2 doesn't
    >>allow
    >>me to configure separate incoming and outgoing providers. I need to use
    >>Voipfone as my incoming provider as they're the only one that could port
    >>in
    >>my landline number. However with that setup, I cannot use Voipcheap for
    >>outgoing.
    >>
    >>The reason is that the PAP2 supports dial plans, but needs both in & out
    >>proxies to have the same username (it may be a bug but that's the facts).
    >>Voipfone requires all numerical, and Voipcheap requires one letter!
    >>Therefore I cannot share usernames and keep my landline (a must).
    >>
    >>So, back to my question now you have all the explanations you could
    >>need...
    >>are there any other free landline providers?

    > The use sipdiscount.com for in and out.
    >
    > Me

    Again, "I need to use Voipfone as my incoming provider as they're the only
    one that could port in my landline number". Sipdiscount are the company as
    Voipcheap and cannot.

    Chris Tomlinson, May 20, 2006
  18. Chris Tomlinson

    wrote:

    >The reason is that the PAP2 supports dial plans, but needs both in & out
    >proxies to have the same username (it may be a bug but that's the facts).
    >Voipfone requires all numerical, and Voipcheap requires one letter!
    >Therefore I cannot share usernames and keep my landline (a must).

    Chris you are doing your best to make this hard work what you are
    saying here was discussed a week or two ago ,personally I can't be
    bothered prating around with dial plans I use one line on the pap2 for
    voipfone for in bound calls and the second line for outbound Voipcheap
    calls. I have my Sipdiscount number on a second PAP2
    along with another providers number .
    , May 20, 2006
  19. <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 20 May 2006 00:48:29 GMT, "Chris Tomlinson" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>The reason is that the PAP2 supports dial plans, but needs both in & out
    >>proxies to have the same username (it may be a bug but that's the facts).
    >>Voipfone requires all numerical, and Voipcheap requires one letter!
    >>Therefore I cannot share usernames and keep my landline (a must).

    > Chris you are doing your best to make this hard work what you are
    > saying here was discussed a week or two ago ,personally I can't be
    > bothered prating around with dial plans I use one line on the pap2 for
    > voipfone for in bound calls and the second line for outbound Voipcheap
    > calls. I have my Sipdiscount number on a second PAP2
    > along with another providers number .

    So let me get this straight - how many telephone handsets do you have on
    your desk... 4? Even 2 is 1 too many for me. I use a cordless phone and
    can't have 4 of them floating around wondering which one is ringing. You
    talk about hard work! :p

    Chris Tomlinson, May 20, 2006
  20. Chris Tomlinson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Chris Tomlinson" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > So let me get this straight - how many telephone handsets
    > do you have on your desk... 4? Even 2 is 1 too many for
    > me. I use a cordless phone and can't have 4 of them
    > floating around wondering which one is ringing. You talk
    > about hard work! :p

    I have two phones, plus a single DECT cordless one. All my incoming lines
    from 2 ATA's run through a small PABX, which can be configured to ring any
    combination of extensions for an incoming call on any or all lines. I
    currently have it set so that my 2 UK Sipgate lines each ring one line
    into a BT Converse 2025 2-line phone, my Sipgate.de line rings both of
    them together, as does a call coming in via my ipkall US number. The
    Gradwell number rings a separate phone. However all of them cause my DECT
    cordless phone to ring as well, so I only need to carry one phone if I'm
    wandering about anywhere.

    I can use any phone to make an outgoing call on any line, including the
    host BT line by dialling a 2-digit prefix.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 20, 2006