Who makes these?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by turtill@hotmail.com, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Sep 6, 2006

  2. Guest

    , Sep 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:52:09 -0700, wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>I believe these are called 'K' gates but I cannot find any information
    >>on google about who makes them. Does anyone know who makes these or
    >>even a web site for the manufacturer please?
    >>See http://static.flickr.com/50/165029517_28e15e93f3_b.jpg
    >>pete

    >Is this on again... go back a few months ago and read your replies to
    >the same question.

    !!! I have never asked about these before.
    pete

    --
    http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

    , Sep 6, 2006
  4. Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/zy5jg

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , Sep 7, 2006
  5. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:06:43 -0700, wrote:

    > wrote:

    >>>Is this on again... go back a few months ago and read your replies to
    >>>the same question.

    >>!!! I have never asked about these before.

    >http://tinyurl.com/zy5jg

    I stand corrected. Now some more of these things have been installed
    and my interest is again aroused. I never go the answer last time I
    asked.
    pete

  6. Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:11:20 +0100, wrote:

    >I stand corrected. Now some more of these things have been installed
    >and my interest is again aroused. I never go the answer last time I
    >asked.

    Yeah, you did. You got quite a few responses.

    Evan Platt, Sep 7, 2006
  7. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:17:52 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:11:20 +0100, wrote:
    >
    >>I stand corrected. Now some more of these things have been installed
    >>and my interest is again aroused. I never go the answer last time I
    >>asked.

    >Yeah, you did. You got quite a few responses.

    Yes I got responses but not answers.
    pete

  8. Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    > I believe these are called 'K' gates but I cannot find any information
    > on google about who makes them. Does anyone know who makes these or
    > even a web site for the manufacturer please?
    > See http://static.flickr.com/50/165029517_28e15e93f3_b.jpg
    > pete
    > --
    > http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

    Today a new 'K' gate has been erected by IBC but it is in Suffolk
    Coastals area. Now kids on motorcycles can get through and create
    mayhem but cars still cannot.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/236245879/

    Contact IBC who ever the hell they are.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Sep 7, 2006
  9. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-09-06, <> wrote:
    > I believe these are called 'K' gates but I cannot find any information
    > on google about who makes them. Does anyone know who makes these or
    > even a web site for the manufacturer please?
    > See http://static.flickr.com/50/165029517_28e15e93f3_b.jpg
    > pete

    The answer still has to be "anyone who can bash metal", just like last
    time you asked ;))

    If the problem is that access controls to a public area are not working as
    they should, then you will have to take it up with whoever administers
    that area. The maker of the 'gate' is not responsible for his customer
    ordering an inappropriate design.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 7, 2006
  10. Guest

    On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 02:27:34 GMT, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    >Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    >> I believe these are called 'K' gates but I cannot find any information
    >> on google about who makes them. Does anyone know who makes these or
    >> even a web site for the manufacturer please?
    >> See http://static.flickr.com/50/165029517_28e15e93f3_b.jpg

    >Today a new 'K' gate has been erected by IBC but it is in Suffolk
    >Coastals area. Now kids on motorcycles can get through and create
    >mayhem but cars still cannot.
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/236245879/
    >
    >Contact IBC who ever the hell they are.

    Ipswich Borough Council will not tell me the time of day. These gates
    are being erected across Foot Path and Byways to prevent people drive
    to the fore shore of the River Orwell. Something locals have been doig
    since the last war.
    pete
    --
    http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

    , Sep 7, 2006
  11. Guest

    On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:21:22 +0100, Whiskers <>
    wrote:

    >On 2006-09-06, <> wrote:
    >> I believe these are called 'K' gates but I cannot find any information
    >> on google about who makes them. Does anyone know who makes these or
    >> even a web site for the manufacturer please?
    >> See http://static.flickr.com/50/165029517_28e15e93f3_b.jpg
    >> pete

    >The answer still has to be "anyone who can bash metal", just like last
    >time you asked ;))
    >
    >If the problem is that access controls to a public area are not working as
    >they should, then you will have to take it up with whoever administers
    >that area. The maker of the 'gate' is not responsible for his customer
    >ordering an inappropriate design.

    The problem is they're downright dangerous to people in electric
    wheelchairs and I want to see if they have any standards approval.
    pete

  12. The Doctor Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I believe these are called 'K' gates but I cannot find any
    >information
    > on google about who makes them. Does anyone know who makes
    > these or
    > even a web site for the manufacturer please?
    > See http://static.flickr.com/50/165029517_28e15e93f3_b.jpg
    > pete
    > --
    > http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

    How about your local light engineering workshop. I couldn't
    build one but it doesn't look like it'd be a problem for
    someone with the right gear & knowledge.

    The Doctor, Sep 7, 2006
  13. Guest

    On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 00:47:25 +0930, "The Doctor" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>I believe these are called 'K' gates but I cannot find any
    >>information
    >> on google about who makes them. Does anyone know who makes
    >> these or
    >> even a web site for the manufacturer please?
    >> See http://static.flickr.com/50/165029517_28e15e93f3_b.jpg

    >How about your local light engineering workshop. I couldn't
    >build one but it doesn't look like it'd be a problem for
    >someone with the right gear & knowledge.

    Unfortunately these things are shipped in and are not made locally.
    They have a mark on them of a reversed B and ordinary K and are
    referred to as "K" gates.
    pete

  14. Whiskers Guest

    ..---<http://www.ramblers.org.uk/footpaths/research/advicenote7.html#Design>
    | [...]
    |
    | Design
    |
    | There is no statutory design, height or width to which stiles and gates
    | must comply. This is because each site differs according to the slope of
    | the ground, the condition of the fence, wall or hedge and the materials to
    | hand. Indeed the diversity of stile and gates designs found throughout
    | England and Wales is generally considered to be an attractive feature of
    | the path network and one that should be perpetuated, provided that they
    | are maintained in a safe condition and are convenient for all users,
    | including the elderly and less able, to cross.
    |
    | However, the British Standard BS5709:2001 on Gaps, Gates and Stiles (1)
    | provides specifications for stiles and gates to ensure that they cause the
    | minimum of inconvenience to users whilst fulfilling the requirement of
    | substantially preventing the passage of animals. BS5709:2001 states that
    | the least restrictive option should be chosen, in order of this
    | preference: (a) gap (b) gate (c) kissing gate (d) stile. Specifications
    | are provided to allow use with pushchairs, wheelchairs and other mobility
    | vehicles, RADAR keys, horses and dogs. The RA promotes the least
    | restrictive option policy.
    |
    | Footpaths: A Practical Handbook by BTCV (2) states that the important
    | elements to consider for stile and gate construction are durability,
    | appropriate design for ease of use by elderly or disabled people and
    | walkers with dogs, frequency and quantity of use and the type of stock in
    | the field.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Further reading
    |
    | (1) Gaps, Gates and Stiles - Specification BS 5709:2001 British Standards
    | Institution, 2001. (Available from BSI, 389 Chiswick High Road, London, W4
    | 4AL; tel. 020 8996 9000; price GBP66 to non-BSI members)
    |
    | (2) Footpaths: a practical handbook Elizabeth Agate, published by the
    | British Trust for Conservation Volunteers, 163 Balby Road, Doncaster,
    | South Yorkshire. DN4 0RH, tel: 01302 572 244, fax: 01302 310167
    |
    | (3) Rights of Way: A Guide to Law and Practice John Riddall & John
    | Trevelyan, Open Spaces Society and Ramblers' Association, 2001. See
    | especially Chapter 9. GBP20.00 plus 5.50 p&p from RA Central Office
    '-----

    (Try your local library for those publications).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 7, 2006
  15. Guest

    On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:34:44 +0100, Whiskers <>
    wrote:

> [...]

    >| the field.
    >|
    >| [...]
    >|
    >| Further reading
    >|
    >| (1) Gaps, Gates and Stiles - Specification BS 5709:2001 British Standards
    >| Institution, 2001. (Available from BSI, 389 Chiswick High Road, London, W4
    >| 4AL; tel. 020 8996 9000; price GBP66 to non-BSI members)
    >|
    >| (2) Footpaths: a practical handbook Elizabeth Agate, published by the
    >| British Trust for Conservation Volunteers, 163 Balby Road, Doncaster,
    >| South Yorkshire. DN4 0RH, tel: 01302 572 244, fax: 01302 310167
    >|
    >| (3) Rights of Way: A Guide to Law and Practice John Riddall & John
    >| Trevelyan, Open Spaces Society and Ramblers' Association, 2001. See
    >| especially Chapter 9. GBP20.00 plus 5.50 p&p from RA Central Office
    >'-----
    >
    >(Try your local library for those publications).

    I will make a note of the first two as I already have the 3rd being a
    member of the RA and the Open Spaces Society and Foot Path Worker
    thanks.
    pete