    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Jim Watt

    kulm_nd Guest

    Which Windows, netstat is builtin to some versions:

    "Displays protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections.

    NETSTAT [-a] [-e] [-n] [-o] [-s] [-p proto] [-r] [interval]

    -a Displays all connections and listening ports.
    -e Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with
    the -s
    option.
    -n Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form.
    -o Displays the owning process ID associated with each
    connection.
    -p proto Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; proto
    may be any of: TCP, UDP, TCPv6, or UDPv6. If used with
    the -s
    option to display per-protocol statistics, proto may be any
    of:
    IP, IPv6, ICMP, ICMPv6, TCP, TCPv6, UDP, or UDPv6.
    -r Displays the routing table.
    -s Displays per-protocol statistics. By default, statistics
    are
    shown for IP, IPv6, ICMP, ICMPv6, TCP, TCPv6, UDP, and
    UDPv6;
    the -p option may be used to specify a subset of the
    default.
    interval Redisplays selected statistics, pausing interval seconds
    between each display. Press CTRL+C to stop redisplaying
    statistics. If omitted, netstat will print the current
    configuration information once."

    I usually use netstat -o -a

    g-w

    kulm_nd, Apr 15, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    _way says...
    > This may be a dumb question, but is there a good
    > free utility which shows and logs which programs or
    > processes are using network resources, apart from installing
    > something like zonealarm ?
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    you must be trolling...

    you've been posting in here for quite some time now... answering
    questions with replies that range from dead on to obscure.. but this
    question, coming from a regular in here, a regular that contributes
    often, frightens me. are you just regurgitating stuff you read on other
    sites and not thinking about it? surely you have by now, enough research
    skills to find this information out on your own?

    you must be trolling...

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/