    Detecon Deutsche Telepost Com

    Deutsche Telekom AG

    Berlin, Germany
    john, Oct 19, 2006

  2. john

    Rick Merrill Guest

    john wrote:

    > 194 . 25 . 26 . 102
    >
    > Detecon Deutsche Telepost Com
    >
    > Deutsche Telekom AG
    >
    > Berlin, Germany

    > OrgName: Hewlett-Packard Company
    > OrgID: HP
    > Address: 3000 Hanover Street
    > City: Palo Alto
    > StateProv: CA
    > PostalCode: 94304
    > Country: US

    What's it to you?
    Rick Merrill, Oct 19, 2006

  3. john

    john Guest

    Rick Merrill wrote:
    > john wrote:
    >
    >> 194 . 25 . 26 . 102
    >>
    >> Detecon Deutsche Telepost Com
    >>
    >> Deutsche Telekom AG
    >>
    >> Berlin, Germany

    >> OrgName: Hewlett-Packard Company OrgID: HP
    >> Address: 3000 Hanover Street
    >> City: Palo Alto
    >> StateProv: CA
    >> PostalCode: 94304
    >> Country: US

    > What's it to you?

    They connected to my computer while I was browsing newsgroups. It tied
    everything up. I ran netstat and got the ip number.
    john, Oct 19, 2006
  4. john

    Ant Guest

    "john" wrote:

    > Rick Merrill wrote:
    >> john wrote:
    >>> 194 . 25 . 26 . 102

    It's in the block 194.25.26.64 to 194.25.26.127 which belongs to
    Akamai Techologies. They are an Internet content distribution service.

    >>> Deutsche Telekom AG

    They are the ISP providing the wires.

    >>> OrgName: Hewlett-Packard Company OrgID: HP

    I don't see how HP figures in this.

    >> What's it to you?

    > They connected to my computer while I was browsing newsgroups.

    Things don't connect to your computer unless you are running software
    which is listening for, and capable of receiving connections.

    > It tied everything up. I ran netstat and got the ip number.

    So what port did it use, and what program or service was listening on
    the port that accepted the connection?
    Ant, Oct 20, 2006
  5. john

    john Guest

    Ant wrote:
    > "john" wrote:
    >
    >> Rick Merrill wrote:

    > It's in the block 194.25.26.64 to 194.25.26.127 which belongs to
    > Akamai Techologies. They are an Internet content distribution service.

    > They are the ISP providing the wires.

    > I don't see how HP figures in this.
    >
    >>> What's it to you?

    >> They connected to my computer while I was browsing newsgroups.

    > Things don't connect to your computer unless you are running software
    > which is listening for, and capable of receiving connections.
    >
    >> It tied everything up. I ran netstat and got the ip number.

    > So what port did it use, and what program or service was listening on
    > the port that accepted the connection?

    I'm not that much up on the intricacies of net operation.
    I didn't take note of the port or how much information was exchanged.
    I do have a Hewlett printer but it wasn't on.
    john, Oct 20, 2006
  6. john

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:50:57 -0700, john <@global.net> wrote:

    >I'm not that much up on the intricacies of net operation.
    >I didn't take note of the port or how much information was exchanged.
    >I do have a Hewlett printer but it wasn't on.

    Akamai Techologies are regarded as harmless and are used
    to deliver content which requires larger bandwidth so that
    website owners can serve their users better.

    You probably connected to them, or rather your web browser
    did.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com