    Does anyone know this guy?
    What does his company do... send spam?
    Does he personally use Botox?

    dd, Aug 1, 2009

  2. dd

    Mike Easter Guest

    dd wrote:
    > I am getting spam from this person's firm.

    Why don't you filter your spam so that you won't be getting it in your
    inbox and opening it and reading it.

    If you want to practice your meatspace identity sleuthing skills,
    there's plenty of material to work on for that persona.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 1, 2009

  3. dd

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing dd <> bada bang:
    > I am getting spam from this person's firm.
    > <snip>

    > Does anyone know this guy?
    > What does his company do... send spam?
    > Does he personally use Botox?

    I think he's the person whose address you are splashing around to
    try and decrease the signal to noise of his mail account and
    phone number.

    Mike "HTH and HAND" Yetto
    --
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
    - William of Ockham

    Mike Yetto, Aug 1, 2009
  4. dd

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 14:53:28 -0700, Any one wrote:

    > dd wrote on 01-Aug-09 10:59 :
    >> I am getting spam from this person's firm. Dean J. Pompilio
    >> MGM Technology Solutions
    >>
    >> 312-420-1298
    >>
    >> Does anyone know this guy?

    > no.

    Not even his parents???????????

    Aardvark, Aug 1, 2009
  5. dd

    chuckcar Guest

    On 01 Aug 2009, you wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > dd wrote:
    >> I am getting spam from this person's firm.
    >> Dean J. Pompilio
    >> MGM Technology Solutions
    >>
    >> 312-420-1298
    >>
    >> Does anyone know this guy?
    >> What does his company do... send spam?
    >> Does he personally use Botox?

    > Isn't that the guy that demanded a half mil and bailed out somewhere
    > over Oregon?

    No that guys name was D.B. Libby. He got caught shortly afterwards.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 2, 2009
  6. chuckcar wrote:

    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Isn't that the guy that demanded a half mil and bailed out somewhere
    >> over Oregon?
    >>

    > No that guys name was D.B. Libby. He got caught shortly afterwards.

    <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.

    It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon. The
    case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 2, 2009
  7. dd

    chuckcar Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:
    >>> Isn't that the guy that demanded a half mil and bailed out somewhere
    >>> over Oregon?
    >>>

    >> No that guys name was D.B. Libby. He got caught shortly afterwards.

    > <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.
    >
    > It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon. The
    > case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

    Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of his
    "ride".

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 2, 2009
  8. dd

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:44:05 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar wrote:

    >>> No that guys name was D.B. Libby. He got caught shortly afterwards.

    >> <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.
    >>
    >> It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon.
    >> The case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
    >>

    > Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of his
    > "ride".

    Cite.

    Aardvark, Aug 2, 2009
  9. dd

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:21:13 -0500, The Old Sourdough <> wrote:

    > Aardvark mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:44:05 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    >>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    >>> Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of his
    >>> "ride".

    >> Cite.

    >He won't be able to, and consequently will drop out of the thread.

    Yes. I can certainly cite where he's totally wrong. Again.

    http://www.fbi.gov/page2/dec07/dbcooper123107.html

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Aug 2, 2009
  10. dd

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:28:15 -0500, Mara wrote:

    > On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:21:13 -0500, The Old Sourdough <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Cite.

    >>He won't be able to, and consequently will drop out of the thread.

    > Yes. I can certainly cite where he's totally wrong. Again.

    But he was pretty close, wasn't he? He must have forgotten to put ''nt' on
    the end of 'was' in that sentence.

    Aardvark, Aug 2, 2009
  11. dd

    RickMerrill Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:
    >>> Isn't that the guy that demanded a half mil and bailed out somewhere
    >>> over Oregon?
    >>>

    >> No that guys name was D.B. Libby. He got caught shortly afterwards.

    > <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.
    >
    > It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon. The
    > case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

    BS is correct!

    I mean BTS is correct.

    RickMerrill, Aug 2, 2009
  12. RickMerrill wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> No that guys name was D.B. Libby. He got caught shortly afterwards.

    >> <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.
    >>
    >> It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon.
    >> The case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

    > BS is correct!
    >
    > I mean BTS is correct.

    Maybe there was a D. B. *Libby* who was caught?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 2, 2009
  13. On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:28:15 -0500, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
    of the trolls Mara was heard to say:

    > On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:21:13 -0500, The Old Sourdough <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Cite.

    >>He won't be able to, and consequently will drop out of the thread.

    > Yes. I can certainly cite where he's totally wrong. Again.
    >
    > http://www.fbi.gov/page2/dec07/dbcooper123107.html

    Maybe he's thinking of D.B.Goomer, who tried to hijack an mule & got lost
    in the forest for a month!

    --
    It takes time, this. One slight error in any of my thirteen billion
    calculations and we'll be blasted to smithereens.

    William Poaster, Aug 2, 2009
  14. dd

    chuckcar Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:44:05 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    >>> <guffaw!> Your guessing machine needs a tune-up.
    >>>
    >>> It was "D. B. Cooper" who hijacked a 727 and bailed out over Oregon.
    >>> The case is still open, as he was never caught, or found.
    >>>
    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
    >>>

    >> Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of his
    >> "ride".

    > Cite.

    http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F6081EF8355A137B93C2A8178FD
    85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st=cse

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 3, 2009
  15. chuckcar wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> chuckcar wrote:

    >>> Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of
    >>> his "ride".

    >> Cite.

    > http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F6081EF8355A137B93C2A8178FD
    > 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st=cse

    ........................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    That article (the paragraph you can read without paying) isn't about D.
    B. Cooper (aka Dan Cooper). D. B. was not an experienced skydiver. This
    guy's name was Richard F. McCoy Jr. who was caught, sentenced,
    imprisoned, then escaped in 1974. He was shot dead a few months later in
    a battle with law enforcement.

    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/scams/DB_Cooper/9.html

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 3, 2009
  16. dd

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:56:32 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:44:05 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    >>> Another case where wiki f*cks up. He was caught within a month of his
    >>> "ride".

    >> Cite.

    > http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?

    res=F6081EF8355A137B93C2A8178FD
    > 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st=cse

    Oh, *that* guy?

    The one who the FBI (link provided by Mara) say on their site was alibied
    to the hilt?

    Aardvark, Aug 3, 2009
  17. dd

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Cite.

    >> http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F6081EF8355A137B93C2A817
    >> 8FD 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st=cse

    > .......................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > That article (the paragraph you can read without paying) isn't about D.
    > B. Cooper (aka Dan Cooper). D. B. was not an experienced skydiver. This
    > guy's name was Richard F. McCoy Jr. who was caught, sentenced,
    > imprisoned, then escaped in 1974. He was shot dead a few months later in
    > a battle with law enforcement.
    >
    > http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/scams/DB_Cooper/9.html

    D B Cooper could *easily* have been a pseudonym. They asked for a cite, I
    gave one. For someone arrested *and* charged for *that* hijacking. I'm not
    going to get into an argument about who had the better lawyer or who was
    "innocent" or not. That's been decided as much as it ever will be. He got
    off, but lost the money and did time. Hardly scott free. Proof was asked
    for and was given. Show be D B cooper's birth certificate or shut up.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 3, 2009
  18. dd

    chuckcar Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:56:32 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark <> wrote in

    >>> Cite.

    >> http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?

    > res=F6081EF8355A137B93C2A8178FD
    >> 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st=cse

    > Oh, *that* guy?
    >
    > The one who the FBI (link provided by Mara) say on their site was
    > alibied to the hilt?

    Arrested and charged. Good enough for OJ, Good enough proof for anyone.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 3, 2009
  19. chuckcar wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> chuckcar wrote:

    >>> http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F6081EF8355A137B93C2A817
    >>> 8FD 85F468785F9&scp=2&sq=d%20b%20cooper%20arrested&st=cse

    >> ..........................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>
    >> That article (the paragraph you can read without paying) isn't about
    >> D. B. Cooper (aka Dan Cooper). D. B. was not an experienced
    >> skydiver. This guy's name was Richard F. McCoy Jr. who was caught,
    >> sentenced, imprisoned, then escaped in 1974. He was shot dead a few
    >> months later in a battle with law enforcement.
    >>
    >> http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/scams/DB_Cooper/9.html
    >>

    > D B Cooper could *easily* have been a pseudonym.

    Duh! Of course it was!

    > They asked for a cite, I gave one.

    I could give you lots of cites to unrelated things, too.

    > For someone arrested *and* charged for *that* hijacking.

    The person known as D. B. Cooper was never arrested and charged. How
    could you think that; he was never found.

    > I'm not going to get into an argument about who had the better lawyer
    > or who was "innocent" or not.

    Why are you bringing up lawyers? Nobody has mentioned lawyers.

    > That's been decided as much as it ever will be. He got off, but lost
    > the money and did time.

    How do you "get off" and do time?

    > Hardly scott free. Proof was asked for and was given.

    Not by you.

    > Show be [me?] D B cooper's birth certificate or shut up.

    You want a birth certificate for a *pseudonym*? Geez. C'mon, make up
    some more shit!

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 3, 2009
  20. dd

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 00:16:27 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >chuckcar wrote:

    <snipped chuckar's backpeddaling>

    >> Show be [me?] D B cooper's birth certificate or shut up.

    >You want a birth certificate for a *pseudonym*? Geez. C'mon, make up
    >some more shit!

    Oh, come on. Wasn't it bad enough before, without encouraging CtS further?

    Eaugh.

    Mara, Aug 3, 2009