  1. Geddy Lee's got my vote. Half hearted appologies to any canadians
    reading this but that guy is the most overrated bassist ever, might as
    well listen to a cow farting.

    Tony Parkinson, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Tony Parkinson

    Harvey James Guest

    sid vicious

    Harvey James, Apr 9, 2004

  3. In message <>,
    Harvey James <> writes
    >sid vicious

    Was he the bass player?, I was never a Sex Pistols fan, but I saw a
    video on a music channels a few weeks ago - the bass player was
    absolutely pathetic - I heard he was only there because he was related
    to one of the others.
    --
    Nigel Goodwin
    C.Farmer Ltd.

    Nigel Goodwin, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Tony Parkinson

    Henry! Guest

    Wenn I started bass, a friend of mine called me Sid.
    Because of the bass, and because I was vicious with girls.
    (now, my wife calls me Googley Bear, like in Monsters, Inc. It's true that
    physically, I'm halfay between the Terminator and Yogi the bear).
    Anyway, he was the bass player, and he made a lot more for his band that for
    bass playing.
    --
    Henry!
    "Your shoes have got to match what colour guitar you're playing. I had this

    Henry!, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Tony Parkinson

    EGO Guest

    (Tony Parkinson) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Geddy Lee's got my vote. Half hearted appologies to any canadians
    > reading this but that guy is the most overrated bassist ever, might as
    > well listen to a cow farting.

    Rush fans, and the Cyberspace Anti-Troll Coalition are not biting.

    EGO, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Tony Parkinson

    EGO, Apr 9, 2004
  7. Tony Parkinson

    Georgio Guest

    In article <>, (Tony Parkinson) wrote:

    > Geddy Lee's got my vote. Half hearted appologies to any canadians
    > reading this but that guy is the most overrated bassist ever, might as
    > well listen to a cow farting.

    are you deaf??

    georgio

    --
    spammers suck!!!
    remover the *no spam* part in my email for reply

    Georgio, Apr 9, 2004
  8. Nikki Sixx...Motley Crue.

    Matt Sullivan, Apr 10, 2004
  9. Tony Parkinson

    JP Guest

    Wait wait wait wait... I get it. Last name is Parkinson, right? Could it be
    that this chronic condition affects the brain as well?
    ;-)

    JP

    JP, Apr 10, 2004
  10. Tony Parkinson

    Alan N Guest

    In article <>,
    (Tony Parkinson) wrote:

    > Geddy Lee's got my vote. Half hearted appologies to any canadians
    > reading this but that guy is the most overrated bassist ever, might as
    > well listen to a cow farting.

    You must be deaf. I would like to hear you play bass.

    And I'm american.

    Alan N, Apr 10, 2004
  11. It's not fair to pick Sid Vicious. They couldn't play and that was half the
    point. It would be like telling a cubist that his portraits don't look very
    realistic. The Worst should be someone who actually believed that they were
    good.

    Stephan Bennet, Apr 10, 2004
  12. Tony Parkinson

    David Guest

    "Harvey James" <> wrote in message
    > sid vicious

    I second that

    David, Apr 10, 2004
  13. Tony Parkinson

    Thom Guest

    I dunno, the guitarist for the Sex Pistols...compared to modern day
    punk guitarists was by comparrison a virtuoso. He played some really
    neat 50's guitar riffs. As for the rest of the band....well it is
    punk.

    -Thom

    Thom, Apr 10, 2004
  14. Tony Parkinson

    howard Guest

    "Stephan Bennet" <> wrote in message
    > It's not fair to pick Sid Vicious. They couldn't play and that was half

    the
    > point. It would be like telling a cubist that his portraits don't look

    very
    > realistic. The Worst should be someone who actually believed that they

    were
    > good.

    Sorry, they *were* good. Only sad old hippies said they
    couldn't play. Glen Matlock was the original bass player
    and co-wrote 'Never mind the Bollocks', one of Britain's
    finest albums which inspired *many* young bands.

    All the 'hype' came fron Malc 'the Talc', the 'manager'.

    Please don't argue !

    howard, Apr 10, 2004
  15. Tony Parkinson

    Thom Guest

    Nikki Sixx isn't a great bassist, but I don't know if I would go so
    far as saying he is the worst bassist ever. Besides, the new Brides
    of Destruction stuff is really good...simple bass lines, but great
    guitar and great vocals.

    -Thom

    Thom, Apr 10, 2004
  16. Alright, I'll buy that. Not the worst ever, but still, not very good.

    Matt Sullivan, Apr 10, 2004
  17. Tony Parkinson

    George Mann Guest

    (Tony Parkinson) wrote in

    > Geddy Lee's got my vote. Half hearted appologies to any canadians
    > reading this but that guy is the most overrated bassist ever, might as
    > well listen to a cow farting.

    Only an idiot would accuse Getty of being anything but one of the best!

    George Mann, Apr 14, 2004