    ps, I dont want a contract or any ongoing monthly charges and would want to
    do it on a 'pay as you go' system, just as I do with Sipgate now.

    Thanks

    Steve P, Dec 12, 2008

  2. Steve P

    Graham. Guest

    "Steve P" <private6576568764@spamtrap.000> wrote in message
    news:ghtgi7$3h9$...
    >I am currently with Sipgate, but just wondered if anyone knows of a cheaper
    > provider of UK fixed line calls? I like Sipgate, it works for me, but is
    > there better and cheaper out there for UK calls?
    >
    > ps, I dont want a contract or any ongoing monthly charges and would want
    > do it on a 'pay as you go' system, just as I do with Sipgate now.
    >
    > Thanks

    http://www.smslisto.com/en/calling-rates.html

    UK landlines are free (with conditions)
    Look at the UK mobile rate too.
    No incoming calls though, so if you need them, use your sipgate
    account, assuming your device can handle two accounts.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 12, 2008

  3. Steve P

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:ghtgi7$3h9$,
    Steve P <private6576568764@spamtrap.000> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    :
    : ps, I dont want a contract or any ongoing monthly charges and would
    : want to do it on a 'pay as you go' system, just as I do with Sipgate
    : now.
    :
    : Thanks

    You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 12, 2008
  4. Steve P

    Ken Ross Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    >
    > Ivor

    When did I say that?

    Ken Ross, Dec 12, 2008
  5. Steve P

    Ken Ross Guest

    "Ken Ross" <688689@spamtrap.000> wrote in message

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > When did I say that?

    Sorry I should have said when did he say that?
    No-one said 1.19p was expensive, but compared to FREE it sounds quite
    expensive to me.

    Ken Ross, Dec 12, 2008
  6. Steve P

    Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:01:33 -0000, "Ken Ross" <688689@spamtrap.000>
    wrote:

    >"Ken Ross" <688689@spamtrap.000> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    >> >
    >> > Ivor

    >> When did I say that?

    >Sorry I should have said when did he say that?
    >No-one said 1.19p was expensive, but compared to FREE it sounds quite
    >expensive to me.

    Where can you get totally free calls Ken ? but 1.19 is expensive
    compared with voipcheap's all the calls you want to make
    to many countries in the world for four months for ten pounds .
    I have been with V Cheap now for over a year with no problems bills
    are always correct etc I call Belgium and Australia quite a few times
    every month and make many calls within the UK also and not once
    have I found the service not working or of poor quality unlike ONE
    particular provider I will not mention .

    , Dec 12, 2008
  7. Steve P

    Graham. Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > In news:ghtgi7$3h9$,
    > Steve P <private6576568764@spamtrap.000> typed, for some strange,
    > unexplained reason:
    > : I am currently with Sipgate, but just wondered if anyone knows of a
    > : cheaper provider of UK fixed line calls? I like Sipgate, it works
    > : for me, but is there better and cheaper out there for UK calls?
    > :
    > : ps, I dont want a contract or any ongoing monthly charges and would
    > : want to do it on a 'pay as you go' system, just as I do with Sipgate
    > : now.
    > :
    > : Thanks
    >
    > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    >
    > Ivor

    Just more expensive Ivor.
    UK mobile rate on sipgate is twice the price as smslisto
    Sipgate charges serious money for some international destinations
    that are dirt cheap across the entire Betamax portfolio.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 12, 2008
  8. Steve P

    Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:44:08 -0000, "Graham." <> wrote:

    >"Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:ghtgi7$3h9$,
    >> Steve P <private6576568764@spamtrap.000> typed, for some strange,
    >> unexplained reason:
    >> : I am currently with Sipgate, but just wondered if anyone knows of a
    >> : cheaper provider of UK fixed line calls? I like Sipgate, it works
    >> : for me, but is there better and cheaper out there for UK calls?
    >> :
    >> : ps, I dont want a contract or any ongoing monthly charges and would
    >> : want to do it on a 'pay as you go' system, just as I do with Sipgate
    >> : now.
    >> :
    >> : Thanks
    >>
    >> You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    >>
    >> Ivor

    >Just more expensive Ivor.
    >UK mobile rate on sipgate is twice the price as smslisto
    >Sipgate charges serious money for some international destinations
    >that are dirt cheap across the entire Betamax portfolio.

    The Betamax portfolio is just about the best we have got access to in
    the UK Graham and you don't honestly believe what you have said here
    about his employers do you Graham ! .

    , Dec 12, 2008
  9. Steve P

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:ghu587$i37$,
    Ken Ross <688689@spamtrap.000> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:
    : "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : >
    : > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    : >
    : > Ivor
    :
    : When did I say that?

    I wasn't aware you did. The original post was under the name Steve P.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 13, 2008
  10. Steve P

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:ghu5di$jm1$,
    Ken Ross <688689@spamtrap.000> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:
    : "Ken Ross" <688689@spamtrap.000> wrote in message
    : news:ghu587$i37$...
    : >
    : > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : > >
    : > > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    : > >
    : > > Ivor
    : >
    : > When did I say that?
    : Sorry I should have said when did he say that?
    : No-one said 1.19p was expensive, but compared to FREE it sounds quite
    : expensive to me.

    But the OP seems to think it is, or he wouldn't be asking for something
    cheaper.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 13, 2008
  11. Steve P

    Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:51:57 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:ghu5di$jm1$,
    >Ken Ross <688689@spamtrap.000> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    >reason:
    >: "Ken Ross" <688689@spamtrap.000> wrote in message
    >: news:ghu587$i37$...
    >: >
    >: > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >: > news:...
    >: > >
    >: > > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    >: > >
    >: > > Ivor
    >: >
    >: > When did I say that?
    >: Sorry I should have said when did he say that?
    >: No-one said 1.19p was expensive, but compared to FREE it sounds quite
    >: expensive to me.
    >
    >But the OP seems to think it is, or he wouldn't be asking for something
    >cheaper.

    Sipgate are expensive and what's more they are rubbish .

    , Dec 13, 2008
  12. Steve P

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:

    [snip]

    : Sipgate are expensive and what's more they are rubbish .

    How would you know Ron, you're not a customer..?!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 13, 2008
  13. Steve P

    Ian Pawson Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:51:57 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:ghu5di$jm1$,
    >> Ken Ross <688689@spamtrap.000> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    >> reason:
    >> : "Ken Ross" <688689@spamtrap.000> wrote in message
    >> : news:ghu587$i37$...
    >> : >
    >> : > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> : > news:...
    >> : > >
    >> : > > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    >> : > >
    >> : > > Ivor
    >> : >
    >> : > When did I say that?
    >> : Sorry I should have said when did he say that?
    >> : No-one said 1.19p was expensive, but compared to FREE it sounds quite
    >> : expensive to me.
    >>
    >> But the OP seems to think it is, or he wouldn't be asking for something
    >> cheaper.

    > Sipgate are expensive and what's more they are rubbish .

    Not in my experience, very satisfied with their service.

    Ian Pawson, Dec 13, 2008
  14. Steve P

    Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:08:12 +0000, Ian Pawson <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:51:57 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:ghu5di$jm1$,
    >>> Ken Ross <688689@spamtrap.000> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    >>> reason:
    >>> : "Ken Ross" <688689@spamtrap.000> wrote in message
    >>> : news:ghu587$i37$...
    >>> : >
    >>> : > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>> : > news:...
    >>> : > >
    >>> : > > You're saying 1.19p/min is too expensive..?
    >>> : > >
    >>> : > > Ivor
    >>> : >
    >>> : > When did I say that?
    >>> : Sorry I should have said when did he say that?
    >>> : No-one said 1.19p was expensive, but compared to FREE it sounds quite
    >>> : expensive to me.
    >>>
    >>> But the OP seems to think it is, or he wouldn't be asking for something
    >>> cheaper.

    >> Sipgate are expensive and what's more they are rubbish .

    >Not in my experience, very satisfied with their service.

    Many people in the UK will put up with rubbish but I am not one of
    them .

    , Dec 13, 2008
  15. Steve P

    Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:40:30 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    > <> typed, for some strange,
    >unexplained reason:
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >: Sipgate are expensive and what's more they are rubbish .
    >
    >How would you know Ron, you're not a customer..?!
    >
    >Ivor

    I have been and would never even consider signing up again especially
    now there are cheaper and better services to be had in the UK .

    , Dec 13, 2008
  16. Steve P

    Mike Sun Guest

    I use Sipgate for incoming callls and find it to be mostly reliable and it's
    free. I use Betamax (Justvoip) for outgoing calls and find that to be very
    reliable and cheapest for UK landline, mobile and other calls abroad. Hope
    that helps someone. Cheers from Mike.

    Mike Sun, Dec 13, 2008
  17. Steve P

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    Ian Smith <4ward.com> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    : wrote:
    :
    : >>>>
    : >>>> But the OP seems to think it is, or he wouldn't be asking for
    : >>>> something cheaper.
    : >>> Sipgate are expensive and what's more they are rubbish .
    : >> Not in my experience, very satisfied with their service.
    : > Many people in the UK will put up with rubbish but I am not one of
    : > them .
    :
    : It sounds as though your experience is relatively non-typical.
    :
    : I've used Sipgate for a couple of years and have never experienced
    : any issue at all - and, believe me, I don't suffer 'rubbish' either.
    :
    : It looks to me as though - every time you post to trash Sipgate,
    : there are posts saying that they are fine and none supporting your
    : view.
    :
    : regards, Ian

    Ron is the resident troll and his sole function here is to rubbish
    Sipgate. I sometimes wonder if he's paid by the opposition ;-)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 14, 2008
  18. Steve P

    Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:44:16 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >Ian Smith <4ward.com> typed, for some strange,
    >unexplained reason:
    >: wrote:
    >:
    >: >>>>
    >: >>>> But the OP seems to think it is, or he wouldn't be asking for
    >: >>>> something cheaper.
    >: >>> Sipgate are expensive and what's more they are rubbish .
    >: >> Not in my experience, very satisfied with their service.
    >: > Many people in the UK will put up with rubbish but I am not one of
    >: > them .
    >:
    >: It sounds as though your experience is relatively non-typical.
    >:
    >: I've used Sipgate for a couple of years and have never experienced
    >: any issue at all - and, believe me, I don't suffer 'rubbish' either.
    >:
    >: It looks to me as though - every time you post to trash Sipgate,
    >: there are posts saying that they are fine and none supporting your
    >: view.
    >:
    >: regards, Ian
    >
    >Ron is the resident troll and his sole function here is to rubbish
    >Sipgate. I sometimes wonder if he's paid by the opposition ;-)
    >
    >Ivor

    No I am not paid by anyone unlike YOU Ivor otherwise you would not
    defend them so vigorously when anyone says anything derogatory about
    them .
    While I am at it has I have stated before you leave this group and no
    one will see me here again either it is you I am after and always will
    be while you still persist in not being a European and defending
    Sipgate no matter what they do to their customers .

    , Dec 14, 2008
  19. Steve P

    Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:51:40 +0000, Ian Smith
    <4ward.com> wrote:

    >Yes. I've witnessed the exchanges. You rise to his taunts too easily
    >- just ignore them.
    >
    >regards, Ian

    Like it or lump it I will hound Ivor until the day I die Ian so you
    had better get used to it .

    , Dec 14, 2008
  20. <> wrote in message
    > While I am at it has I have stated before you leave this group and no
    > one will see me here again either it is you I am after and always will
    > be while you still persist in not being a European and defending
    > Sipgate no matter what they do to their customers .

    You little mard-ar*e, throwing childish tantrums, resorting to blackmail,
    and prepared to try and make everyone else suffer just because you disagree
    with another person's views.
    How did you get out of my kill file, back in the box you go.

    Harry Stottle, Dec 14, 2008