    living off it? just wondering. it would be interesting to go solo for a
    change.

    RY,MCSE
    Rowdy Yates, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Rowdy Yates

    Bill Gates Guest

    I have been self employed for a good thew years now and am
    loving it. had to be the best move i ever made. started
    with nearly nothing but know control nearly all the market
    and bet of all can have a pet and a hooker every night

    yours truly
    Bill Gates

    managing to make a

    Bill Gates, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Rowdy Yates

    billyw Guest

    i'm self employed.
    it's hard work at first and the percieved uncertainty can be a problem for
    some. but the end result can be very rewarding, not only in cash terms but
    also in time terms.
    as long as you structure things right you can make money and have more free
    time..

    one thing tho.. try and make sure there is a pool of people you can use for
    casual work... will get you out of a spot and not cost you a ton of money

    billyw, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    thanks for replay. what you say makes "common sense" sense. looks like most
    people on this ng aren't or aren't telling. i guess it's hard to compete
    with the CGI's of the world.

    RY

    Rowdy Yates, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Rowdy Yates

    Consultant Guest

    i was self employed for @ 6 years, mainly selling hardware, then services
    towards the end. now i'm fully focused on networking, etc and supporting
    hardware. i hate sales, but you must be a good salesman in order to make it.
    i like consulting thru another company, as the pay is steady, but i have
    been seriously contemplating re-entering the business and blowing all the
    local clowns out of the water ;-)

    Consultant, Dec 1, 2003
  6. Rowdy Yates

    billyw Guest

    aw man.. you back blowing clowns again..
    thought you said you gave that up when you got married and tried to go
    straight

    yuck

    billyw, Dec 1, 2003
  7. Rowdy Yates

    billyw Guest

    the hardest part is the sales..
    specially if u're not from that background.
    soon as you can, invest in a salesman.. they do come in handy and also you
    can laugh at they're dress sense (or lack of)

    billyw, Dec 1, 2003
  8. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    LOL .. :)

    Rowdy Yates, Dec 2, 2003
  9. Rowdy Yates

    Consultant Guest

    that's disgusting. i would like to point out that you put a homosexual spin
    on every rebuttal. coincidence? do you have something to share with the
    class?

    Consultant, Dec 2, 2003
  10. Rowdy Yates

    billyw Guest